Australian Academy of Design: The Academy is located in the city of Melbourne, the cultural capital of Australia. The Academy is located 5 minutes from the CBD of Melbourne and the National Gallery of Victoria.
The creative career education program at the Academy leads to nationally accredited award courses including the following:
Bachelor of Design Arts (Advertising) Bachelor of Design Arts (Fashion Design) Bachelor of Design Arts (Graphic Design) Bachelor of Design Arts (Photo Media) Bachelor of Design Arts (Visual Arts)
Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology (please note: students may exit with a Certificate IV after successfully completing the first year)
The degree courses currently offered at the Academy are government-accredited. The Academy’s Bachelor of Design Arts course with majors in Advertising, Graphic Design, Photo Media and Visual Arts is unique to the Academy and offers students the opportunity to take double-major combinations eg: Advertising/Graphic Design, Graphic Design/Photo Media
The Diploma of Fashion Design course was introduced in 2008, Students who complete this course can obtain credit through a Pathway to the Bachelor of Design Arts. Short Courses Short courses are offered in the following:
- Introductory Advertising - Introductory Graphic Design - Introductory Photo Media - Introductory Visual Arts
Set in the artistic hub of Collingwood in Melbourne, Australia, Latrobe College of Art and Design is an Independent and nationally registered college of art and design in Australia renowned for offering specialised, practically based courses in visual art, graphic and communication design, and photography.
Students can complete a one year Diploma or two year Advanced Diploma, or they may undertake a single trimester subject, in a discipline of their choice with a focus on subjects that can range from painting, drawing, communication design, moving image, digital and analogue photography, sculpture, graphic design, studio practice, web design, animation, art history and theory, and more.
With small class sizes local and international students can work with Latrobe College's acknowledged and profiled industry professional teaching staff through full or part-time study.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Julian Ashton Art School - Australia's Oldest Art School
Courses / Programs
Julian Ashton Art School in Sydney offers full and part time courses to all students if there is a place, from 18 years to mature age, beginners and advanced. All our tutors are exhibiting artists dedicated to providing the perfect balance of individual tuition that allows students to proceed at their own pace. Diplomas and Certificates are awarded and Scholarships may be competed for by all enrolled students. They include; the Sir William Dobell, John Olsen, Brett Whiteley and Thea Proctor Scholarships.
Billy Blue College of Design has campuses in North Sydney, NSW and Brisbane, Queensland in Australia. We have grown into a truly inspirational space for design education offering bachelor of applied design degree courses in various fields of design as well as certificate and diploma programs. We are proud to claim an iconic and affectionate place in the hearts and minds of the design community.
For more than 20 years, Billy Blue College of Design has been producing some of Australia’s most creative and successful design graduates. Originally founded by industry professionals, Billy Blue is a creative hub where current practicing professionals come to teach and meet with students and staff.
At Billy Blue we don’t work in a theoretical vacuum. Our qualifications, whether vocational courses or higher education bachelor degrees, are born out of our original mission of ‘design education for designers by designers.’ At Billy Blue we proudly produce ‘thinkers who can do’.
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Communication)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Branded Environment)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Commercial Interiors)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Residential Interiors)
- Bachelor of Applied Design (Branded Fashion)
- Certificate III in Printing and Graphic Arts
- Diploma of Printing and Graphic Arts (Digital Production)
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
Sydney College of the Arts (SCA) is the visual arts faculty of the University of Sydney. SCA is a premier provider of contemporary art education and research around the world offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in contemporary visual arts. SCA’s student population is diverse and one in six students are international students.
Leading the research and practice of contemporary art in Australia since 1976, SCA delivers innovative educational programs that support the professional success of graduates. A faculty of the University of Sydney, SCA continues the tradition of academic excellence associated with Australia’s most established educational institution.
SCA’s campus is located in the historic Kirkbride buildings in Rozelle, a suburb in the inner west of Sydney, and overlooks Sydney harbour. SCA provides free student and visitor parking on campus and is easily accessible by public transport.
The educational programs are studio-based and facilities include computer and multimedia laboratories, print, clay, glass, wood and metal workshops, film / video & sound production and editing facilities, SCA Gallery, SCA library and several student exhibition spaces.
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in visual arts:
- The Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) is three-year undergraduate degree program for those wishing to establish a practice in the contemporary visual arts, with the option of an honours degree also available.
- Master of Film and Digital Image
- Master of Interactive and Digital Media
- Master of Studio Art
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Specialist short courses in visual art are sometimes available.
Shillington College is a world class Graphic Design college offering full time and part time design courses in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane (Australia) and London and Manchester (UK). The course is continuously adapted to the times and our students are taught by outstanding graphic designers on the latest software. The course is run like a studio so that our students can learn work to realistic industry deadlines. Each student has use of their own computer for the entire course and will graduate with a professional portfolio.
Fully Accredited & Austudy Approved full time and part time graphic design courses (Cert IV in Design). The only prerequisites for the course are excellent English skills, basic knowledge of how to use a computer (either mac or PC) but most of all, a passion for design.