Admissions to music schools in Europe: Music production colleges for Americans, international students. Recording arts schools, audio engineering degree & certification programs, classical music camps in Europe. Summer study abroad / semester programs for American students at top music schools.
1.Language and Music for Life, South of France 2019
Courses / Programs
• Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life (LMFL) offers International Summer Music and Languages Courses in Europe for music students and professionals.
• We welcome you to join us in the south-east of France in summer 2019 for an exciting and prestigious Music Course with optional language classes for adults and older teenagers (ages 17+ years old) and families with teenagers aged 15 & 16.
• Our classical music & jazz program and voice tuition is aimed at students and professionals who are highly motivated musicians at advanced levels. All students must be advanced level in at least one discipline, other choices can be at lower level.
• Younger students (of ages 15 and above) at the advanced level of Performer in at least one musical instrument may also attend the program but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also attending the course.
• Our quality summer music workshop takes place in Centre International de Valbonne, a high school in Sophia Antipolis in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region (close to the French Riviera, Antibes, Cannes, Nice, Monaco and the west Italian border). The closest international airport is Nice, which offers flights to and from a wide range of European destinations.
Student Review: "As an already professional viola player I cannot express how much I benefited from the course. High level of teaching combined with an exquisite daily life."
• Please note that our 2019 music camps will be held in the South of France (for adults and older teens) and the UK (for adults, teens, young children). Our Florence course may return in summer 2020.
• Are you a talented or highly-motivated musician or parent searching for a quality classical music or jazz summer course in Europe in 2018?
• If so, Language and Music for Life (LMFL) welcomes you to join us in the historic city of Florence, Italy for our Musical Summer Course with optional language study programs.
• Designed for adults & teenagers (17+) at advanced level or professional musicians, this intensive music course includes master classes & workshops in a wide range of instruments and voice training, as well as choir, orchestra conducting, composition and more.
• Younger students at the advanced level of Performer in at least one instrument may also attend the program, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Our high quality tuition is provided by internationally renowned professors, mostly at master class level. One-to-one lessons are also available.
Ideally located in Temple Bar in Dublin city centre, The Sound Training College (STC) offers a wide range of full and part-time Music Technology Diploma & Certificate training courses.
We provide day, evening and weekend courses covering all aspects of Music Production, Sound Engineering, Recording, Live Sound, and other fields of study.
Since 1986, our courses and examinations in Music Production and Sound Engineering have effectively set standards for training within the music industry in Ireland.
We are renowned for our professional and in-depth approach to training alongside the comprehensive opportunities available to students wishing to develop professional careers in the music industry. STC places a strong emphasis on the ‘hands on’ element on all of our full & part-time courses.
The Sound Training College houses SSL and Neve technologies, and is also furnished with an outstanding collection of industry standard equipment - the best facilities in Ireland.
The courses are delivered by a team of experienced industry professionals, all of whom are acknowledged experts in the music business. STC alumni are well regarded within the music industry for their acumen, professionalism and experience.
Full & Part-Time Certificate & Diploma Courses: - Sound Engineering and Music Technology (Full & part-time)
- Live Sound, Lighting and Stage Production (Full & part-time)
- Advanced Sound and Music Technology (Full-time)
- Certified Beginner and Intermediate Course (Full-time)
- Practical Electronics for Musicians (Full-time)
- Electronic Production (Part-time)
- DJ and Production (Part-time)
Music Camps & Workshops: - Introduction to Recording Weekend
- Sound Engineering Summer Camp
If you are passionate about building and developing your skills in sound engineering, electronic music creation, studio recording, mixing and remixing, mastering, listening skills, creative music technology, DJ skills, synthesis, sampling, creative process, collaboration and much much more, then you should definitely carry on reading.
Attending dBs Music Berlin is a very different experience to that of a standard college or school. Our state of the art facilities and industry experienced tutors support a learning community dedicated to the study of music production and sound recording. We pride ourselves on our supportive, friendly, inspiring, creative and fun learning environment.
Quantize Music Production is a London based course that focuses on bespoke, one to one training, centered around Ableton Live. The courses are designed to identify and focus on the unique goals of each individual, concentrating on specific areas that will improve both creativity and musical output. Additional there is a focus on Workflow, Motivation and Inspiration with the aim of increasing students productivity and most importantly enjoyment of the music making process.
The two day course targets key areas of music production and is primarily created for students with little or no experience who want to learn all aspects of production from the initial conception of an idea right through to he mixing and mastering phase. Students are welcome to bring their own tracks to work on, create a new track from the ground up or disect any of the tutors released material for ideas, tips and techniques. The tutor, Keith Mills has 13 years experience working within the electronic dance music industry and is currently enjoying success with his productions as one half of MIDI:09.
Courses / Programs:
Outline for 2 day beginner course:
- Introduction to Ableton Live
- Analysing a genre
- Creating interesting drum loops and grooves
- Methods for creating a bassline
- Creating pads and lead lines
- Recording sounds into a computer
- MIDI vs Audio
- Synthesis techniques
- Sampling techniques
- Building an arrangement
- Applying Effects
- Compression Techniques
- Mixing & Mastering
- Examining and improving workflow
- Finding Inspiration
Scuola Leonardo Da Vinci was founded in Florence in 1977 as an institute of Italian language and culture. Today, we provide a range of Italian language and music courses at our schools in Florence, Rome, and Milan.
In addition to specialised music programs, we also provide General Instrument courses for Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute, Piccolo, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Trumpet, Trombone, Saxophone, Horn, Guitar, and Drums.
Tuition is from beginner to advanced levels, with flexible course schedules available. Our music courses are taught by experienced, professional tutors.
Still today the school promotes, along with the language, the study of Italian culture. Scuola Leonardo da Vinci has been enriched by new courses to meet the demands of the contemporary market.
8.Point Blank Music Production and Sound Engineering School, UK
Courses / Programs
Point Blank is an award winning music production school located in Islington in the inner city area of London. We offer in-house and online music technology training, including a 2 year diploma course in music production and sound engineering. We also offer specialist certificate courses in Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase and a short intensive course in Reason for beginners among many other courses.
Courses include round the clock support and unlimited access to the studio facilities for all of our students. All of our music courses are taught by music industry professionals with a wealth of experience. A music course at Point Blank in London ensures that you receive professional, practical training and earn a recognised qualification. You will be in the perfect location to start networking and making useful music industry contacts.
The Secret School of Sound is a sound training centre offering a range of short courses and weekend workshops in Ableton Live, Logic Pro, DJing and music production. Based in the heart of Dublin city, our courses are taught by respected industry professionals. What’s more, our classes are extremely competitively priced, with regular special offers and a 10% unemployed & student discount to make our classes accessible to all.
Our software courses take place in The Suite, a fully equipped audio production and education suite housed in The Twisted Pepper. Our DJ courses are held in The Basement venue of The Twisted Pepper in Dublin city centre, where students can learn to DJ and practice on one of Ireland’s best club sound systems. The location is 30 seconds walk from the Abbey Street LUAS stop, one minute from all major bus routes serving O’ Connell Street, and 5 minutes walk from Connolly Station.
Founded in 1997, Language and Music for Life (LMFL) offers unique 2-week or 3-week summer music and language courses in Llandovery in south-west Wales, UK.
LMFL provides quality one-to-one training in a wide range of instruments & voice tuition to highly-motivated musicians of all ages (children aged 5+, teenagers & adults). In addition, we offer English and foreign language classes in private lessons or small groups.
Designed primarily for highly motivated musicians with a level of musical knowledge enabling them to derive maximum benefit from high quality tuition, the course is open to musicians preparing for national, international exams or competitions, skilled amateurs and "tourist musicians".
The main course is 2 weeks long or 3 weeks with the optional intensive pre-course.
Our Summer Courses 2019 will be hosted by Llandovery College, a day and boarding school in Carmarthenshire, approximately 5 hours by train from London and 1.5 hours from Swansea.
Llandovery College is easily accessible by excellent road & rail links. Cardiff International Airport is just 45 miles away.
During the course, students can take world-recognized Trinity College London exams.
Trinity College London provides exams & qualifications in over 60 countries globally, and LMFL provides our students with the opportunity to take Trinity College London music qualifications.
We will also run a music summer camp in the south of France for adults & teenagers (17+) at advanced level or professional musicians.