Cambridge International School:
Cambridge International School is a very happy, hardworking, private school in Cambridge, a university town in the county of Cambridgeshire, in East Anglia in south east England, about 80 km (50 miles) north of London. We provide an inspiring, exciting education for children aged 3-16, made up of pupils from all over the world. Located in the Cherry Hinton suburb of Cambridge, we are proud to serve families from from Cherry Hinton, Shelford, Grantchester and other communities throughout the Cambridge region. We offer a broad and enriching curriculum, striving to achieve the highest educational standards in a caring and supportive environment. Opened in 2006, the Cambridge International School now has classes for each year group from Nursery to IGCSE.
A particular feature of the school is our commitment to providing an unpressurised learning environment based around a child’s readiness to learn. Our aim is to prepare pupils for their future as responsible, confident, kind, hardworking and compassionate people.
The key concept for this School is based around readiness to learn; children who show an interest in learning to read will be encouraged to do so, others, who are not ready, will learn in different ways.
1. To enable all children to flourish in a stimulating, caring international environment.
2. To provide an exciting educational setting based on mutual respect and care for others.
3. To provide internationally mobile families with an excellent stable educational philosophy.
* Providing a high quality international educational programme
* Providing a safe, supportive educational environment where children feel secure and welcome
* Challenging students to realise their potential
* Appreciating and celebrating cultural diversity
* Encouraging independent thinkers who are open to new ideas
* Promoting open and effective communication with all members of the school community
* Promoting active involvement in the school, local and global communities
* Early exposure and effective teaching of other languages (beginning in our nursery)
* Striving for continuous improvement
* Maintaining international diversity in the student body and staff.
* pupils and staff showing responsible behaviour and consideration towards each other
* working hard and with enthusiasm to achieve the highest standards
* listening carefully and speaking articulately
* commitment to helping each other
* understanding the cultures and beliefs of all our students
* valuing and debating one’s own opinions and the opinions of others in a tolerant, understanding way
* an underlying commitment to strong partnership between home and school, providing opportunities for parental involvement in support of the school and their own child’s education
The education we provide at the Cambridge International School is a dynamic alternative to national systems of education. Our intention is to provide a school where all children, regardless of family background, country of origin, intellectual levels and social class are helped to flourish in a stimulating international environment. While we anticipate a stable section of British pupils who will attend the school for many years, it is also our intention to provide internationally mobile families with an excellent stable educational philosophy. Such children may only be with us for only one year and our adoption of international curricula ensures that what we teach the children is relevant to them.
We encourage a balance between the very best of different academic approaches blended with our unique understanding of what we believe can work for children with a range of experiences, abilities and cultures.
Infants Program; Nursery Program; Primary School; Junior School; Senior School. Subjects include English, maths, science, history, geography, French, Spanish, art, Business Enterprise, filming and sport.
After School Clubs play an importnat role at the Cambridge International School. These include:
Would there be a group of interested children wishing to participate in a Lego Club after school or at lunchtime? There are some amazing constructions that the children could work on (such as the Taj Mahal!) if we had enough children keen to participate and able to contribute towards equipping the club.
Cambridge Sword are running a Fencing Club on Wednesdays at Netherhall School (just over the road from us) and this is open to pupils of other schools.
We have some very accomplished students taking judo at the Leys School. This club is available to all children and is held on a Friday night, 4.45-6pm.
Individual music lessons are available. We have space for new instrumentalists and pianists. We offer lessons in violin, guitar, singing, trumpet, flute, piano, cello and drums.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2022 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.