USA: Private Schools Chicago, Illinois, High School, Private Elementary Schools, Private Middle Schools, Illinois Preschools, Chicago child care centers, day care, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools in Chicago Metro Area, Christian schools..
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy (MPA) is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school dedicated to preparing students for college and inspiring them to strive for excellence and realize their full potential, both academically and as individuals. We are located in the Morgan Park residential area of Chicago in Cook County. Families come to MPA from communities throughout Chicago, the southern and western suburbs in Cook, DuPage, Kankakee and Will counties, as well as north-west Indiana.
At Morgan Park Academy, our highly motivated faculty is complemented by a stimulating, time-tested curriculum. We have some of the smallest class sizes among the top schools in Illinois. We provide an engaging, personal learning experience for students from preschool through to high school.
At Morgan Park Academy, we embrace an overriding desire to inspire students to lead lives of purpose, to learn to work hard, to strive for excellence, and to appreciate the diversity that exists in this world.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Note to parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
Note to language class providers: Contact us if you provide full-immersion programs for adults and / or children in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian and German.
Potential ad locations in Chicagoland: Hyde Park, Lincoln Park, Barrington, Mt. Prospect / Arlington Heights, Deerfield / Lake Forest, Park Ridge, Glen Ellyn / Wheaton, Naperville, Geneva / St. Charles, Wilmette / Evanston, and Hinsdale / Oakbrook IL.
Part-time Performing Arts Classes for children ages 4-16:
The Premier Program (Ages 4-6 years)
- Classes held every Saturday
- The class is a 90 minute program
- Each student takes a 30 minute acting class, a 30 minute singing class, and a 30 minute dance class
The Company Classes (Ages 6-16 years)
- Held every Saturday for three hours.
- Students are divided into three groups based on their age.
- Each group attends a one hour acting class, a one hour singing class, and a one hour dance class
British School of Chicago is located in the popular Lincoln Park area in Chicago City in Cook County, Illinois, with easy access from I-90/94 and the CTA Red Line. We offer nursery to year 12 programs consisting of a style of learning that's New World innovative and Old World refined. We approach every student's needs in a way that's as unique as they are. The student is at the centre of everything we do, and we help them build on their strengths, grow their talents and explore all the possibilities.
The unique and international style of the school has proven popular and attractive to a wide variety of American, British and international families in the Chicago metro area. The combination of three distinctive curricula, the International Primary Curriculum, the UK National Curriculum and International Baccalaureate Diploma Program provides a comprehensive, international programme of study which aims to equip every student with the essential skills for lifelong learning and meet individual learning needs.
Today, our enrolment comprises of approximately 485 students. British School of Chicago is accredited by the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA).
L&L Academy and Preschool is located on Clark Street in Chicago in Cook County (Just a block away from Lincoln Park Zoo), and offers daycare and preschool programs for children aged between three and six years. Our goals are to nurture and guide each child’s development physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually that will continue to evolve over a lifetime. This is done in an environment where learning unfolds though stimulating play, exploration and curriculum.
Some parents may prefer the Montessori approach; we believe that, as professional teachers, it is our duty to help children discover their interests through guidance. With fun, but carefully planned curriculum, we can help your child discover the wonders of reading, poetry, science, creative movement and much more.
St. John Berchmans is located on historic Logan Boulevard in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. We are just seconds from the Kennedy Expressway, ten minutes from downtown Chicago, and easily accessible by public transportation. Our philosophy is to encompass all facets of Christian living in the education of the whole child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, cultural, and physical.
We strive to build a sense of self-esteem, confidence and love of learning. We value and respect the cultural and academic diversity of the school community. Our students Terra Nova test scores consistently exceed the Archdiocese averages across the board. All our classrooms have computers with internet access. Our graduates have gone on to some of the state's best high schools and Ivy league colleges. Your child's academic success starts here.
Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic, college-preparatory high school where each young woman is educated to reach her highest academic potential, empowered to discover her unique place in the world, and inspired to become a confident, faith-filled leader.
Josephinum offers students a challenging academic curriculum and the support they need to achieve their highest potential. Josephinum's college-prep program prepares students to be successful in college, to help them gain admittance at the school of their choice, and to win scholarships that make college affordable.
As a Sacred Heart school, Josephinum shares the mission, values, and traditions of the Sacred Heart education. Josephinum is a welcoming and diverse community with a well-rounded program that nurtures the values of faith, academic excellence, service, and personal growth within students.
Education programs for girls in grades 9 through to grade twelve:
IB Literature, IB History, IB Biology, IB Math Studies, IB Theater, Theory of Knowledge, IB Language (French or Spanish), along with our 9th and 10th grade curriculum geared at preparing students for the rigor of the International Baccalaureate.
• Note to language class providers, parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
• Contact us if you make learning fun, through an engaging mix of games, songs, puppet shows, arts & crafts, cooking projects, treasure hunts, movement and drama, all in the Chinese language.
• Mandarin Chinese class ad options available at our centers in Hyde Park, Lincoln Park, Barrington, Mt Prospect / Arlington Heights, Deerfield / Lake Forest, Naperville, Park Ridge, Glen Ellyn / Wheaton, Geneva / St. Charles, Wilmette / Evanston, and Hinsdale / Oakbrook IL.
Lakefront Children's Academy is a full-service, private, educational academy for children ages two through to six years. We are conveniently located in the New East Side neighborhood in the center of Chicago, close to Millennium Park and the heart of Chicago's downtown loop. Lakefront Children's Academy offers an enhanced curriculum and solid educational programs.
Our academic programs feature computer readiness, foreign language, math & reading readiness, science, library, music, art, cultural appreciation & physical education classes. 95% of our pre-kindergarten and kindergarten graduates who apply for are accepted to private, gifted and classical schools.
Lakefront Children's Academy was recognized as one of the top 100 child care centers in the country by Child Care Business Publication. Lakefront Children's Academy is both City and State Licensed and our staff attend regular training seminars to keep current on the latest issues in Early Childhood Education.
Our low student to teacher ratio ensures each child receives individual attention and care. Within a safe environment, each child will be stimulated to explore, make choices and develop age appropriate skills.
- Academic programs for ages 2-6 years, geared toward stimulating the development of skills and communication, providing a growing awareness of sizes, shapes, and colors, cultivating manipulative skills and increasing physical development.
- Academics / Activities:
* Reading Readiness
* Math Readinesss
* Earthworks Science Program
* Practical Life
* Musikgarten Music Lessons
* Computer Readiness
* Physical Education
* Field Trips
* Hot Meals
* Summer Camp program