Sewing courses in London, UK: Fashion schools in England, fashion design training, sewing & garment construction classes. Fashion workshops for beginners & fashion industry professionals in Tower Hamlets, East London area.
Fashion Antidote: Fashion Antidote is a small independent fashion school and studio based just off Brick Lane in East London. Our emphasis is on teaching fashion related subjects and specialising in courses and workshops on fashion business and how to set up your own company. Our small informal classes take place in the Brick Lane studio, a relaxed and friendly space. All levels of interests are catered for, from beginners to budding fashion students; whether just for fun or to aid a career, Fashion Antidote has a suitable course.
The school is located off Brick Lane in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The nearest London Underground Tube Station is Aldgate East Tube on the Hammersmith & City Line between Liverpool Street and Whitechapel, and the District Line between Tower Hill and Whitechapel. Our location offers a vibrant mix of restaurants, bars, galleries, vintage stores, fabric shops and we are just minutes away from Spitalfield’s market.
• London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
• We offer foundation courses in art & design, day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available.
• Located in Wapping, the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London close to Tower Bridge, LAP welcomes students from throughout the UK, as well as international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable." - Amy - Otis College of Art and Design, MA Degree in Fine Art
Chelsea College of Art & Design is located in Millbank, in Central London, in the City of Westminster. We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree progams in subjects including Interior Design, Textile Design, Graphic Design and Fine Arts among many others. Situated in an inspiring location alongside Tate Britain, you will be studying at the centre of one of the world's great cultural capitals.
At Chelsea you can study from Foundation level right up to PhD and be part of an exhilarating community based in a long history of world class teaching and educational practices.
You will discover, through Chelsea's workshop and library facilities, an environment that supports high levels of experimentation and multi-visual research. Chelsea's unique combination of resources, are designed to prepare you for a world in which artists and designers increasingly work across all media. These resources are connected to each course so as to maximize opportunities for collaboration and exchange across all disciplines and boundaries.
- BA Honours Fine Art
- BA Honours Graphic Design Communication
- BA Honours Textile Design
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Interior Design
- BA Honours Interior and Spatial Design
- Graduate Diploma in Interior Design
- MA Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art
- MA Fine Art
- MA Graphic Design Communication
- MA Interior and Spatial Design
- MA Textile Design
Jo Hamilton is one of Britain's most sought-after independent interior designers, renowned for her flair in the use of colour and space. Her interior design courses - evening, weekend and day courses in central London - are aimed at everyone. Her courses are based on her belief that interior design can be made accessible to anyone - and that by understanding a few key design principles, even the least-confident and experienced can design interiors that work.
Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops in photography and digital media, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media.
We offer subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
Stills is a vibrant platform for creativity. Our integrated programmes illuminate the fascinating medium of photography, exploring everything from its technical and aesthetic developments through to the central role it plays in contemporary culture. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street.
- Weekend Workshops:
* Digital SLR Camera Training
* Lomography: Creative Analogue Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Evening Courses:
* Digital SLR Photography
* Digital Video Editing: Final Cut Express
* Introduction to Black and White Photography
* Layout (Adobe InDesign)
* Maps & Mappings (Adobe Illustrator)
* Photoshop Essential Training Modules
* Website Design (Dreamweaver)
- 1 Day Workshops:
* Fashion Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Summer School in photography & digital media
Photography Course London is a professional photography training college in East Central London. We offer short evening, daytime and Saturday courses ranging from classroom-based Digital SLR camera courses to studio and fully practical on-location classes.
Besides photography courses, we also provide Tailored One to One Tuition, Studio Lighting courses and one day Photographic Workshops. We have small class sizes to guarantee a high level of attention from your tutor.
London Jewellery School (LJS) is the UK's largest independent jewellery training centre based in London's famous jewellery quarter, Hatton Garden, near Holborn in the borough of Camden. With over 100 classes to choose from, more than 30 world-class jewellery tutors and three fully-equipped jewellery studios there is something at LJS for everyone.
Our motto is that 'everyone can make jewellery' which we truly believe and our classes are suitable for all ages and abilities from complete beginners through to professional jewellers. We run classes on weekdays, evenings and weekends to suit all timetables and prices start from just £42.
We also run very popular jewellery parties for both adults and children and work closely with the local councils to deliver jewellery classes in schools and libraries in and around London.