Art therapy intensive courses in Europe: Summer art therapy course in Spain 2019. International art therapy school in Barcelona offering 2 week intensive workshops in English language for international students, American college students, adults.
Metàfora, Barcelona: Metàfora is an international art school for adult students, situated in an old factory building in the centre of Barcelona, on the northeast Mediterranean coast in Spain. We provide a 2-week Summer Art Therapy course (taught entirely in English) to students from around the world. For more than 10 years, Metàfora has successfully run 2-week summer courses and year-long courses in Studio Arts (the International Workshop), as well as several programs in Art Therapy.
Summer Intensive Art Therapy Course - 2-week course taught in English
This course is designed as a series of lectures and workshops, with four different activities:
- Seminars - Workshops - Experiential Art Therapy Groups - Large Group Classes
The Summer Course at Metàfora is famous for its international element, attracting students and professionals from all creative fields.
Metàfora maintains relations with many universities worldwide, where Art therapy is offered as a discipline, and we can guide and help our students with advice on which training program to opt for in the future.
In our Art Therapy courses, you will be exposed to both theoretical modules and practical experience.
We present you with basic knowledge of Art Psychotherapy and provide a broad introduction to how this discipline is applied in different situations and with a range of different collectives.
You will also participate in workshops where the focus is on the art making process itself and its potential.
Typical Daily Activities: The day starts with daily seminars covering the basic theoretical foundations of Art Psychotherapy as well as a range of real-life cases with clients from different collectives.
After this initial common space, the participants divide into groups according to choice of workshop (most of which last two days).
You can combine classes according to your own interests, and the idea is to offer different simultaneous experiences for the student group.
Further Studio Arts / Art Therapy Courses in Barcelona: • The International Workshop - a full-time studio-arts course taught in English • Initial Diploma in Art Therapy (taught in Spanish. Can be taken as an integrated part of The International Workshop) • Masters & Postgraduate Diploma in Art Therapy (taught in Spanish)
The department of Spanish as a foreign language of the Pontificial University of Salamanca offers a quality summer program in Spanish language and culture, covering all levels from beginner to advanced. Join our special summer program at the Pontificial University and experience Salamanca, situated in Castile-Leon, the region where the standard accent of Spanish is spoken. This is the perfect place to study Spanish. Salamanca is a beautiful city of 160,000 inhabitants in western Spain, 200 kilometres from Madrid. In 2002, the city was declared a UNESCO World Heritage City for its architectural and artistic wealth.
Our classrooms and facilities reflect our philosophy of teaching: pleasant and bright setting for small groups (12 students maximum), with multimedia equipment, a computer lab with connection to the internet and a room for showing films and documentaries. The School provides free internet access to its students.
Intensive Summer Spanish language and culture program:
Summer Course in Spanish Language and Culture, with excursions and cultural activities. The program includes four hours of class of Spanish Language and Culture a day (from 09:00 – 13:00 h), consisting of grammar & conversation as well as optional subjects (Spanish and Hispano-American literature, Spanish civilization and culture, Spanish for special purposes).
Improve your Spanish language skills, and experience Spanish and Andalusian culture first-hand through the unique individual immersion program offered by Edu-Culture Immersion (ECI), a leading language and cultural immersion organization.
Available to individual high school students and college students (ages 15-21), this program gives you the opportunity to live with a Spanish host family on the Costa del Sol for 2-4 weeks during the months of July and August. You can stay longer if you choose.
With no program of planned activities, you will live the life of a typical Spanish teenager in the beach city of Almeria, approximately 200km east of Malaga in Southern Spain. You will enjoy a summer of Spanish culture, Spanish family life & Spanish language.
ECI also gives you the opportunity to customize your immersion program. If you want to take dance classes, tennis lessons, or keep up with swim practice during your immersion stay, we will do all we can to accommodate your requests.
Enjoy a unique summer experience with ISC International Spanish Courses in Alicante - and learn Spanish while enjoying your favourite sports and meeting students from all over the world.
We provide summer Spanish language programs combined with sport, cultural and leisure activities to international students ages 13-18. Based in Alicante in southern Spain's Costa Blanca, our summer programs last for 1, 2 or 3 weeks.
We pride ourselves on our students having fun while learning Spanish, making new friends, experiencing new cultures and enjoying the Spanish lifestyle. Students take part in a wide variety of educational, cultural, sporting and leisure activities each day.
ISC´s aim is to promote and disseminate the Spanish language and culture by organizing educational, sport, cultural and leisure activities in the city of Alicante.
Students are provided with accommodation and meals in the student residence, in which they can enjoy the use of a swimming pool, wifi, outdoor swimming pool, solarium, fitness area, sports track.
LanguageJobSpain (LJS) is a Spanish language school located in La Coruña (only an hour's flight from the cities of Madrid and Barcelona) in the region of Galicia in Northwest Spain. We offer summer Spanish courses for adults and young people as well as a range of other Spanish programs throughout the year.
In our summer Spanish courses, we put together language and culture, organizing conversational exchanges with the locals, day trips, guided city tours and other activities that will give you a real view of the Galician and Spanish cultures. The summer time in A Coruña and Galicia is especially enjoyable, with local festivals, concerts, and cultural events all along the summer.
Our summer courses are suitable for all levels - from beginner to advanced with beginners courses starting every two weeks. The minimum stay is one week. Classes are kept small - between 4 and 12 students, to ensure everyone gets the invididual attention they need.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC offers our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs year-round and summer TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course in the summer months & year-round:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
• Marbella Design Academy is an international design school in Monda, (just 15km from Marbella) in Andalusia in the South of Spain, offering summer study programmes for students from around the world.
• All classes are held in English and in small groups. Our academy is state-recognised by the Ministry of Education in Spain.
• Our intensive summer courses offer a great opportunity to blend holiday and study. Non-European students do not need a student visa to enter Spain for our summer courses.
• You can enter on a normal tourist visa valid for 3 months. These intensive summer courses last between 2-5 weeks, depending on the subject. We also offer a 3-month design foundation course which has a June intake.
• Students come from around the world to study at our Academy, with more than 33 different nationalities represented. Special needs students (individuals with a physical disability) are also welcome to apply.
• We are in a stunning purpose-built facility approved by The Ministry of Education in Spain as complying with all the demands for a modern design academy.
Student Review: "This school is very supportive of international students, the scenery is a great inspiration and Marbella Design Academy has really opened my eyes about being on your own and working hard to achieve your goals."
- Kate, USA