Private Schools in Illinois: Creative writing classes for kids in Chicago, writing programs for children, young author workshops for teens, after-school drama programs, youth summer camps, performing arts training for kids in New York, New Jersey, California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle...
Child's Play Touring Theatre: Child's Play Touring Theatre, based in Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a private touring theatre company offering workshops, residencies, after school programs and summer camps across the USA. Child's Play Touring Theatre travels all over the country performing stories and poems written by children. Our mission is to share, encourage and validate the creativity of children by performing original works of theatre, music, and dance adapted from literature written by young authors.
Education Workshops / Programs: Child's Play has developed sequential writing and education programs for children and educators throughout the United States. Programs vary in length and are easily integrated into a school's curriculum.
* Sunday “FunDay” Classes: Sunday “FunDay” Classes are available for children 7-12 who don’t have Child’s Play at their school, but want to create and perform their own plays.
* Young Author Workshops: Young Author Workshops are geared to inspire the young writer’s creativity in writing as well as in drama.
* Artists-In-Residence Programs: Artists-In-Residence are in-depth programs, providing expanded curriculum and a final performance, to schools with class sessions scheduled for as little as five days to many days throughout the school year.
* After School Program: After School programs are available for schools and community organizations and customized to tie into your mission and meet your needs.
* Summer Camps: Summer Camps are held each year starting in June, providing a safe and creative environment for children 7-14.
* The Writing Our World Workshop: The Writing Our World Workshop provides a master class that incorporates themes of cultural and global awareness into our educational program.
* Teen Classes: Child’s Play is now expanding their offerings to young adults 13-18, providing teenagers with an in-studio program specifically geared to their interests and needs.
Additionally: We also offer Teacher Workshops designed to help teachers integrate Child's Play’s drama-based writing techniques into their own school curriculum.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful graduation, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized instruction with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Extra-curricular clubs and special events held live online
• Programs for students with special needs
A college preparatory academic diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful graduation
Located in Grayslake, a northern suburb of Chicago in Lake County, IL, Westlake Christian Academy (WCA) is approximately 40 miles north of Chicago’s downtown, 14 miles west of Lake Michigan, and 15 miles south of the Wisconsin border. Westlake Christian Academy is a non-denominational private school for Pre-Kindergarten through to 12th grade students, within a convenient commute from Zion, Wadsworth, Waukegan, North Chicago, Gurnee, Round Lake, Lake Villa, Mundelein, & Libertyville.
The Academy seeks to provide a well-rounded education which includes scholastics, athletics, the arts, and community service in a nondenominational, evangelical context. In a personal and prayerful manner, WCA intends to educate children in partnership with home and church, striving to be a school "where faith and intellect have the freedom to mature together, at the same time, in the same place."
If you are searching for a school committed to an academically strong Christian education, we invite you to check out our academy. We are confident that you will be pleased by what you find. Westlake Christian Academy is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Preschool program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Junior High School program
- Senior High School program
- Fine Arts program
- Athletics program
* The Kindergarten academic emphasis includes number concepts, reading readiness, socialization and motor development.
* We provide a rigorous curriculum covering Math, Literature and Composition, Science, World Geography, American History, Spanish and Physical Education.
The Russian School of Mathematics (RSM) was created in Boston 15 years ago. Today, RSM has over 6,000 students in more than a dozen branches located in 5 states. This fall, we are very excited to be opening a Russian School of Mathematics in Naperville, IL, just 30 miles west of Chicago.
RSM provides a unique, award-winning after-school mathematics enrichment program, based on the best practices of advanced math schools in Russia and Europe and adapted to the U.S. educational environment. We teach students at all levels - elementary school, middle school, high school and home school. We offer a whole academic year program, with weekly classes and homework.
The RSM program was developed based on classical traditions of systematic math education. Our goal is to help children build a solid foundation for future success in taking the SAT and college mathematics. We provide our students with a thorough understanding of every mathematical concept and help them develop excellent problem solving skills.
Parliament Tutors | Private Tutoring, Test Prep & Admissions
Courses / Programs
Parliament Tutors is dedicated to bringing students the most customized learning experiences from the most highly qualified tutors. We have private tutors based throughout Chicago, Illinois, offering academic tutoring and test preparation for students of all ages and academic backgrounds trying to reach their highest potential grades and target scores. We cater for K-8, high school and college / university students.
While our private tutoring and test prep philosophy stresses the importance of independent study and practice, Parliament's Chicago tutors are equipped with the most effective learning strategies and highest level of knowledge in their fields. In addition to our private tutoring, we offer summer crash courses for various standardized exams.
- K-8 tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- High school tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- College course help
- College Prep Tutoring for PSAT, SAT, ACT, SAT II & AP exams
- Postgraduate Prep Tutoring for GRE, GMAT, MCAT & LSAT exams
- TOEFL test preparation
- Language lessons including Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Japanese and more
The Peoria Hebrew Day School (PHDS) in Peoria, Central Illinois, is a Jewish Day School offering Kindergarten to Grade 8 programs. We serve the Reform, Conservative, and Traditional communities of the greater Peoria area, and are open to everyone in the community regardless of religious affiliation for students.
Educating children in grades K-8 to reach their highest potential academically, spiritually, inter-personally and emotionally is our passion. Our program focuses on the whole child with an emphasis on academic excellence, values, and ethics. Our broad based curriculum is continuously evaluated by the Principal, Board and Staff to incorporate challenging new areas of study and the most modern teaching methods.
Our Curriculum includes:
- Social Studies, Reading, English, Math, Science, Art, Music and Computer Skills, Jewish Studies, Secular Studies, Holiday Activities, Lessons about the synagogue, Tzedakah, Israel, Holocaust and Kristallnacht lessons, Observances and celebration of Israeli Independence Day & more..
L&L Academy and Preschool is located on Clark Street in Chicago in Cook County (Just a block away from Lincoln Park Zoo), and offers daycare and preschool programs for children aged between three and six years. Our goals are to nurture and guide each child’s development physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually that will continue to evolve over a lifetime. This is done in an environment where learning unfolds though stimulating play, exploration and curriculum.
Some parents may prefer the Montessori approach; we believe that, as professional teachers, it is our duty to help children discover their interests through guidance. With fun, but carefully planned curriculum, we can help your child discover the wonders of reading, poetry, science, creative movement and much more.