Boarding schools for troubled kids in Southeast: Residential programs for difficult boys in Florida, Christian boarding school in Jacksonville for at-risk youth with behavioral issues, emotional problems, private high school education, residential treatment programs, specialty boarding school for young men in FL.
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy: Situated in Jacksonville FL, Safe Harbor Maritime Academy is a Christian residential education program for teenage boys, aged 14-1/2 to 17. Safe Harbor admits boys who are fatherless, have lost one or more parents to death, and those who are experiencing behavior problems in home and at school and need an alternative home setting. Safe Harbor is open to all teenage boys, who qualify for the program, regardless of religion, race, color, creed or national origin.
Safe Harbor Maritime Academy located in Jacksonville, Florida, uses the waterfront as a residential and educational facility for teenage boys. Jacksonville is located in the First Coast region of northeast Florida and is centered on the banks of the St. Johns River, about 25 miles south of the Georgia border and about 340 miles north of Miami, Fl.
Situated on a state-of-the-art 450-acre campus in Bradenton, south-west Florida, IMG Academy is an accredited Pre-K–12th grade college preparatory boarding school for ages 11 and up.
IMG Academy is proud to provide a challenging and supportive academic and athletic program for student-athletes from all over the world. We have proven ourselves over the course of 30 years as a world leader in total athletic development for athletes of all ability levels.
Over half of our students come from international backgrounds. Our student-athletes experience different cultures and become friends with others from around the globe. We also offer English language instruction, TOEFL and SAT courses, as well as High School Post-Graduate studies.
We house boarding students in three areas on campus. Careful consideration is given with regards to placing your child into his or her housing environment. We always match student athletes based on gender first and age second.
Professional-quality facilities and immaculately maintained fields/surfaces are the standard on campus to ensure that there is no letdown in training - the type of environment typically only utilized by pro athletes.
Conveniently situated in Polk County FL between Tampa and Orlando along Interstate 4, Lakeland Grace Academy is a private, accredited 40-bed Christian boarding school for at-risk girls ages 12-17.
Registered with the State of Florida and a member of the Florida Association of Christian Child Caring Agencies (FACCCA), we provide a 15-month wellness program to girls who are struggling with problems such as low self-esteem, depression, at-risk behavior and rebellion.
Our student residences are located in a 10,000 square foot home-like facility on acreage nestled in a middle class community in Lakeland FL.
Lakeland Grace Academy provides focused and individualized academic attention for the girls in its care. The focus is on improved study skills, which gives a competitive advantage in college.
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Academic Education
- Participation in Activities
- Great Campus Environment
- Qualified and Dedicated Staff Members
- Outreach Opportunities
- Christian Values
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade / 14-18 year old students from Florida, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan and Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, Canada, China, Germany, Argentina, and the U.S. among others.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Review: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The Bolles School is a private, college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville in Duval County FL, the school enrolls more than 1,700 boarding and day students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 on four campuses, Ponte Vedra, Whitehurst, Bartram and San Jose.
The Bolles School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Our students learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion.
The School preserves the tradition of excellence in preparing students for college and life, while providing a comprehensive breadth of learning opportunities and experiences.
For our boarding students, Bolles is a second home. With boarders in Grades 7-12 from more than 25 countries, the program offers diversity and a sense of family that enhances the Bolles experience. Shuttle buses transport boarding students to their respective campuses for school and other activities.
For students in Grades 7-9, the boarding program includes structured study time, room inspection and daily academic counseling. This prepares them for more independent living in Grades 10-12.
- Day Programs from Kindergarten through 12th Grade
- Boarding Programs for in 7th to 12th Grade
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Upper School
- Advanced Placement Courses
- English as a Second Language
- College Preparatory Curriculum with subjects including math, science, English, Spanish, French, German, Latin and other languages, social studies, history, fine and performing arts, physical education
- Day Programs (Grades Pre-K-12)
- Boarding Programs (Grades 7-12)
- Traditional College Preparatory Program
- Lighthouse Point Academy Program for students with mild learning differences
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Performing Arts Program
- Technology Center
- Enrichment Programs
- College Guidance and Counseling
Situated in Melbourne FL, Florida Prep offers a premier college prep education to boys and girls in 6th - 12th grade. The school accepts day and 5/7 day boarders.
Our academic programs are based upon 21st Century Skills & Values, enhanced by exciting electives, clubs, sports and activities. Our classes are small in size and enjoy a low student-teacher ratio.
Florida Prep is just one hour from Orlando, two miles from Space Coast beaches and about 40 minutes from the Kennedy Space Center. Your child will have access to world-class entertainment and educational opportunities that students in other private boarding schools can only dream of.
Campus life at Florida Prep includes a student body comprised of approximately 200 students from 25 states and 20 foreign countries, including Europe, South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Russia, China and Korea.
An active Parent Association and faculty living on campus ensure your child will be surrounded by "a family away from home" at all times.
Co-ed College Prep:
- For students in Grades 6-12:
- Middle School Program (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- Honors and Advanced Placement Program
- AP exams
- Dual Enrollment Program
- Optional Academic Programs: (SAT Preparation; Tutorial Math; TOEFL Preparation, ESL Tutoring)
- Optional Air Force JROTC Program
- Optional Flight Program