PAST Foundation: The PAST Foundation is a non-profit educational and research team that builds partnerships around compelling scientific and educational projects, making them accessible to students and the public through transdisciplinary program-based learning, experiential field schools, documentary film, and interactive websites. We offer Summer School Programs with Field Study covering topics such as Cultural Landscapes; Cave Ecology; Urban Gardening & Distribution; Shipwrecks and Maritime Archaeology; Marine Ecosystems; Forensic Anthropology. We are located in Columbus, Ohio.
Located in Stamford CT (just one hour north of NYC), The Mayapple Center provides 5-day summer programs in the fields of creative writing, music, visual arts, humanities, and theatre. Taught by experienced faculty who are leading specialists in their respective fields, our summer arts programs are open to adults with two years of college experience.
In addition, we offer cultural literacy weekend programs for youth, 30-day artist residencies, humanities forums, humanitarian retreats, and study abroad programs.
Mayapple creates space to cultivate imagination through artistic and intellectual cross-pollination in a distinctly 21st century climate. We create an atmosphere where artists and scholars of exceptional stature come to teach and collaborate with small groups of dedicated, like-minded participants. Our diverse programs are offered in a retreat environment where the distractions of quotidian life are suspended, freeing participants and faculty to pursue artistic and intellectual passions.
The Center is located on a 10 acre campus whose serene lake and peaceful landscape of trees and gardens serve to inspire its residents. Activities such as swimming, tennis, canoeing, yoga and meditation promote a strong sense of community among residents, with an emphasis on mindfulness.
The center’s holistic approach is demonstrated by our dedication to sustainability. Meals are partially prepared from organic produce from Mayapple gardens, and we serve locally-sourced food at every meal.
• Immerse yourself this spring or summer in the exciting world of candle making, encaustic art, and wax painting with an intensive course in Jamaica (new location information to follow. Contact us for details of accommodation).
• The Candle Academy offers summer and year-round courses taught by Gary Simmons - one of the world's top candle designers and encaustic art specialists.
• The Candle Academy is a leading candle making school for U.S. & global students. Its qualifications in the candle business offer you the creative, technical and commercial skills you need to profit from this profession.
• In addition to our on-site programs, students may also study via distance learning, with candle making courses taught Live via Skype and email correspondence.
"Lessons are step by step and easy to learn. Fantastic inspiration to get motivated in the art of candle making."
- Alexandra, France
"Even being an existing candlemaker for many years, I was very inspired."
- Mel, Australia
• Learn English in New York this summer with New York Language Center (NYLC) - a leading English language school. We have two conveniently-located campuses in Manhattan - on the Upper West Side and in Midtown Manhattan.
• NYLC provides a range of full-time and part-time English language courses in summer and year-round. We teach students from around the world with all levels of English - beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
• In our dynamic and fun environment, you will benefit from superior language education as well as a rich cultural experience in one of the most famous cities in the world.
• Year-round and summer English courses are also available in our English schools in The Bronx, and in Jackson Heights in Queens.
• We also offer TOEFL exam preparation courses and Business English classes that are designed to fit your individual needs. You may study with us for as little as one week.
• Our prices are very affordable and all of our teachers are dedicated ESL teaching professionals.
• NYLC is authorized by the U.S. Department of Immigration to enroll non-immigrant foreign students. F1 visa / I-20 students are accepted at NYLC in any Intensive Language Program of English.
Student Testimonial: "I spent only 3 weeks in NYC and i really fell in love with the city. My experience at NYLC was special too: a lot of people from all over the world, professional teachers, friendly advice, funny and interesting class experiences.All of you guys will stay in my heart!"
- Maria, Italy
Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Casimiro Global Foundation (CGF) is a non-profit organization that empowers and equips young people to become entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders who create positive change in their communities and the world. We provide a range of entrepreneurial & leadership summer programs for teens and young adults from around the globe.
Courses include a 1-week intensive entrepreneur program, a young womens leadership course, and an internship course that provides short term, unpaid internships in socially responsible organizations and homestays in the USA. Each of these programs offers a mix of inter-cultural exchange, English language practice for those who need it, challenging and fun personal and career development learning experiences, and tourism and recreational activities.
CGF is comprised of community leaders, educators, entrepreneurs, corporate executives, students and young professionals who serve as the Foundation's Board of Directors, staff, interns and volunteers.
Penobscot Language School - Adult Summer English Immersion Program, Maine
Courses / Programs
Penobscot Language School in Rockland, Maine, is a unique non-profit center for language learning and international exchange offering summer English courses for adults. Each July and August we invite English language students from around the world to spend three weeks speaking English and exploring life in our small friendly community here on the beautiful Maine coast.
If you appreciate the value of a true English immersion, we would love to have you join us. The key to our success is the pleasure and excitement of meeting and learning from each other. This motivates an intense conversation in which you learn English through listening and active participation.
The goal of the Summer English Program for adults is maximum English acquisition. Three hours of class each weekday, 24/7 conversational immersion, speakers, individual tutorials, outdoor activities, meals and homestay are all pieces of this full immersion. Our courses are designed for international adults who have basic English skills and a serious interest in building confidence and fluency.
Since 1999, over 170,000 students have chosen iD Tech Camps to unlock their limitless tech potential. internalDrive, Inc. provides its hugely-popular summer iD Tech Camps for kids and teens, as well as the iD Programming Academy, iD Gaming Academy, and iD Film Academy in over 80 prestigious universities in the U.S., including UCLA in Los Angeles, California State University, San Francisco State University, Stanford University, and UC San Diego.
With week-long day camps and overnight camps available for students ages 7-17, as well as teen summer camps for ages 13-18, students may register for children's summer camps for one or several weeks (further camps).
Make your own game at the game design camps. Learn programming in C++ or Java at the programming camps & robotics camps. Get creative at the web design camps & digital arts camps. Film and edit at the movie camps. Get inspired by energetic, tech-savvy instructors, and build critical 21st century STEM (Science, Technology, Math & Engineering) skills.
iD Tech Camps guarantees small class sizes (student-instructor ratio of 8:1) and uses professional, brand-name products at each camp. Students are provided with a computer for the duration, and are instructed by a qualified & experienced adult-only staff.
“This was an excellent introduction to programming. The Camp is well run, organized, and my son liked the instructor and other students. He definitely wants to return for another session.” - Greg, Parent, Cal Lutheran University