French language immersion programs in Washington DC area: French classes for kids in Arlington & Alexandria VA, French lessons for little toddlers, preschoolers & elementary school children - afternoon, weekend, Saturday classes in Reston, Fairfax County VA, Bethesda & Gaithersburg MD.
Language Classes Ad Opportunity here: Note to parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed. Note to language class providers in the Washington DC Metro area: We can facilitate Metro DC schools in Alexandria, McLean / North Arlington, and Fairfax VA and Gaithersburg and Bethesda MD.
Your child will benefit greatly from learning to speak French at an early age.
With 120 million speakers worldwide, French is one of the six official languages of the United Nations, one of the three official languages of the European Commission, and is spoken on every continent. It's difficult to imagine a language more tied to culture and cultivation than French.
French Immersion Programs:
• Parents and Tots programs for kids ages 1-3
• French for kids ages 3-5 (Kids Only)
• French for kids ages 5-8 (Kids Only)
• French for kids ages 8-10 (Kids Only)
• French for kids ages 10-12 (Kids Only)
• Private / One-on-one French classes
• French immersion summer camps
Further Language Instruction:
- Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Italian, Arabic and German
• Note to parents & guardians: Unfortunately, the language program provider that previously was listed here has closed their language training business. This listing is now void, and program inquiries cannot be processed.
• Language class providers in the Washington DC metro area - Contact us if you offer Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic and German language instruction for kids and / or adults.
• Contact us for Metro DC schools ad opportunities (Alexandria, McLean / North Arlington, and Fairfax, Virginia and Gaithersburg and Bethesda, Maryland).
Further Language ad opportunities: • French, Spanish, German, Italian, Arabic
• Located in the Dupont Circle area of central Washington DC, International Language Institute provides an accredited 8 week TESOL English teacher training Certificate course to English speaking students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour course is taught by experienced native speakers, and features 48 classroom hours alongside 72 hours of self-study, observation, and practice teaching.
• With a practical focus, our comprehensive teacher training class prepares and equips students to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the sub skills of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.
Let your child become immersed in the Spanish language! Creative Acts Learning Center, in Washington DC, provides 6-week Spanish language immersion courses for parents and children (ages 3-5) and older kids (ages 6-9).
Children engage in immersive activities; learning topics such as colors, clothing, food, body parts, traditions, and Spanish greetings and customs specific to a selected Spanish-speaking country.
The Italian Cultural Society of Washington, DC, Inc.
Courses / Programs
Located in Bethesda MD, The Italian Cultural Society of Washington aims to enhance the appreciation and knowledge of the Italian language and culture in the Washington, DC area. We provide an Italian Language Program (ILP) which includes a variety of Italian classes for children, teenagers and adults. Our Italian instruction is uniquely structured so that each course is designed around the specific needs and interests of the participants in each class. All of our teachers are native Italian speakers and are experienced in teaching Italian as a second language.
Whether your child or teenager is a complete beginner or already has some experience with the Italian language, we have a class to suit them! We provide Italian classes specifically for middle school and high school students.
- Beginning Italian for Kids (ages 6-10)
- Italian for ages 4-6 (non-beginners)
- Italian for ages 7-10 (non-beginners)
- Italian for Middle School Students (ages 11-13)
- Italian for High School Students
We also provide a wide variety of Italian language courses for adults.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
• Conveniently situated in the heart of Spring / The Woodlands area, Crossing Borders is a leading provider of quality French language instruction in summer for kids and teenagers ages 8-14.
• We offer a French summer immersion program for where your child can enjoy age-appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and conversation activities.
• Students learn to communicate through dialogue, phrases, expressions, drills, etc. Children taking part in our language immersion programs enjoy the best of both worlds: bilingualism and high-quality education.
• They participate in traditional preschool activities with a teacher who delivers the majority of instruction in the target language with minimal English support.
Parent Review: "Our son attended Crossing Borders Immersion preschool for 2 years, and we were so pleased that we have begged them to open another location where we now live! Each of our son's teachers were sweet and caring and I would highly recommend Crossing Borders." - Janet