Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts, Florence: Based in Florence, in the Tuscany region of Northern Italy, Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts is a unique and progressive program that offers University level accredited courses with classes in Studio Art, Media Arts, Cultural Studies, Italian Language, and on-site learning in Art History. A key factor that distinguishes Firenze Arti Visive apart from other programs is our emphasis on small classes, on-site learning, and interdisciplinary study.
Italian Culture & Language Courses: Academic Studies classes meet with individual instructors for 45 contact hours per semester. In all courses, students have assignments and projects beyond class time. Attendance is mandatory for all classes. All courses are taught in English, with the exception of Italian language classes. 2 Dimensional Studio Arts Courses: - Drawing - Painting - Printmaking - Letterpress - Book Arts Media Arts Classes: - Photography - Video - Digital Media - Super8
Art History Courses: - Early Italian Renaissance - High Renaissance and Mannerism - Contemporary Art History
Italian Studies Courses: - History of European Cinema - Food, Culture and Society in Italy - Creative Writing - 14th Century Italian Literature
Italian Language Courses: - Beginning Italian I - Beginning Italian II - Intermediate Italian I - Intermediate Italian II - Advanced Italian
European Cultural Academy - Art, Architecture & Design Courses
Courses / Programs
• Experience Venice, Italy and the Venice Biennale together with like-minded students from all over the world with immersive and creative art & design courses from the European Cultural Academy (ECA).
• The aim of the ECA is to enhance knowledge and advance your career in architecture, art, design, and other creative industries.
• Our participants come from all backgrounds and the course is open for anyone with an interest in arts, architecture and culture.
• For more than a decade, we have helped creative communities to increase visibility, build connections and make a lasting impact on their careers.
• You and your peers are immersed in an inspiring environment led by renowned faculty and industry experts. Gain new skills to create greater impact with your work immediately.
• Prominent professors in related fields ensure a solid academic component and will enable you to gain a wider perspective.
• Our faculty includes artists, designers, curators, gallerists, architects and scholars that will help you to build necessary skills and enable you to navigate through an opaque and very competitive industry.
Contemporary Art, Architecture & Design Courses in summer, spring & fall - taught in English:
• Join for 1 week to focus on a particular topic
• Join for 2 weeks to cover wider field of subjects
• Join for 3 weeks for in-depth all-round experience and extra opportunities
Course Options: • Contemporary Art
• Contemporary Architecture - Opening Of The Architecture Biennale
• Contemporary Architecture
• Venice Architecture Biennale
• Design: The World Around Us
• 3-Day Venice Architecture Biennale Power Course
Vinarium based in Florence, Italy, is a tour operator specializing in wine and food programs in English for tourists. Vinarium offers wine tours in Tuscany, guided wine tasting in the best Florentine enotecas (local wine shops), cooking lessons and classes in historical buildings, and guided visits to the best Tuscan wine makers.
• Situated in Copanello, just 5 minutes from the beautiful seaside town of Soverato in the Calabria region of Southern Italy, Italian Culinary Institute (formerly Italian Institute for Advanced Culinary and Pastry Arts) is one of Europe's finest chef training academies.
• Founded by Chef John Nocita, ICI presents Italy's most advanced culinary programs for professional chefs, pastry chefs, students, serious home cooks & epicureans. Courses (taught in English or Italian) include full immersion culinary, baking, pastry and gelato programs, with 1-week, 2-week, & 3-month study options available.
• Each of our culinary arts programs include quality hotel accommodation, meals with wine, course materials, culinary travel, market visits, and more!
Student Reviews: "Life changing experience. They approach all culinary endeavors paying due respect to the ingredients being used" - Mark, USA
"Studying at ICI was among the most amazing experiences of my life. I attended courses both as a student and was then invited to be an assistant to Chefs John and Nic. Not only did I get a Great Education but the setting overlooking the Ionian Sea was absolutely marvelous and breathtaking." - Charles, USA
"Attending ICI was the best investment I have ever made for my future. Not only did we learn everything about authentic regional Italian cuisine and become better industry professionals, I learned how to taste and trust my palate. Chef John is a true master and will always be a mentor to me." - Mike, USA
Professional Italian Cooking Courses / Chef Training
(Short & intensive culinary courses taught in English & Italian languages)
• Master of Italian Cuisine
• The Evolution of Italian Cuisine
• Foundation of Italian Cuisine
• Traditional Italian Charcuterie
• Artisan Italian Cheese Making course
• Pastry, Desserts and Gelato course
• Pizza Focaccia and Specialty Breads, Artisan Baking
The Florence Institute's courses teach the foundation of Italian design by combining modern technologies with Italy’s imaginative culture. By combining tradition, theory and technology the design school program gives a detailed understanding of the Italian creative process. The latest software is instructed and applied to challenging assignments that encourage creative thinking. Lessons in the Italian language are part of each student’s education.
Enjoy the sunshine welcome of Italy at a family run Culinary cooking school in Sorrento. Discover the healthy secrets of Italian cuisine with chef Biagio and his use of fresh grown ingredients for creating the simple local Mediterranean dishes. Our way of cooking has evolved over the centuries. The south of Italy has always been a Mediterranean base through which many civilizations have passed, giving to our land and likewise to our plates a touch of their traditions. Our mission is to teach our students the art of traditional southern Italian cooking, specifically those dishes rooted in our culture and way of life. In this way we not only offer cooking classes, but a piece of our historical heritage.
Cooking classes begin in the late morning or afternoon to cook a different full 4 course meal every day, which is then served for lunch or dinner at Mami Camilla. The chef, provides each student with a book of recipes so that you could follow each day's menu and take notes and ask any questions that you may have. We always give the students the opportunity to have hands on experiences with every dish we make, that's why we limit our class size to no more than 5/6 students.
• Founded in 1961, Istituto di Moda Burgo is a long-established fashion school located in Milan's vibrant city centre.
• We offer high-quality academic year and short summer courses in Fashion Design, Fashion Stylist, Dressmaking, and Pattern Making - taught in English and Italian language.
• We provide 'Normal' and 'Intensive' study options for each course. 'Normal' courses last from 1-2 years, while 'Intensive' options run between 5 months and 1 year.
• Thanks to over 50 years experience in the fashion industry, Istituto di Moda Burgo's methodology and passion for Italian fashion and style has been exported to many fashion design schools, colleges, public and private universities abroad.
• We also offer our 4 main academic-year fashion programs at our school in Rome.
Student Review: "I had a great time at this school where I noticed the care with which the subjects are taught. The teachers are precise. I learned in a short time a new method. I'm very satisfied!" - Francesca