Lines, Cold Ash Thatcham in Berkshire: Downe House is one of the most prestigious boarding schools in England and is located in Cold Ash Thatcham in Berkshire. It is 45 minutes away from Heathrow Int'l Airport, one hour from Central London and half an hour from Oxford. LINES has an exclusive let of these premises during the months of July and August. Our teachers are all qualified, enthusiastic and professional. We are British Council accredited. From arrival until departure at the airport, we commit ourselves to looking after every single student to make sure that they have a memorable stay.
Academic Program Our concept is “Immersion in English at all times.” This means that the students have to speak English at all times, during classes, but also during meals and activities. Lessons are highly intensive, but fun! KIDS & TEENS have 32 lessons a week in groups of average 6-7 students (max. 10) from the same level. JUNIORS & SENIORS have the same programme, but can add, if they choose to, 8 optional workshops a week either to prepare for exams (FCE, TOEFL etc) or to work on specific needs and goals.
Special programme for very young learners aged 7 to 9: KIDS “First Time Away” is a pedagogical programme adapted for our very young learners; the kid aged 7 to 9. It is basedion project learning with the aim of keeping it as intensive as possible but creative at the same time. These little students are also completely separated from the older students with an independent timetable, a course director an their own area “The Secret Garden”.
• Let Me Play are leading specialists in hosting sports camps and sports tours. We provide residential summer sports camps in Loughborough University, Leicestershire in the East Midlands of England.
• We offer Soccer Football, Basketball, Athletics & English Language Camps.
• Each year, we providesummer camps for UK-based and international students (ages 10-18) that include accommodation & meals. We also offer non-residential camps for local students.
• Our Soccer, Basketball, Athletics & English Language Camps are a great way to meet new friends, build self-confidence, develop skills, and learn new ones from industry professionals.
• Coming from overseas? We offer English lessons alongside all of our camps, as well as a dedicated English Camp! Just ask and we can create a custom English program just for you so you can learn a new language as well as a new sport!
• Best of all, we offer competitive prices too. Group discounts are available. Sightseeing tours are also available with each camp as an extra.
• Our sports camps are situated just 160km / 100 miles north of London, and within comfortable reach from London, Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton.
Student Review / Testimonial: “Every single day was action packed with sport and sessions challenged our technical ability but were always great fun. The experience was worth every moment.”
- Football Camp Participant, UK
ISSOS, Summer Schools at Cambridge and St Andrews Universities
Courses / Programs
• ISSOS gives international students (ages 13-18) the opportunity to improve their English language skills while enjoying an unforgettable summer experience in the UK!
• We offer all-inclusive three-week summer school programs in July and August in the world-famous Cambridge and St. Andrews Universities.
• Cambridge and St Andrews are university towns that provide a stunning, unique and safe location for our students.
• St Andrews is located on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles (80km) north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles (130 km) north-east of Glasgow.
• The city of Cambridge in England is situated approximately 50 miles (80 km) north-east of London.
• Our residential summer schools aim to offer a balanced summer experience of academics, fun and culture. Students choose one academic subject and one elective subject to study during their 3-week stay.
• Academic subject options include English language courses for beginner to advanced students.
• We attract students from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities. We offer limited places to guarantee small class sizes and individual attention.
Student Review: "It’s hard to sum up ISSOS in a few lines, but its quite easy to sum up in one word: Brilliant! From classes to activities to trips, ISSOS has something for everyone and more than one thing for most."
- Rachel, USA
UK High School Immersion (UKHSI) work with EIGHT English High Schools in Sussex, located in the South of England. The aim of UKHSI is to provide high school places for individuals and groups of students and accommodation in a host family.
A UKHSI will ‘mirror’ the timetable of an English student who will be their buddy throughout the trip.
You can book a high school place for one week or one term or up to a full academic year. The choice is yours.
Book a High school immersion course with UKHSI today.
Why choose UK High School Immersion?
Experiencing an English High school is a great way to improve your English language ability and make new friends in England. We have placed students in schools in Sussex since 2012 and have had very positive feedback from the schools we collaborate with and the students. e provide every aspect of your trip; the airport transfer, full board accommodation, a place at a high school, social progamme, and a school report if required.
UKHSI student takes part in every aspect of school life and is assigned for the duration of their stay.
Are you searching for a quality summer English school for your child or teen? Located close to the beautiful city of Bristol in the south west of England, Acorn International Summer School (AISS) is a family-run summer boarding school for juniors ages 5-15 years.
We provide unique academic summer programmes for 2 or 4 weeks, and welcome students from around the world as well as British children.
International juniors will improve their English by studying a range of primary school subjects, in a fun and friendly environment. They will make lots of new friends, visit different English landmarks and cities, explore British culture and experience the British education system. British children will enjoy action-packed holiday courses.
At AISS, both international and British children can live, learn and play together - making friends from all over the UK, and across the world, and being part of a truly international experience. We want all participants to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Our summer school in Tockington (10 miles north of Bristol) is situated just 2 hours by train from London, 90 minutes from Oxford, and one hour from Cardiff in Wales. This makes Acorn International Summer School in Bristol very accessible for international students.
Testimonial: "I very much enjoy the summer camp at Acorn, the lessons are so interesting because of all the different ones (math, science, art, cooking and more)...I have been to Acorn two years now and I love it." - Raul, Spain
• Immerse your child or teenager in a second language environment while experiencing the stunning countryside of Scotland in summer 2020.
• Articulate Language Camps provides English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian language summer immersion camps in Scotland for both UK-based and international students aged 6-17.
• We also offer academic year Language Learning + Adventure Programmes for 2-7 days (Residential Camps for groups of primary & secondary school students).
• With two fantastic locations in central Scotland, our residential summer camps are run by qualified language teachers and native speakers of your chosen language. Whether you are flying to Glasgow or Edinburgh airports or traveling by train, our team will be happy to arrange a pick-up for you.
• We use digital media, team building activities and adventure sports to bring language learning to life.
• Located at Lapwing Lodges, a Scout centre with amazing outdoor adventure facilities, our Launch Camp (with participants mainly from the UK) is a 2 or 4-day course for children aged 6-11.
• Located at the Dolphin House, an outdoor center on the grounds of the stunning Culzean Castle in South Ayrshire, our International Camp is an 11-day camp for students aged 12-17.
Student Testimonial: “The staff are friendly, cheerful and very organised. I loved the activities like capture the flag, crate building, the water fight and the team-building. I would recommend camp to all my friends.” - Lily, 17
Residential, Language Learning Summer Camps in Scotland:
• Participants choose English, French, Spanish, German, or Italian
Launch Camp • 2 or 4 day camp for young children aged 6-11
• Based at Lapwing Lodge, near Glasgow
• Learn through digital media projects and outdoor sport.
• Includes outdoor language learning, raft building, climbing and film-making
International Camp • 11-day residential summer camp for UK & international students aged 12-17
• Based in Dolphin House, in the Culzean Castle and Country park area, 1 hour from Glasgow.
• With digital media projects & outdoor adventure activities
Kildinan Parkdale Farm (Horse-riding + English Courses)
Courses / Programs
• Join us in summer 2018 for an unforgettable horse-riding & English language learning experience for international students ages 10-18 in the beautiful south-east England!
• Situated in the historic, cultural town of Battle in East Sussex (90 km south-east of London and 50 km east of Brighton seaside resort), Kildinan Park Dale Farm provides one and two-week, residential, English + Horse Riding summer camps for riders and learners of all levels.
• Students will be welcomed into the family home for their English summer course with a maximum of 4 students staying at any one time. You will be part of Kildinan Park Dale Farm's family life - encouraging everyday conversation to reinforce your English language lessons.
• We look forward to welcoming you to the south-east!
• For international students aged 10-18
• Camp Duration: 1 or 2 weeks
• 15 hours English tuition per week
• 15 hours Horse riding instruction per week
• 1 excursion per week
• Homestay accommodation with an English family
• Transfer from Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, London