Private Schools in Illinois: Creative writing classes for kids in Chicago, writing programs for children, young author workshops for teens, after-school drama programs, youth summer camps, performing arts training for kids in New York, New Jersey, California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle...
Child's Play Touring Theatre: Child's Play Touring Theatre, based in Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a private touring theatre company offering workshops, residencies, after school programs and summer camps across the USA. Child's Play Touring Theatre travels all over the country performing stories and poems written by children. Our mission is to share, encourage and validate the creativity of children by performing original works of theatre, music, and dance adapted from literature written by young authors.
Education Workshops / Programs: Child's Play has developed sequential writing and education programs for children and educators throughout the United States. Programs vary in length and are easily integrated into a school's curriculum.
* Sunday “FunDay” Classes: Sunday “FunDay” Classes are available for children 7-12 who don’t have Child’s Play at their school, but want to create and perform their own plays.
* Young Author Workshops: Young Author Workshops are geared to inspire the young writer’s creativity in writing as well as in drama.
* Artists-In-Residence Programs: Artists-In-Residence are in-depth programs, providing expanded curriculum and a final performance, to schools with class sessions scheduled for as little as five days to many days throughout the school year.
* After School Program: After School programs are available for schools and community organizations and customized to tie into your mission and meet your needs.
* Summer Camps: Summer Camps are held each year starting in June, providing a safe and creative environment for children 7-14.
* The Writing Our World Workshop: The Writing Our World Workshop provides a master class that incorporates themes of cultural and global awareness into our educational program.
* Teen Classes: Child’s Play is now expanding their offerings to young adults 13-18, providing teenagers with an in-studio program specifically geared to their interests and needs.
Additionally: We also offer Teacher Workshops designed to help teachers integrate Child's Play’s drama-based writing techniques into their own school curriculum.
Children's Garden Montessori is located in Oak Park, west of Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. It is a Montessori Pre-school & Kindergarten with daycare education programs for children ages 2 through to 6 years, of all races, religions and national origin. Children's Garden Montessori pre-school is a privately owned and operated school, chartered in Oak Park and licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services.
We serve Oak Park, Melrose Park, Galewood, Montclare, Elmwood Park and surrounding communities. Children must be at least 2 yrs old before entry and can stay until they complete the Kindergarten Year. We employ both Montessori & Early Childhood Education trained teachers.
- Preschool & Kindergarten program for children ages 2 through to 6 years.
- We follow the Montessori curriculum with interactive learning programs.
- We offer both an English and a Spanish Language Immersion program.
- Summer Camp programs are also available.
St. Cornelius School in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois is dedicated to providing children an excellent education rooted in the Catholic Christian tradition through our preschool and elementary / middle school programs through Grade 8. By our focus on education driven by faith, students learn and act with integrity and kindness. Our goal is to educate children to become dedicated and productive people in our world. The St. Cornelius learning program is geared to meet the needs of today and the demands of tomorrow.
Cornelius School is an integral part of the St. Cornelius Parish and community at large. In conjunction with the evangelizing mission of the church and parish, St. Cornelius School is called to teach the message of Jesus in a Catholic context. Our unique role is to instill in the children the future responsibility of becoming loving adult disciples of Jesus.
Catholic Educational Programs from Preschool through Grade 8:
- Catholic Preschool program: Classes for 3 and 4 year old children
- Catholic Elementary & Middle School program (Grades K-8)
- We also offer an extended day option until 6:00 pm
- Registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
St. Cornelius is dedicated to providing an education for the student inside and outside of the classroom.
Holy Angels Catholic School is a private elementary school located in Aurora within Kane, DuPage, Kendall, and Will counties, offering pre-school through to eighth grade education programs. We are a community of priests, educators and parents dedicated to providing a combination of religious and academic excellence.
In addition to basic academic subjects, Holy Angels offers other educational opportunities, including computer classes in grades K-8 and accelerated math classes in grades 6-8. The school, with an enrollment of over 600 students, is the largest Catholic school in the Rockford diocese.
The excellence of Holy Angels' academic program is manifested in its high standardized testing scores, numerous scholastic awards and prizes, and the success of its graduates in high school, college, and beyond. Projects from the science fair and history fair advance to the regional level and capture top honors at the state level.
• Note to parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
• Note to language class providers: - Contact us if you offer beginner to advanced level Spanish language courses to children and / or adults.
• Potential ad locations in Chicagoland, including Hyde Park; Lincoln Park; Barrington; Mt Prospect / Arlington Heights; Deerfield / Lake Forest; Naperville; Park Ridge; Geneva / St. Charles; Wilmette / Evanston; Hinsdale / Oakbrook and Glen Ellyn / Wheaton IL.
Further Language Instruction: • French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Italian, Arabic
Montessori Academy Spanish Immersion (MASI), located in the north side of Oak Park, north western Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a private home montessori academy offering 100% Spanish Immersion for children 15 months to 12 years of age.
A variety of programs are available year-round from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, including after school programs in English and Spanish, summer camps and tutoring in English, Calculus, Algebra and Geometry to students of any age.
Lincoln Park Preschool (LPP) is a private, early childhood program / day care center located on W. Belden Avenue, at Belden and Lincoln Park West in Chicago, Cook County, IL. We have another school, Lincoln Park Preparatory School, located at Germania and Clark Street – just south of North Avenue in the city. Our early childhood programs (for children ages 2 - 6 years) primary focus is the growth and well being of the child. We provide this best by having a warm, open, nurturing atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
Our school is a place where children can develop self-confidence and build a commitment to learning. They take part in discovery-based activities that are developmentally appropriate. We provide a healthy balance between teacher-directed and child-directed activities.
Children are encouraged to build upon problem solving skills, as well as their creativity and socialization skills. Our teachers take into account the individuality of each child. Activities that are stimulating to the child’s imagination and creative development can then be provided.
LPP is NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited and state and city licensed.
Early Childhood Programs for children ages 2-6 years:
- Programs for children ages 2-5 years at Belden location.
- Programs for children age 2 years through to Kindergarten at Germania location.
- 2, 3, and 5 day schedules
- Hours 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Theme based learning activities with developmentally appropriate learning in math, science, language arts, dramatic play, music, gross & fine motor, art & sensory
- Foreign language immersion program – Language Stars Spanish instruction