Private Schools in Illinois: Creative writing classes for kids in Chicago, writing programs for children, young author workshops for teens, after-school drama programs, youth summer camps, performing arts training for kids in New York, New Jersey, California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle...
Child's Play Touring Theatre: Child's Play Touring Theatre, based in Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a private touring theatre company offering workshops, residencies, after school programs and summer camps across the USA. Child's Play Touring Theatre travels all over the country performing stories and poems written by children. Our mission is to share, encourage and validate the creativity of children by performing original works of theatre, music, and dance adapted from literature written by young authors.
Education Workshops / Programs: Child's Play has developed sequential writing and education programs for children and educators throughout the United States. Programs vary in length and are easily integrated into a school's curriculum.
* Sunday “FunDay” Classes: Sunday “FunDay” Classes are available for children 7-12 who don’t have Child’s Play at their school, but want to create and perform their own plays.
* Young Author Workshops: Young Author Workshops are geared to inspire the young writer’s creativity in writing as well as in drama.
* Artists-In-Residence Programs: Artists-In-Residence are in-depth programs, providing expanded curriculum and a final performance, to schools with class sessions scheduled for as little as five days to many days throughout the school year.
* After School Program: After School programs are available for schools and community organizations and customized to tie into your mission and meet your needs.
* Summer Camps: Summer Camps are held each year starting in June, providing a safe and creative environment for children 7-14.
* The Writing Our World Workshop: The Writing Our World Workshop provides a master class that incorporates themes of cultural and global awareness into our educational program.
* Teen Classes: Child’s Play is now expanding their offerings to young adults 13-18, providing teenagers with an in-studio program specifically geared to their interests and needs.
Additionally: We also offer Teacher Workshops designed to help teachers integrate Child's Play’s drama-based writing techniques into their own school curriculum.
The British School of Chicago (BSC), located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a co-educational, college preparatory, accredited day school offering Nursery School to Year 13 (Pre-K to Grade 12) programs. There are over twenty nationalities represented at the school with the majority being British and American.
All BSC teachers are recruited from the United Kingdom or international schools worldwide, and are of the highest calibre. Every teacher is experienced in the National Curriculum (England) and has a variety of academic specialist skills. All teachers at the BSC take part in a continuous programme called In Service Training (INSET).
The British School of Chicago is accredited by Fieldwork Education as a Learning-Focused School; the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA); and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The British School of Chicago is also accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Nursery & Reception (Pre-school & Junior Kindergarten)
- Year 1 & Year 2 (Kindergarten & Year 1)
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Grade 2 to Grade 5)
- Year 7 to Year 9 (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Year 10 - Year 13 (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Our academic program is based on:
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- The UK National Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
Located in Blue Island, a south suburb of Chicago in Cook County, IL, St. Benedict Elementary School is a private, co-educational, Catholic school, serving 178 students in grades PK-8. St. Benedict School fosters a learning climate within our school conducive to academic excellence and spiritual maturity. This helps to develop the children into thinking, problem-solving adults. As a parochial school in the Archdiocese of Chicago, we encourage our students to develop their individual gifts and talents, and we provide the tools to do so though our gifted education curriculum.
This includes a creative hands-on art program and access to a resource room with accelerated reading and math. After school programs such as athletics, band, art club and performing arts are offered to enhance the curriculum. Through the ongoing collaboration of the administrator, educators, parents, clergy and parish, we fulfill our commitment to academic excellence.
Our overall student population consists of 40 Caucasian, 46 Hispanic, 89 African American and 3 others. We cater for families from Blue Island, Calumet Park, Morgan Park, Merrionette Park, Robbins, Dixmoor, Riverdale and surrounding communities.
St. Bernadette Catholic Elementary School, Rockford
Courses / Programs
St. Bernadette Catholic Elementary School (Pre-K-8), located in Rockford in Winnebago County in northern Illinois, is an extension of St. Bernadette Catholic Church. As we share the Church's teaching and history, we hope that our students will be strong spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically. Students have daily religion instruction and attend Mass weekly. Students are encouraged to participate in the Mass through music, serving, ushering and lectoring.
Our mission is to provide each student with a thorough understanding and appreciation of the Catholic Faith and to provide a foundation of academic and personal skills that will be necessary to thrive as a responsible member of the school and parish communities as well as the world at large.
Acacia Academy is a private, therapeutic day school in La Grange, a suburb about 13 miles west of Chicago in Cook County, IL. We offer accredited programs for grades 1-12 for students of all performance levels including regular education students, gifted children and those with learning disabilities. Instruction is designed to strengthen skills in reading, math, writing, spelling, language skills, fine motor skills, processing abilities, speech/language, and social skills.
Acacia Academy is accredited by North Central Association Colleges and Schools and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education for Out-of-District placement. The Acacia Tree symbolizes what our school strives to achieve: Educational stability with roots of strength and character that will last a lifetime making Acacia Academy a safe place to grow and learn.
- Accredited programs for grades 1-12 for students of all performance levels
- Psycho-educational Evaluations
- Speech and Language
- Occupational Therapy Evaluations
- Social Assessments
- Reading, Writing, Math and all Content Subjects
- Study Skills, Thinking Skills, Learning Disabilities
- Dyslexia, ADD / ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Regular Ed, Gifted
Maternity B.V.M. Chicago is a Roman Catholic Parish & Elementary School providing quality Christian Education in Chicago, Illinois, at the intersection of North Avenue & Lawndale in West Humbolt Park. Maternity B.V.M. School creates an atmosphere in which students can develop their potential for growth, independence, and knowledge.
We believe our students are unique individuals who approach learning through various cultural backgrounds, modes of development, and natural abilities. Consistency and flexibility of the curriculum meet the various needs for academic growth.
Our small classes ensure students receive individualized attention from caring teachers and staff in a nurturing and loving enviroment. Our test scores soar above those of neighborhing public schools. We also provide generous scholarships to families who qualify.
Located in the heart of Downtown Chicago, Ballet Chicago is an internationally recognized professional track school of ballet that offers classes and programs throughout the year. Acceptance into the student and professional divisions is by audition only.
Ballet Chicago offers a boot camp, children's theme camps, junior intensives, and professional level summer and advanced intensives.
Ballet Chicago believes every aspiring artist deserves the opportunity to explore his or her full potential, and strives to make classical ballet training accessible to all talented students who have the desire to dance.
Ballet Chicago is dedicated to rigorous technical training in a culture that fosters personal growth and by teaching impeccable technique as well as fundamental life skills, their students go on to find success in dance and life.