Private Schools in Illinois: Creative writing classes for kids in Chicago, writing programs for children, young author workshops for teens, after-school drama programs, youth summer camps, performing arts training for kids in New York, New Jersey, California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle...
Child's Play Touring Theatre: Child's Play Touring Theatre, based in Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a private touring theatre company offering workshops, residencies, after school programs and summer camps across the USA. Child's Play Touring Theatre travels all over the country performing stories and poems written by children. Our mission is to share, encourage and validate the creativity of children by performing original works of theatre, music, and dance adapted from literature written by young authors.
Education Workshops / Programs: Child's Play has developed sequential writing and education programs for children and educators throughout the United States. Programs vary in length and are easily integrated into a school's curriculum.
* Sunday “FunDay” Classes: Sunday “FunDay” Classes are available for children 7-12 who don’t have Child’s Play at their school, but want to create and perform their own plays.
* Young Author Workshops: Young Author Workshops are geared to inspire the young writer’s creativity in writing as well as in drama.
* Artists-In-Residence Programs: Artists-In-Residence are in-depth programs, providing expanded curriculum and a final performance, to schools with class sessions scheduled for as little as five days to many days throughout the school year.
* After School Program: After School programs are available for schools and community organizations and customized to tie into your mission and meet your needs.
* Summer Camps: Summer Camps are held each year starting in June, providing a safe and creative environment for children 7-14.
* The Writing Our World Workshop: The Writing Our World Workshop provides a master class that incorporates themes of cultural and global awareness into our educational program.
* Teen Classes: Child’s Play is now expanding their offerings to young adults 13-18, providing teenagers with an in-studio program specifically geared to their interests and needs.
Additionally: We also offer Teacher Workshops designed to help teachers integrate Child's Play’s drama-based writing techniques into their own school curriculum.
Cosmic Montessori Community is a Montessori school located in Aurora, which is within Kane, DuPage, Kendall, and Will counties, and part of the Chicago metropolitan area (35 miles west of Chicago, Illinois). Cosmic Montessori Community provides educational and childcare programs to children aged 0 - 6 years. Our preschool caters to children between 3 - 6 years of age and we offer programs for infants and toddlers as well as prenatal classes for parents.
Cosmic Montessori Community provides a full range of resources to help families prepare for a new child and for the education of young children. Our campus is an ideal place for exploration, constructive experiences, movement, discovery, communication, and friendship.
Located in the heart of Downtown Chicago, Ballet Chicago is an internationally recognized professional track school of ballet that offers classes and programs throughout the year. Acceptance into the student and professional divisions is by audition only.
Ballet Chicago offers a boot camp, children's theme camps, junior intensives, and professional level summer and advanced intensives.
Ballet Chicago believes every aspiring artist deserves the opportunity to explore his or her full potential, and strives to make classical ballet training accessible to all talented students who have the desire to dance.
Ballet Chicago is dedicated to rigorous technical training in a culture that fosters personal growth and by teaching impeccable technique as well as fundamental life skills, their students go on to find success in dance and life.
The British School of Chicago (BSC), located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a co-educational, college preparatory, accredited day school offering Nursery School to Year 13 (Pre-K to Grade 12) programs. There are over twenty nationalities represented at the school with the majority being British and American.
All BSC teachers are recruited from the United Kingdom or international schools worldwide, and are of the highest calibre. Every teacher is experienced in the National Curriculum (England) and has a variety of academic specialist skills. All teachers at the BSC take part in a continuous programme called In Service Training (INSET).
The British School of Chicago is accredited by Fieldwork Education as a Learning-Focused School; the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA); and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The British School of Chicago is also accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Nursery & Reception (Pre-school & Junior Kindergarten)
- Year 1 & Year 2 (Kindergarten & Year 1)
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Grade 2 to Grade 5)
- Year 7 to Year 9 (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Year 10 - Year 13 (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Our academic program is based on:
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- The UK National Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
Acacia Academy is a private, therapeutic day school in La Grange, a suburb about 13 miles west of Chicago in Cook County, IL. We offer accredited programs for grades 1-12 for students of all performance levels including regular education students, gifted children and those with learning disabilities. Instruction is designed to strengthen skills in reading, math, writing, spelling, language skills, fine motor skills, processing abilities, speech/language, and social skills.
Acacia Academy is accredited by North Central Association Colleges and Schools and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education for Out-of-District placement. The Acacia Tree symbolizes what our school strives to achieve: Educational stability with roots of strength and character that will last a lifetime making Acacia Academy a safe place to grow and learn.
- Accredited programs for grades 1-12 for students of all performance levels
- Psycho-educational Evaluations
- Speech and Language
- Occupational Therapy Evaluations
- Social Assessments
- Reading, Writing, Math and all Content Subjects
- Study Skills, Thinking Skills, Learning Disabilities
- Dyslexia, ADD / ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Regular Ed, Gifted
Delphi Academy of Chicago is an independent, co-educational, non-sectarian day school that offers a preschool through to eighth grade program. The campus is located in Lombard, a suburb just 30 miles west of Chicago. Delphi Academy of Chicago is one of several schools in the Delphi Schools Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods. Children may be enrolled as soon as potty trained. Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
The Delphi program includes a fully rounded curriculum available for all age levels. Even the very youngest students are exposed to basic concepts of science, history and the various humanities. In addition to traditional academic subjects, students get training in practical areas such as communication, manners, computers, nutrition and organization. Ethics, logic and research, often considered advanced topics, are not only offered but are begun early on.
The Einstein Academy is a school for academically talented students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through to High School located in Elgin, a suburb approximately 40 miles north-west of Chicago in Kane County in north-eastern Illinois, close to Naperville and Aurora (One block south of I-90 and Route 31 on Davis Road in Elgin). Our accelerated curriculum is taught one year in advance, but our children our encouraged to learn at the level that most challenges their minds.
Our founder, Cathryn Ilani, realized an unfulfilled demand for a school that was able to provide an exceptional education for advanced students as well as being well-rounded and affordable. Co-operation between parents, students and teachers is the foundation of The Einstein Academy. Our students come from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
Our goal at The Einstein Academy is to uphold a standard of excellence in creating an environment that is creative and engaging to all students, making them enthusiastic and life long learners. In order to achieve an optimal academic environment, testing is required, as well as a teacher referral and a personal interview with our Program Co-ordinator.
- Pre-Kindergarten program
- Kindergarten program
- Education programs for 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade & 8th Grade
- High School program
* In addition to our standard curriculum, Latin is part of our daily routine, as well as our weekly specials of physical education, life skills, drama, art and music. Computer class is also taught once a week.