USA: Private Schools Chicago, Illinois, High School, Private Elementary Schools, Private Middle Schools, Illinois Preschools, Chicago child care centers, day care, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools in Chicago Metro Area, Christian schools..
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy (MPA) is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school dedicated to preparing students for college and inspiring them to strive for excellence and realize their full potential, both academically and as individuals. We are located in the Morgan Park residential area of Chicago in Cook County. Families come to MPA from communities throughout Chicago, the southern and western suburbs in Cook, DuPage, Kankakee and Will counties, as well as north-west Indiana.
At Morgan Park Academy, our highly motivated faculty is complemented by a stimulating, time-tested curriculum. We have some of the smallest class sizes among the top schools in Illinois. We provide an engaging, personal learning experience for students from preschool through to high school.
At Morgan Park Academy, we embrace an overriding desire to inspire students to lead lives of purpose, to learn to work hard, to strive for excellence, and to appreciate the diversity that exists in this world.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
"Progressive Education in a Nurturing Environment:"
Chicago Friends School provides an educational environment that meets children’s intellectual, social and emotional needs, nurtures relationships, and that fosters a sense of belonging, social awareness, and personal responsibility.
In our multi-age classrooms, teachers approach each child from a developmental perspective focusing on each child’s next steps. Younger children learn from the older children and older children have an opportunity to take on a leadership role and share their knowledge.
Part-time Performing Arts Classes for children ages 4-16:
The Premier Program (Ages 4-6 years)
- Classes held every Saturday
- The class is a 90 minute program
- Each student takes a 30 minute acting class, a 30 minute singing class, and a 30 minute dance class
The Company Classes (Ages 6-16 years)
- Held every Saturday for three hours.
- Students are divided into three groups based on their age.
- Each group attends a one hour acting class, a one hour singing class, and a one hour dance class
5.Parliament Tutors | Private Tutoring, Test Prep & Admissions
Courses / Programs
Parliament Tutors is dedicated to bringing students the most customized learning experiences from the most highly qualified tutors. We have private tutors based throughout Chicago, Illinois, offering academic tutoring and test preparation for students of all ages and academic backgrounds trying to reach their highest potential grades and target scores. We cater for K-8, high school and college / university students.
While our private tutoring and test prep philosophy stresses the importance of independent study and practice, Parliament's Chicago tutors are equipped with the most effective learning strategies and highest level of knowledge in their fields. In addition to our private tutoring, we offer summer crash courses for various standardized exams.
- K-8 tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- High school tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- College course help
- College Prep Tutoring for PSAT, SAT, ACT, SAT II & AP exams
- Postgraduate Prep Tutoring for GRE, GMAT, MCAT & LSAT exams
- TOEFL test preparation
- Language lessons including Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Japanese and more
Maternity B.V.M. Chicago is a Roman Catholic Parish & Elementary School providing quality Christian Education in Chicago, Illinois, at the intersection of North Avenue & Lawndale in West Humbolt Park. Maternity B.V.M. School creates an atmosphere in which students can develop their potential for growth, independence, and knowledge.
We believe our students are unique individuals who approach learning through various cultural backgrounds, modes of development, and natural abilities. Consistency and flexibility of the curriculum meet the various needs for academic growth.
Our small classes ensure students receive individualized attention from caring teachers and staff in a nurturing and loving enviroment. Our test scores soar above those of neighborhing public schools. We also provide generous scholarships to families who qualify.
Child's Play Touring Theatre, based in Chicago, Illinois, is a private touring theatre company offering workshops, residencies, after school programs, and summer camps across the USA. Child's Play Touring Theatre travels all over the country performing stories and poems written by children. Our mission is to share, encourage and validate the creativity of children by performing original works of theatre, music, and dance adapted from literature written by young authors.
Through performances, workshops and intensive residencies, Child's Play is a touring company that has reached an audience of over 4.2 million children, teachers and parents in 38 states. We see arts as an educational tool with lifelong benefits and teach not only in the schools, but at our studio and our summer camps. Child's Play Touring Theatre is a not-for-profit organization.
Science Academy of Chicago (SAC) is a college preparatory school located at 8300 N. Greenwood Ave, Niles, IL 60714, for grades 1-8, with special emphasis on math, science and technology. SAC provides an environment of learning and continuous growth for students to reach their highest potential - intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. In the Continental Math League, SAC was ranked 4th Top School in League, 2nd school in the State and 2nd Top School in Chicago Region (11 Gold Medal, 5 Silver Medal, and 8 Special Awards).
Five of our students were also chosen to present their project in the State Science Exposition. SAC took Third Place and two special awards in National Engineers "Week Chicago Regional Future City Competition".
St. John Berchmans is located on historic Logan Boulevard in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. We are just seconds from the Kennedy Expressway, ten minutes from downtown Chicago, and easily accessible by public transportation. Our philosophy is to encompass all facets of Christian living in the education of the whole child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, cultural, and physical.
We strive to build a sense of self-esteem, confidence and love of learning. We value and respect the cultural and academic diversity of the school community. Our students Terra Nova test scores consistently exceed the Archdiocese averages across the board. All our classrooms have computers with internet access. Our graduates have gone on to some of the state's best high schools and Ivy league colleges. Your child's academic success starts here.
The Children's House Lake Meadows provides distinct and proven Early Education Experience programs for children ages 6 weeks through to 12 years of age. The Children's House is privately owned, and currently operates 4 facilities in Cook County, Illinois, including Chicago City, Park Forest and Markham. The Children's House Lake Meadows is fully licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
We employ only qualified teachers and teachers aides, and keep our class sizes small to provide your child with a comfortable environment that is conductive to learning. Our endeavor is to provide parents, regardless of their hours of work or school schedule, with quality care for their children. Because of our desire to accommodate the many schedules incurred in the 21st century, The Children's House is open 130 hours a week, versus the normal 60 hours at most child care centers.