USA: Private Schools Chicago, Illinois, High School, Private Elementary Schools, Private Middle Schools, Illinois Preschools, Chicago child care centers, day care, after school programs, kindergarten, K-8, K-12 schools in Chicago Metro Area, Christian schools..
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy (MPA) is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school dedicated to preparing students for college and inspiring them to strive for excellence and realize their full potential, both academically and as individuals. We are located in the Morgan Park residential area of Chicago in Cook County. Families come to MPA from communities throughout Chicago, the southern and western suburbs in Cook, DuPage, Kankakee and Will counties, as well as north-west Indiana.
At Morgan Park Academy, our highly motivated faculty is complemented by a stimulating, time-tested curriculum. We have some of the smallest class sizes among the top schools in Illinois. We provide an engaging, personal learning experience for students from preschool through to high school.
At Morgan Park Academy, we embrace an overriding desire to inspire students to lead lives of purpose, to learn to work hard, to strive for excellence, and to appreciate the diversity that exists in this world.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful graduation, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized instruction with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Extra-curricular clubs and special events held live online
• Programs for students with special needs
A college preparatory academic diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful graduation
• Note to parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
• Note to language class providers: - Contact us if you offer beginner to advanced level Spanish language courses to children and / or adults.
• Potential ad locations in Chicagoland, including Hyde Park; Lincoln Park; Barrington; Mt Prospect / Arlington Heights; Deerfield / Lake Forest; Naperville; Park Ridge; Geneva / St. Charles; Wilmette / Evanston; Hinsdale / Oakbrook and Glen Ellyn / Wheaton IL.
Further Language Instruction: • French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Italian, Arabic
4.Parliament Tutors | Private Tutoring, Test Prep & Admissions
Courses / Programs
Parliament Tutors is dedicated to bringing students the most customized learning experiences from the most highly qualified tutors. We have private tutors based throughout Chicago, Illinois, offering academic tutoring and test preparation for students of all ages and academic backgrounds trying to reach their highest potential grades and target scores. We cater for K-8, high school and college / university students.
While our private tutoring and test prep philosophy stresses the importance of independent study and practice, Parliament's Chicago tutors are equipped with the most effective learning strategies and highest level of knowledge in their fields. In addition to our private tutoring, we offer summer crash courses for various standardized exams.
- K-8 tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- High school tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- College course help
- College Prep Tutoring for PSAT, SAT, ACT, SAT II & AP exams
- Postgraduate Prep Tutoring for GRE, GMAT, MCAT & LSAT exams
- TOEFL test preparation
- Language lessons including Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Japanese and more
Note to parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
Note to language class providers: Contact us if you provide full-immersion programs for adults and / or children in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian and German.
Potential ad locations in Chicagoland: Hyde Park, Lincoln Park, Barrington, Mt. Prospect / Arlington Heights, Deerfield / Lake Forest, Park Ridge, Glen Ellyn / Wheaton, Naperville, Geneva / St. Charles, Wilmette / Evanston, and Hinsdale / Oakbrook IL.
Part-time Performing Arts Classes for children ages 4-16:
The Premier Program (Ages 4-6 years)
- Classes held every Saturday
- The class is a 90 minute program
- Each student takes a 30 minute acting class, a 30 minute singing class, and a 30 minute dance class
The Company Classes (Ages 6-16 years)
- Held every Saturday for three hours.
- Students are divided into three groups based on their age.
- Each group attends a one hour acting class, a one hour singing class, and a one hour dance class
7.KC's Academy of Early Childhood Education, Chicago
Courses / Programs
For quality preschool, kindergarten, and infant / toddler programs, KC’s Academy of Early Childhood Education is the premier choice on the North Side of Chicago in Cook County. We are situated blocks from the Lakefront, conveniently located to serve our neighbors in Wrigleyville, Lakeview, Lincoln Park and Uptown. We are committed to education and providing excellent child care for your little ones.
At KC’s Academy of Early Childhood Education, we accept and embrace the fact that children construct their learning through playful interaction with objects, activities and people in their environment. We believe that these interactions result in your child’s acquisition of knowledge within their social, emotional, physical and cognitive developmental areas. This can positively influence the development of a strong educational foundation.
Education programs for children ages 2-6 years:
- Infant programs
- Toddler programs
- Preschool programs
- Kindergarten programs
- After School programs
* Opening hours 6:30 am - 6:30pm, low child-teacher ratio, emphasis on reading readiness & on building strong math & science foundation
* Bilingual programs also offered (Introduction to the English / Spanish language)
Latin School of Chicago located adjacent to Lincoln Park on the North Side is an independent, co-educational college preparatory school for students in junior kindergarten through to grade twelve. Latin is the oldest independent school in the city of Chicago. The school was designed to provide students with a rigorous college-preparatory education in the classical tradition, with a curriculum that was heavily influenced by classical studies and the study of the Greek and Latin languages, hence the name “Latin School." Latin is still taught at the school today and is offered from sixth-grade onwards.
This academic load is balanced by a wide array of outside opportunities to play sports; be in the Middle School play; participate on a competitive math, science, or chess team; work on the student newspaper; perform in the band or chorus; be a member of student government; do community service; or participate in any number of other activities.
Latin School of Chicago is accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education, by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Kindergarten Program
- Lower School Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
* Each student takes a core set of courses in mathematics, English, science, social studies, fine arts and physical and affective education.
* Older students then may choose to continue with their Latin study or begin another language: French, Spanish, or Chinese. Computer and technology skills are taught throughout the Middle and Upper School years.
Jolly Fun House Playschools cater for kids ages 6 weeks to 5 years through our Infant program, Toddler / Two Years program, Preschool / Pre-Kindergarten program, and more. We have three locations in Cook County, Illinois (Chicago City, Norridge and Prospect Heights). Our facility in Chicago enjoys a central location serving Irving Park, Albany Park, Avondale, Hermosa and Belmont communities. Our students achieve great results. Strong academic performance on standardized tests, on average, place our students in the top percentiles nationally.
Since 1942, the JFH Educational Academy has provided the highest standard of care and educational opportunity for children from infants through to preschool and the early grades. At JFH, our past, present and future commitment is to provide the highest standard of care and education that has been the hallmark of this family-owned and operated business.
Jolly Fun House Playschool is accredited by the National Childcare Association (NCCA) and National Early Childhood Program Accreditation Commission (NECPA).
Lakefront Children's Academy is a full-service, private, educational academy for children ages two through to six years. We are conveniently located in the New East Side neighborhood in the center of Chicago, close to Millennium Park and the heart of Chicago's downtown loop. Lakefront Children's Academy offers an enhanced curriculum and solid educational programs.
Our academic programs feature computer readiness, foreign language, math & reading readiness, science, library, music, art, cultural appreciation & physical education classes. 95% of our pre-kindergarten and kindergarten graduates who apply for are accepted to private, gifted and classical schools.
Lakefront Children's Academy was recognized as one of the top 100 child care centers in the country by Child Care Business Publication. Lakefront Children's Academy is both City and State Licensed and our staff attend regular training seminars to keep current on the latest issues in Early Childhood Education.
Our low student to teacher ratio ensures each child receives individual attention and care. Within a safe environment, each child will be stimulated to explore, make choices and develop age appropriate skills.
- Academic programs for ages 2-6 years, geared toward stimulating the development of skills and communication, providing a growing awareness of sizes, shapes, and colors, cultivating manipulative skills and increasing physical development.
- Academics / Activities:
* Reading Readiness
* Math Readinesss
* Earthworks Science Program
* Practical Life
* Musikgarten Music Lessons
* Computer Readiness
* Physical Education
* Field Trips
* Hot Meals
* Summer Camp program