Schools for gifted children in Fort Worth, TX: Private school for talented kids & teens, accelerated elementary, middle & high school, college preparation programs for gifted students in Fort Worth/Dallas area, Tarrant County.
The Anderson Private School for the Gifted, Talented and Creative: Located in Fort Worth, Tarrant County in north-central Texas, The Anderson Private School for the Gifted, Talented and Creative was founded to serve the unique needs of intellectually, academically and creatively precocious children. The school is non-graded and accepts children ages four to sixteen. Lesson planning is individualized for each child with much of the instruction offered on a one-on-one basis.
Individualized study programs for highly gifted children ages 4 - 16: Core scholastic subjects are accelerated and compacted to reduce redundancy, anxiety and boredom. Frequent pre testing and post testing qualifies individual children for rapid acceleration though the curriculums. We provide small class sizes with individual tutoring and mentoring. The primary focus is upon motivation. Students work on a continuum of achievement levels with no discrete grade levels by age. Mastery of instructional objectives is attained at ninety (90%) percent and is recorded in individual continuous progress profiles. Traditional grades and report cards are not issued.
Since our curriculum is non-traditional, students are in different levels in different subjects. It is not uncommon to have elementary age children studying high school subjects at our school. A syllabus is prepared for each student.
Features of our study programs: - Emphasis on higher order, analytical, abstract, creative, divergent, productive thinking - Critical and evaluative thinking activities with discussion and analysis of current events - Introduction of new information typically limited to one or two learning cycles (for the purpose of acceleration) - Study skills and test taking strategies emphasized with preparation for the SAT beginning at age six - Hands on Equations Program (concrete Algebra utilizing manipulative) for all students beginning at age six - Substantive enrichment components integrated, in part, to limit the study of core academics to no more than fifty percent of time in school - Focus on Fine Arts: Art & Theater Arts - Greek Drama, Mythology, Shakespeare and other notable playwrights - Artist-in-Residence program - Training provided in etiquette, dress and grooming - Intellectually stimulating games and activities - Calligraphy - Newspaper in Education program - Foreign Language required - Study of Greek and Latin Roots - History taught as literature - Adventure Trips (overnight and approximately one week in length) - Comprehensive community resource utilization with weekly study/fun (field) trips - Petting Zoo and Aviary with animal friends for each child (we want each student to have at least one animal friend at school) - Personal instruction/tutoring in the use of the computer and in building computers - One hour of required reading at home in lieu of traditional homework - Guidance and counseling provided on any topic of concern, for students and parents or guardians
Before-school & After-school Care: School begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m. The building is open at 8:00 a.m. for parents that need to drop off their children early. After school care is available until 5:00 p.m.
For further information on our programs for gifted kids, please email us via our Contact Page.
Founded in 1968, Alexander-Smith Academy (ASA) is a private, college-preparatory high school in Houston in Harris County, Texas. In addition to college-preparatory courses, ASA offers curriculums in Advanced Placement courses, as well as Honors courses. We are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Texas Education Agency.
At ASA, we believe our primary goal is to nurture young minds, providing the tools and tests necessary to help students develop intellectual maturity. We are dedicated to individual educational instruction and classes at all levels are taught in a structured, individualized environment. Classes are small enough (5-7 students per class) for students to get the personal attention they need.
Kids 'R' Kids Las Colinas is a child care center located in Irving, Dallas County in Texas. We are very proud to provide the most innovative child care facilities and effective educational programs for children 6 weeks through 12 years of age. We offer preschool and pre-kindergarten programs as well as before-school and after-school programs for elementary school children and summer camps. Our high quality teachers, creative and fun educational programs and, of course, our state of the art facility make us a leader in the industry.
We are conveniently located near Beltline Rd. and 635 in Irving. Many of our families come from the Las Colinas, Valley Ranch, Coppell and surrounding North Dallas areas.
Trinity Valley School, located in Fort Worth, Texas, is a K-12, independent, college preparatory school offering programs for children. Trinity Valley School has four main objectives for its students: fine scholarship with its fulfillment at college; the development of wide, constructive interests; intelligent citizenship; and spiritual and moral development which promotes lasting values. Trinity Valley School seeks students of above average to superior ability who will contribute to the diversity of the student body and enrich the environment of the school community. New students are accepted from kindergarten through 12th grade.
• Conveniently situated in the Rice Village area of south-central Houston TX, close to Downtown, Crossing Borders provides quality bilingual preschool programs for toddlers up to kindergarten age children (18 months - 5 years).
• Spanish & English classes are available for kids ages 1-5, while French and Chinese classes are available for potty-trained children ages 3-5.
• We offer full immersion preschool programs for non-native speakers as well as native speakers. Children as young as 18-months-old are immersed in our language programs where they learn in a nurturing environment.
• Our curriculum is designed to immerse children in a different language in an organic way using games, songs, activities, to help them participate, understand, and speak the new language.
• Our academic curriculum is advanced, and challenges our students to learn subjects (Math, Science, Art, etc.) in a second language, becoming bilingual.
• All of our teachers are native speakers who are devoted into developing their students to become independent so they are prepared for their future. Our curriculum is flexible, offering parents full-time and part-time school times (2 ,3 & 5 days) as well as before and after care.
Parent Review: "Simply said, we love Crossing Borders. Started with 2 days a week, for my almost 2 year old son, and immediately noticed tremendous growth in both Spanish language comprehension and other skills. Ms Joselyn is a wonderful teacher. We are changing to 5 days a week. - Stephanie
Bilingual Preschool Programs for toddlers to kindergarten kids ages 18 months - 5 years:
• Spanish Immersion Preschool (ages 1-5)
• Spanish Kindergarten Program for 5 year olds
• Mandarin Chinese Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• French Immersion Preschool (ages 3-5)
• English Immersion (18-months to 5 years)
• English for Toddlers
• English Preschool (for kids ages 2-3)
• After-School Child Care / Enrichment Program
• Spanish Summer Camps
• English Summer Camps
Parents can choose to send their child for 2, 3, or 5 days a week.
• Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) provides high-quality, NCAA-approved homeschool programs for K-12 students in Texas, throughout the United States, and internationally.
• Accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC), we have offered online homeschool, independent study and distance learning programs since 1997.
• At ALA, we are committed to providing a positive learning environment for every student. We recognize that each child is an individual, and provide customized instruction for students of all levels.
• The primary benefit of homeschooling is the one-to-one student-teacher ratio. Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• We use Odysseyware Curriculum, which includes core and elective courses, and allows for comprehensive, customized programs for each student. In addition, we offer a diverse range of electives, administrative tools, and assessment applications to facilitate learning and teaching in an online environment.
• Our program also provides clubs and special events which are held live online so that your child or teenager can interact with other students in real time.
• On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma and an official transcript stating they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
Located in Carrollton (with a second school in Dallas) in Denton, Dallas and Collin Counties in Texas, Coram Deo Academy offers academic programs from prekindergarten through to 12th grade. Coram Deo Academy teaches a Christian worldview through a vigorous, classical curriculum. The liberal arts curriculum is based on the classical Trivium model of grammar, logic and rhetoric; and the Quadrivium including mathematics, sciences, music and arts as well as theology and apologetics. Latin is introduced to students in the third grade.
An education at CDA is a vigorous adventure where students learn about the world and begin to think for themselves. They do not just master facts; they gain tools for thinking and speaking with logic and rhetoric. They absorb Christian principles and ethics, intertwined with lessons in history.
Deo Academy admits students of any race, color, and national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at our school and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national or ethnic origin. We are accredited through Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Education programs from pre-kindergarten through to 12th grade:
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
- High School program
- Liberal arts curriculum based on the classical Trivium model of grammar, logic and rhetoric; and the Quadrivium including mathematics, sciences, music and arts as well as theology and apologetics
- College Preparatory courses SAT and ACT
- Advanced Placement courses
- After School Enrichment program