Safe Harbor Maritime Academy:
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy, located in Jacksonville, Florida, is a Christian residential education program for teenage boys, aged 14-1/2 to 17. Safe Harbor admits boys who are fatherless, have lost one or more parents to death, and those who are experiencing behavior problems in home and at school and need an alternative home setting. Safe Harbor is open to all teenage boys, who qualify for the program, regardless of religion, race, color, creed or national origin. Providing a safe, stable, structured, alternative living environment, boys live aboard their own vessel (quarters are not shared), learning seamanship and maritime skills as well as studying for a high school diploma.
- The program length varies and is dependent upon each student's unique situation, with typical stays of 15-18 months. Each student receives individual services based upon their needs.
- All students participate in daily spiritual instruction and devotions in a non-denominational based setting, with staff who believe knowing God is a privilege but understand it remains a personal choice, and must not be forced.
- Safe Harbor's maritime and academic curriculum prepares students to enter college, the military service, or the workforce upon graduation.
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy is accredited by Florida Association of Christian Child Care Agencies (FACCCA) and has operated for 25 years without accepting government funding for support.
A typical day includes service oportunities (some people call them chores) it includes fellowship at meals, it includes academic and/or vocational time, it includes free time, it may include tutoring, it involves Spiritual development time with the staff, and of course relationship building time.
- Therapeutic boarding school environment
- Boys live aboard their own vessel
- High school diploma program
- Fine Arts
- American Government
- Maritime Classes
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy located in Jacksonville, Florida, uses the waterfront as a residential and educational facility for teenage boys.
Jacksonville is located in the First Coast region of northeast Florida and is centered on the banks of the St. Johns River, about 25 miles south of the Georgia border and about 340 miles north of Miami, Fl.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Safe Harbor Way, Jacksonville, Florida , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.