Boarding schools for troubled teenagers in California: Therapeutic boarding school in San Bernardino County for at-risk teens with behavioral problems, emotional difficulties & substance abuse issues. Residential treatment center in Northern California, private middle school & high school education.
River View Christian Academy: The River View Christian Academy (RVCA) is a fully accredited, private Christian residential boarding school located in San Bernardino County, Northern California. Our program for teenage girls ages 13-17 is aimed at helping troubled girls by providing firm but loving intervention, interactive education and life skills training. Our boarding school is open to families regardless of race or religion.
Squaw Valley Academy (SVA) is located in the pristine mountain community known as Olympic Valley, just minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, in California. SVA is a co-ed, college-preparatory international boarding school for children in grades 9-12, with Day programs available from grades 6-12.
Founded in 1978, Squaw Valley Academy is the oldest private school at Lake Tahoe, and the individual needs of each student remain an integral part of campus life at SVA.
Boarding students live on-campus in one of the three, adult-supervised dormitories and most students share their room with up to three other students. International students enhance the community of Squaw Valley Academy.
Squaw Valley Academy meets the California state standards for high school students and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We offer Advanced Placement courses, SAT Prep, ESL and Rolling Enrollment.
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls in grades 6-12:
- Day Programs for Grades 6-12
- Boarding Programs in Grades 9-12
- Rigorous College-Preparatory Curriculum approved by University of California
- High School Program
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Beginner to advanced levels of ESL
- College Preparation Courses SAT, ACT
- Outdoor Education and Adventure Program
- Summer School
Sunset Bay Academy is a co-ed therapeutic boarding school located in San Ysidro, 20 miles south of San Diego, California.
We offer a three-phase therapeutic program dedicated to supporting troubled teens ages 12-17 and their parents in acquiring the needed tools to restore hope and create healthy relationships within their families. Our core focus is working with struggling teenage boys and girls to generate long-term sustainable behavioral change.
Our academic program is designed to maximize student learning by encouraging academic excellence and motivating students to consider college as a viable option. We use a computer based academic program featuring 3-D animation, interactive activities and cutting edge multimedia.
Our curriculum has the flexibility to customize instruction to meet each student’s needs. We offer a range of courses that meet middle and high school requirements and students also participate in our Spanish immersion program. In addition, we offer weekly SAT preparation classes.
Students benefit from group and individual therapy, family workshops and personal growth workshops for parents and students. We also offer an after care program.
Therapeutic programs for troubled teen boys and girls ages 12-17:
- Middle school and high school academic programs
- Weekly SAT preparation classes
- Spanish immersion program
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family workshops
- Personal growth workshops for parents and students
- After care program
- Extracurricular activities
California Leadership Academy is an affordable and caring secure facility for troubled teens (ages 12-17) located near San Diego, CA.
Our school is a residential, therapeutic academy for boys and girls 12-17 who exhibit defiance, rebellion, failing grades, or emotional issues.
We believe that each teen that walks through our door has a bright future in front of them. Our mission is to help them find that root-cause that is destroying their lives and in many cases their families.
In collaboration with parents, teachers, and the community, students will develop skills to become critical thinkers, problem solvers and leaders in order to reach their highest potential.
Situated just 90 minutes north west of Los Angeles, in Santa Barbara County CA, Cate School, is a co-educational college preparatory day & boarding school of offering Grades 9 - 12.
Founded in 1910, the School delivers a demanding academic program resulting in a breadth and depth of scholarly inquiry. In an intimate setting, students and teachers together pursue high ideals.
Fellow students become friends, teammates, and counselors. Our dorms are also home to Cate faculty and their families, and the bonds between students and teachers are built as much there as they are in the classrooms and on the playing fields.
Taught by faculty members who are passionate about their subjects and dedicated to ensuring that each student reaches his or her full potential, the coursework at Cate is both rigorous and engaging.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
The Thacher School is a co-educational boarding high school for grades 9-12 located in Ojai, 85 miles northwest of Los Angeles in Ventura County, CA.
The school serves academically talented students who will benefit from a rigorous college preparatory experience with ACT, SAT and AP courses. The faculty and students live and work closely together in a community in which cooperation, trust, honesty, and respect are the cornerstones of school life.
Together, we commit to the belief that demands in the academic classroom, when combined with those of mountains and horses, of sports and the arts, produce independent minds, strong bodies, and powerful character.
Dormitory life is a rich blend of studying, relaxing, sleeping, and enjoying with friends and prefects. In each dorm, senior prefects help administer rules and serve as role models for other students. Faculty members are also an integral part of dorm life, as most live in apartments attached to the dormitories.
We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Boarding Programs for boys and girls in Grades 9-12:
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Study Abroad Program
- Outdoor Program
- Horseriding Program
- International Students welcome
Rigorous College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Fine Arts
- Modern Languages