Private Schools in Illinois: Creative writing classes for kids in Chicago, writing programs for children, young author workshops for teens, after-school drama programs, youth summer camps, performing arts training for kids in New York, New Jersey, California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle...
Child's Play Touring Theatre: Child's Play Touring Theatre, based in Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a private touring theatre company offering workshops, residencies, after school programs and summer camps across the USA. Child's Play Touring Theatre travels all over the country performing stories and poems written by children. Our mission is to share, encourage and validate the creativity of children by performing original works of theatre, music, and dance adapted from literature written by young authors.
Education Workshops / Programs: Child's Play has developed sequential writing and education programs for children and educators throughout the United States. Programs vary in length and are easily integrated into a school's curriculum.
* Sunday “FunDay” Classes: Sunday “FunDay” Classes are available for children 7-12 who don’t have Child’s Play at their school, but want to create and perform their own plays.
* Young Author Workshops: Young Author Workshops are geared to inspire the young writer’s creativity in writing as well as in drama.
* Artists-In-Residence Programs: Artists-In-Residence are in-depth programs, providing expanded curriculum and a final performance, to schools with class sessions scheduled for as little as five days to many days throughout the school year.
* After School Program: After School programs are available for schools and community organizations and customized to tie into your mission and meet your needs.
* Summer Camps: Summer Camps are held each year starting in June, providing a safe and creative environment for children 7-14.
* The Writing Our World Workshop: The Writing Our World Workshop provides a master class that incorporates themes of cultural and global awareness into our educational program.
* Teen Classes: Child’s Play is now expanding their offerings to young adults 13-18, providing teenagers with an in-studio program specifically geared to their interests and needs.
Additionally: We also offer Teacher Workshops designed to help teachers integrate Child's Play’s drama-based writing techniques into their own school curriculum.
Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs
Courses / Programs
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
• Note to parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
• Note to language class providers: - Contact us if you offer beginner to advanced level Spanish language courses to children and / or adults.
• Potential ad locations in Chicagoland, including Hyde Park; Lincoln Park; Barrington; Mt Prospect / Arlington Heights; Deerfield / Lake Forest; Naperville; Park Ridge; Geneva / St. Charles; Wilmette / Evanston; Hinsdale / Oakbrook and Glen Ellyn / Wheaton IL.
Further Language Instruction: • French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Italian, Arabic
Joliet Catholic Academy (JCA) is a co-educational Catholic college preparatory high school located in Joliet in Will and Kendall Counties, Illinois, approximately 40 miles south-west of Chicago. We are co-sponsored by the Joliet Franciscan Sisters and the Carmelites of the Most Pure Heart of Mary. Academic excellence is one of the hallmarks of Joliet Catholic Academy; students are well prepared to attend the college of their choice after moving through our education programs.
Our diverse curriculum helps students to achieve their maximum intellectual potential, through three academic programs: College Prep, Upper College Prep and Honors / Accelerated. Each year, we have a 100% graduation rate. With an enrollment over 750 and a student-teacher ratio of 16:1, personal and individualized attention is afforded to students.
JCA has graduated over 21,000 alumni in the US and abroad. Professional excellence is a hallmark on all levels with over 50% of the faculty holding a Master's degree and beyond.
JCA is recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education, accredited by the North Central Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges, and a member of the East Suburban Catholic Conference.
Northside Catholic Academy is the official, Catholic parish school of six Catholic parishes in three Northside Chicago neighborhoods in Cook County, IL: Andersonville, Edgewater and Rogers Park. Northside Catholic Academy has two campuses which are both located in the Edgewater neighborhood, approximately 7 miles north of the Loop. Our Primary School Campus (PreK-5) is located at 6216 N. Glenwood, Chicago, IL 60660, and our Middle School Campus (6-8 and PreK), 5525 N. Magnolia, Chicago, IL 60640.
Northside Catholic Academy is the best option for families on the Northeast Side of Chicago. We are dedicated to educating the whole child - intellectually, spiritually, socially and physically. We have an outstanding retention rate - 97% of our Kindergarten through 8th graders continued on at NCA from last year
Early childhood programs at Northside Catholic Academy boast accreditation by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children). NAEYC administers the largest and most widely recognized accreditation system for all types of early childhood schools and child care centers. It is the nation’s largest organization of early childhood educators.
The South Side School is an affordable independent elementary school with a Waldorf-inspired curriculum near Chicago's Loop in the vibrant urban environment of East Pilsen and we are happy to serve Lower West Side, Pilsen and South Side communities. We draw on an 90-year-old teaching tradition that engages the "whole child" - intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically - in time with the natural developmental stages of childhood. We are focused not simply on the college your child will attend, but rather the person your child will become: curious, compassionate, self-reliant.
We are a new elementary school in Chicago, whose curriculum is inspired by Waldorf education. The uniqueness in a Waldorf education can be found mainly in how and when the students are taught-not in what they are taught. First comes the experience of the subject and from this experience comes the understanding of the concept.
This genuine learning process, from perception, to feeling, to idea, is the basis for later abstract and intellectual learning. We teach our children in the deepest manner possible, allowing lessons to become fully incorporated into the individual.
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
* Our curriculum includes Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Chinese, Language Arts, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Music, Movement, Handwork and Outdoor play.
* In the Waldorf tradition, we intend for our classroom teacher to remain with the class until the children reach 8th grade.
Cosmic Montessori Community is a Montessori school located in Aurora, which is within Kane, DuPage, Kendall, and Will counties, and part of the Chicago metropolitan area (35 miles west of Chicago, Illinois). Cosmic Montessori Community provides educational and childcare programs to children aged 0 - 6 years. Our preschool caters to children between 3 - 6 years of age and we offer programs for infants and toddlers as well as prenatal classes for parents.
Cosmic Montessori Community provides a full range of resources to help families prepare for a new child and for the education of young children. Our campus is an ideal place for exploration, constructive experiences, movement, discovery, communication, and friendship.