Boarding schools for troubled teens in Northern California: Christian boarding school in San Bernardino County for at-risk boys, girls with behavioral problems, emotional difficulties & substance abuse issues..
River View Christian Academy, San Bernardino County: Situated in the mountains of Northern California, River View Christian Academy is is a fully-accredited, private Christian residential boarding school for troubled teens ages 13-17. A program of Teen Rescue, our residential boarding school is aimed at helping troubled teens by providing firm but loving intervention, interactive education and life skills training.
Boarding School Program for troubled teens ages 13-17: - All high school levels for grades 6 through 12.
- Alpha Omega College Preparatory Curriculum
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Squaw Valley Academy (SVA) is located in the pristine mountain community known as Olympic Valley, just minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, in California. SVA is a co-ed, college-preparatory international boarding school for children in grades 9-12, with Day programs available from grades 6-12.
Founded in 1978, Squaw Valley Academy is the oldest private school at Lake Tahoe, and the individual needs of each student remain an integral part of campus life at SVA.
Boarding students live on-campus in one of the three, adult-supervised dormitories and most students share their room with up to three other students. International students enhance the community of Squaw Valley Academy.
Squaw Valley Academy meets the California state standards for high school students and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We offer Advanced Placement courses, SAT Prep, ESL and Rolling Enrollment.
Boarding and Day Programs for boys and girls in grades 6-12:
- Day Programs for Grades 6-12
- Boarding Programs in Grades 9-12
- Rigorous College-Preparatory Curriculum approved by University of California
- High School Program
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Beginner to advanced levels of ESL
- College Preparation Courses SAT, ACT
- Outdoor Education and Adventure Program
- Summer School
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from California, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The Athenian School is a co-educational independent college preparatory school in the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California. The school is located on a beautiful 75-acre campus at the base of Mt. Diablo, in Danville, Contra Costa County.
We offer a day program for Middle School students (grades 6-8) from the East Bay region and day and boarding programs for Upper School students (grades 9-12) from the US and throughout the world.
Athenian offers a challenging engaging curriculum and outstanding distinctive programs. The school prepares students well for college, as well as for a life of purpose and personal fulfillment.
Boarding students from throughout the world live in two dormitories, housing approximately 20 students each. More than 20 faculty members live on campus, providing extraordinary guidance and support for all students. Today more than 40 students from a dozen countries compose Athenian’s boarding program.
Athenian develops and broadens students’ understanding of themselves and the world. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
Co-educational Day & Boarding Programs for students in Grades 6-12:
- Middle School Day Program (Grades 6-8)
- Upper School Day & Boarding Programs (Grades 9-12)
Upper School curriculum includes:
- Foreign Languages
- Physical Education / Athletics
- Studio / Performing Arts
- Special Interest Activities
- Wilderness Experience
- Community Service
Founded in 1924, Southwestern Academy is a private, college preparatory boarding and day school for boys and girls in grades 6 through 12. Our high-quality classes are based on the University of California's a-g entrance standards.
We have students from all around the world who benefit from Southwestern Academy's small classes, active student body and challenging educational program. We offer students the opportunity to study at either of two distinctly different and beautiful campuses.
The San Marino, Southern California, campus is in a historic orange grove area near Pasadena and Los Angeles.
Southwestern Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is approved by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security for attendance by international students.
Oaks Christian School (OCS) is an independent, college preparatory boarding school serving middle & high school-age boys and girls in grades 6-12. It is located in Westlake Village in Los Angeles County, California, adjacent to the 101 Freeway, approximately 40 miles north-west of Los Angeles.
Oaks Christian School, founded in 2000, continues to build a reputation of being one of the most respected private Christian high schools in California, and welcomes nationwide and international students to our high school.
Our mission statement reflects a top-notch academic program with an outstanding and competitive athletic department and a visual / performing arts division rivaling the top schools in the United States.
Oaks Christian Homestay is a unique feature of our boarding program. We believe it creates a much better educational environment and provides more social and emotional support than an impersonal boarding dorm.
Our school is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from California, across the United States, & students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."