USA: Private Schools Chicago, Illinois, High School, Private Elementary Schools, Private Middle Schools, Illinois Preschools, Chicago child care centers, day care, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools in Chicago Metro Area, Christian schools..
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy (MPA) is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school dedicated to preparing students for college and inspiring them to strive for excellence and realize their full potential, both academically and as individuals. We are located in the Morgan Park residential area of Chicago in Cook County. Families come to MPA from communities throughout Chicago, the southern and western suburbs in Cook, DuPage, Kankakee and Will counties, as well as north-west Indiana.
At Morgan Park Academy, our highly motivated faculty is complemented by a stimulating, time-tested curriculum. We have some of the smallest class sizes among the top schools in Illinois. We provide an engaging, personal learning experience for students from preschool through to high school.
At Morgan Park Academy, we embrace an overriding desire to inspire students to lead lives of purpose, to learn to work hard, to strive for excellence, and to appreciate the diversity that exists in this world.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Part-time Performing Arts Classes for children ages 4-16:
The Premier Program (Ages 4-6 years)
- Classes held every Saturday
- The class is a 90 minute program
- Each student takes a 30 minute acting class, a 30 minute singing class, and a 30 minute dance class
The Company Classes (Ages 6-16 years)
- Held every Saturday for three hours.
- Students are divided into three groups based on their age.
- Each group attends a one hour acting class, a one hour singing class, and a one hour dance class
Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic, college-preparatory high school where each young woman is educated to reach her highest academic potential, empowered to discover her unique place in the world, and inspired to become a confident, faith-filled leader.
Josephinum offers students a challenging academic curriculum and the support they need to achieve their highest potential. Josephinum's college-prep program prepares students to be successful in college, to help them gain admittance at the school of their choice, and to win scholarships that make college affordable.
As a Sacred Heart school, Josephinum shares the mission, values, and traditions of the Sacred Heart education. Josephinum is a welcoming and diverse community with a well-rounded program that nurtures the values of faith, academic excellence, service, and personal growth within students.
Education programs for girls in grades 9 through to grade twelve:
IB Literature, IB History, IB Biology, IB Math Studies, IB Theater, Theory of Knowledge, IB Language (French or Spanish), along with our 9th and 10th grade curriculum geared at preparing students for the rigor of the International Baccalaureate.
Located in North Side Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, near Irving Park and the Lake, Smart Love Preschool offers a play-based curriculum within an eco-friendly environment as five day or half day (morning and afternoon) care programs for toddlers and children of 3-5 years. Families from Lakeview, Ravenswood, Irving Park, Avondale and surrounding Northside communities can be sure of the strength of our Smart Love philosophy which has been successfully applied by trained professionals in a broad range of settings for over three decades.
We have created a unique and inspiring toddler program involving spacious motor play and lively group times, designed especially for your child's optimal development. In our preschool section, theme-based, age appropriate content is taught in an engaging way that stimulates children's natural curiosity about the world around them and incorporates early math and literacy skills.
The Smart Love Preschool provides a setting that promotes young children's long-term academic success by strengthening their social-emotional health and inspiring their intellectual creativity through play-based learning.
Children's Garden Montessori is located in Oak Park, west of Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. It is a Montessori Pre-school & Kindergarten with daycare education programs for children ages 2 through to 6 years, of all races, religions and national origin. Children's Garden Montessori pre-school is a privately owned and operated school, chartered in Oak Park and licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services.
We serve Oak Park, Melrose Park, Galewood, Montclare, Elmwood Park and surrounding communities. Children must be at least 2 yrs old before entry and can stay until they complete the Kindergarten Year. We employ both Montessori & Early Childhood Education trained teachers.
- Preschool & Kindergarten program for children ages 2 through to 6 years.
- We follow the Montessori curriculum with interactive learning programs.
- We offer both an English and a Spanish Language Immersion program.
- Summer Camp programs are also available.
St. Cornelius School in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois is dedicated to providing children an excellent education rooted in the Catholic Christian tradition through our preschool and elementary / middle school programs through Grade 8. By our focus on education driven by faith, students learn and act with integrity and kindness. Our goal is to educate children to become dedicated and productive people in our world. The St. Cornelius learning program is geared to meet the needs of today and the demands of tomorrow.
Cornelius School is an integral part of the St. Cornelius Parish and community at large. In conjunction with the evangelizing mission of the church and parish, St. Cornelius School is called to teach the message of Jesus in a Catholic context. Our unique role is to instill in the children the future responsibility of becoming loving adult disciples of Jesus.
Catholic Educational Programs from Preschool through Grade 8:
- Catholic Preschool program: Classes for 3 and 4 year old children
- Catholic Elementary & Middle School program (Grades K-8)
- We also offer an extended day option until 6:00 pm
- Registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
St. Cornelius is dedicated to providing an education for the student inside and outside of the classroom.
L&L Academy and Preschool is located on Clark Street in Chicago in Cook County (Just a block away from Lincoln Park Zoo), and offers daycare and preschool programs for children aged between three and six years. Our goals are to nurture and guide each child’s development physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually that will continue to evolve over a lifetime. This is done in an environment where learning unfolds though stimulating play, exploration and curriculum.
Some parents may prefer the Montessori approach; we believe that, as professional teachers, it is our duty to help children discover their interests through guidance. With fun, but carefully planned curriculum, we can help your child discover the wonders of reading, poetry, science, creative movement and much more.
The Paintbrush, opened in 2005, is a children's art studio owned by sisters Melanie and Mindy Apel in Lakeview on the North Side of Chicago, Cook County, IL. At The Paintbrush, kids do more than just paint. Starting at 18 months old, kids learn about famous artists, listen to music and create their own inspired works of art and projects inspired by the artists' styles.
The Paintbrush offers a selection of classes geared to different ages along with workshops and summer camp. Classes are ongoing, so kids can join anytime.
The mission of The Paintbrush is to introduce young children to the wonderful world of art. The main goal is to teach kids to love art and have an understanding of the artists they study and whose works inspire their own creations.
"Progressive Education in a Nurturing Environment:"
Chicago Friends School provides an educational environment that meets children’s intellectual, social and emotional needs, nurtures relationships, and that fosters a sense of belonging, social awareness, and personal responsibility.
In our multi-age classrooms, teachers approach each child from a developmental perspective focusing on each child’s next steps. Younger children learn from the older children and older children have an opportunity to take on a leadership role and share their knowledge.