Purley English Language College, London:
Established in 1928 and situated in the South London town of Purley, in Surrey, South East England (less than 25 minutes from central London), Purley English Language College is one of the oldest specialist schools of its kind in the United Kingdom. We offer a wide range of English language courses for all ages and to all nationalities. Classes are always small to ensure each student receives personal attention. Purley English Language College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK. If you are thinking of going to university in the UK and many other English speaking countries you are likely to need a particular IELTS score. IELTS is also useful for entry into many professions and professional training courses. We have morning and afternoon classes. Exam sittings are monthly. We can prepare you for many other English exams, for example: FCE, CAE, CPE, KET, PET, BEC, TOEIC and TOEFL. We have a 100% pass rate for entry exams to Independent schools!
The College prides itself on excellence. All teachers are experienced and highly qualified. The College is possibly one of London's best-kept secrets. For the past eighty years, small groups of students and individuals have been returning to us from all over the world.
Key facts about the College:
* Dedicated set of qualified tutors
* Small classes (maximum 15, average 8)
* Medium-size College for more personal service
* Between 40 and 55 students on average (more in summer)
* All our English teachers are native speakers
* The Principal and Director of Studies both hold masters degrees in English from the University of Oxford and have teaching qualifications
* Purley Language College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK
* We pride ourselves on the fact that so many of our students come back to the college or recommend us to friends or family
Full Immersion English; English with Homestay; Business English; General English; Intensive English; Examination Course Preparation including IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE, KET, PET, BEC, TOEIC and TOEFL; Specialist English; Specialised Courses; English for Banking, Law, Hotel & Catering, Tourism; Group Lessons; Private English Tuition; English for Au Pairs; Summer Courses.
All our English teachers speak English to native level and are qualified teachers of English as a Foreign Language. Our Director of Studies holds the Diploma in English Language Teaching and the Principal has a masters degree in English from the University of Oxford. Purley English Language College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK.
Students requiring accommodation are placed in carefully selected local Homestay providers - usually a family - where they are expected to live as one of the family or household. This enables the students to gain a wider understanding of English culture and customs, and gives them the chance to practise and to improve their English.
Further details on Homestay accommodation:
* Each student will have his/her own bedroom unless specifically requested otherwise
* Unless specifically requested, students of the same nationality will not be placed in the same house
* Bed, breakfast and evening meal are included in the accommodation fee.
* The Homestay provider will provide lunch on Saturday and Sunday if the student is at home
* Lunch during the week can be bought at the many cafes and restaurants in Purley. There is also a large supermarket opposite the College. If the student wishes, lunch can be consumed in the Coffee Room at the College
* Courses for students under 16 include a packed lunch from the Homestay provider as well
* All Homestay accommodation is close to the College either within walking distance or a short bus ride away
To help students enjoy their experience in the UK even more, the College runs an exciting social activities programme. This includes a variety of social activities, games and excursions. Typical activities include:
* Cinema visits & DVDs at the College
* Tourist visits to London
* Boat trips
* Picnics and barbeques
* Pub nights
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Purley, 34 Brighton Road, London, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.