Lines, Cold Ash Thatcham in Berkshire: Downe House is one of the most prestigious boarding schools in England and is located in Cold Ash Thatcham in Berkshire. It is 45 minutes away from Heathrow Int'l Airport, one hour from Central London and half an hour from Oxford. LINES has an exclusive let of these premises during the months of July and August. Our teachers are all qualified, enthusiastic and professional. We are British Council accredited. From arrival until departure at the airport, we commit ourselves to looking after every single student to make sure that they have a memorable stay.
Academic Program Our concept is “Immersion in English at all times.” This means that the students have to speak English at all times, during classes, but also during meals and activities. Lessons are highly intensive, but fun! KIDS & TEENS have 32 lessons a week in groups of average 6-7 students (max. 10) from the same level. JUNIORS & SENIORS have the same programme, but can add, if they choose to, 8 optional workshops a week either to prepare for exams (FCE, TOEFL etc) or to work on specific needs and goals.
Special programme for very young learners aged 7 to 9: KIDS “First Time Away” is a pedagogical programme adapted for our very young learners; the kid aged 7 to 9. It is basedion project learning with the aim of keeping it as intensive as possible but creative at the same time. These little students are also completely separated from the older students with an independent timetable, a course director an their own area “The Secret Garden”.
Are you searching for a quality summer English school for your child or teen? Located close to the beautiful city of Bristol in the south west of England, Acorn International Summer School (AISS) is a family-run summer boarding school for juniors ages 5-15 years.
We provide unique academic summer programmes for 2 or 4 weeks, and welcome students from around the world as well as British children.
International juniors will improve their English by studying a range of primary school subjects, in a fun and friendly environment. They will make lots of new friends, visit different English landmarks and cities, explore British culture and experience the British education system. British children will enjoy action-packed holiday courses.
At AISS, both international and British children can live, learn and play together - making friends from all over the UK, and across the world, and being part of a truly international experience. We want all participants to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Our summer school in Tockington (10 miles north of Bristol) is situated just 2 hours by train from London, 90 minutes from Oxford, and one hour from Cardiff in Wales. This makes Acorn International Summer School in Bristol very accessible for international students.
Testimonial: "I very much enjoy the summer camp at Acorn, the lessons are so interesting because of all the different ones (math, science, art, cooking and more)...I have been to Acorn two years now and I love it." - Raul, Spain
Kaplan International Colleges London - Covent Garden
Courses / Programs
With over 40 English schools in eight countries, Kaplan International Colleges is a world leader in English language education and has been teaching English as a foreign language to students and professionals since 1967. Our exceptional English school in London’s fashionable Covent Garden area is one of two of Kaplan International Colleges English schools in London.
Choose from a range of English courses of varying lengths and levels of intensity, with classes beginning every week of the year, at our English schools in London. Personalise your course to match your language needs through electives and supplementary study sessions.
Located in a historic building in central London, our school offers English courses and exam preparation courses taught by qualified, experienced and friendly teachers to help students of all English levels advance their academic and professional careers. Accommodation options are also available. Join our English school in London and achieve your language goals today.
Our English schools in London are accredited by the British Council and are active members of English UK, the association of recognised English language schools.
English Language Courses:
- General English courses
- Intensive English courses
- Business English for professionals
- Vacation English course
- TOEFL and Academic English
- Cambridge ESOL exam preparation
- IELTS Test Preparation
Work and Study Programs:
- Paid Work and Study (5/6/9-month programme)
English Country Schools organises residential English language summer courses in the UK for children and teenagers ages 7 - 17 from around the world. Our English summer schools are held in well-equipped boarding schools in the countryside in Dorset and Oxfordshire, about two hours from London. All of our courses are accredited by The British Council.
With over 20 years experience in successfully running our English summer schools, we combine English language teaching with a balanced programme of sports, social activites and excursions so that young people enjoy fun friendship and learning all day long.
Children and teenagers learn a lot of English during our professional, accredited summer courses. They have fun, make new international friendships, broaden their horizons and increase their self-confidence. Our students come from over 25 different countries from around the world. We don’t allow groups from any one country. All students eat, sleep and receive lessons in the schools.
Kildinan Parkdale Farm (Horse-riding + English Courses)
Courses / Programs
• Join us in summer 2018 for an unforgettable horse-riding & English language learning experience for international students ages 10-18 in the beautiful south-east England!
• Situated in the historic, cultural town of Battle in East Sussex (90 km south-east of London and 50 km east of Brighton seaside resort), Kildinan Park Dale Farm provides one and two-week, residential, English + Horse Riding summer camps for riders and learners of all levels.
• Students will be welcomed into the family home for their English summer course with a maximum of 4 students staying at any one time. You will be part of Kildinan Park Dale Farm's family life - encouraging everyday conversation to reinforce your English language lessons.
• We look forward to welcoming you to the south-east!
• For international students aged 10-18
• Camp Duration: 1 or 2 weeks
• 15 hours English tuition per week
• 15 hours Horse riding instruction per week
• 1 excursion per week
• Homestay accommodation with an English family
• Transfer from Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, London
• St Brelade's College is an English language school located on the British island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, approximately 20 miles off the French coast and 80 miles south of England.
• We provide a range of year-round and summer English language courses for students aged 10-18 years including intensive, private lessons, holiday programmes or residential programmes. We offer courses for individuals or groups.
• Established in 1978, St Brelade’s College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK. We offer a varying weekly activity programme, visiting places of interest, such as conservation parks and castles, and arranging activities and social evenings.
• We provide a holiday package that allows our students to practise and learn the English language, along with having a memorable stay.
• Our students have the choice of staying in homestay accommodation with one of our host families on the island, in a summer residence or in hotel accommodation.
Student Testimonial: "Morning classes dramatically improved our English. We did activities, games and others things. It was very entertaining. I saw the results this year on my grades." Arethuse, 15, France, 2 week summer holiday course