Lines: Lines is one of the most prestigious boarding schools in England and is situated in Cold Ash Thatcham in Berkshire. It is 45 minutes away from Heathrow Int'l Airport, one hour from Central London and half an hour from Oxford.
Lines is set in its own grounds of 110 acres, and boasts playing fields, 17 tennis courts, an indoor heated swimming pool (25 m), a new gymnasium with fitness room, 3 glass-backed squash courts and an art room as well as a theatre. Students are accommodated in pleasant and comfortable study bedrooms.
Kildinan Parkdale Farm (Horse-riding + English Courses)
Courses / Programs
• A summer horse-riding plus English language course provider for international students, and equine care training school for British students (aged 10-18 years).
• Situated close to the historic town of Battle in East Sussex, south-east England, Kildinan Park Dale Farm offers equine enthusiasts (aged 10-18) a chance to learn English language skills and horse-riding / stable management on the same course.
• Our English + Horseback Riding course is taught during the summer months and all ages and standards are welcome. Students are welcome to stay for just 1 week but we recommend staying 2 weeks or more to avail of the full benefit of our English tutorials.
• In addition to our English courses, we also offer a horse riding + horse care course for British children & teenagers ages 10 to 18 during Easter and summer school holidays.
• Students stay with us in our family home and ride our horses in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Having only 4-5 students stay with us at any one time enables our instructors to concentrate on the individual needs of each student.
• For international students aged 10-18
• Camp Duration: 1 or 2 weeks
• 15 hours English tuition per week
• 15 hours Horse riding instruction per week
• Homestay accommodation with an English family
• 1 excursion per week
• Transfer from Gatwick and Heathrow Airport
Horse Riding + Horse Care Course:
• For British students aged 10-18
• Held during summer and Easter holidays
• St Brelade's College is an English language school located on the British island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, approximately 20 miles off the French coast and 80 miles south of England.
• We provide a range of year-round and summer English language courses for students aged 10-18 years including intensive, private lessons, holiday programmes or residential programmes. We offer courses for individuals or groups.
• Established in 1978, St Brelade’s College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK. We offer a varying weekly activity programme, visiting places of interest, such as conservation parks and castles, and arranging activities and social evenings.
• We provide a holiday package that allows our students to practise and learn the English language, along with having a memorable stay.
• Our students have the choice of staying in homestay accommodation with one of our host families on the island, in a summer residence or in hotel accommodation.
Student Testimonial: "Morning classes dramatically improved our English. We did activities, games and others things. It was very entertaining. I saw the results this year on my grades." Arethuse, 15, France, 2 week summer holiday course
English Country Schools organises residential English language summer courses in the UK for children and teenagers ages 7 - 17 from around the world. Our English summer schools are held in well-equipped boarding schools in the countryside in Dorset and Oxfordshire, about two hours from London. All of our courses are accredited by The British Council.
With over 20 years experience in successfully running our English summer schools, we combine English language teaching with a balanced programme of sports, social activites and excursions so that young people enjoy fun friendship and learning all day long.
Children and teenagers learn a lot of English during our professional, accredited summer courses. They have fun, make new international friendships, broaden their horizons and increase their self-confidence. Our students come from over 25 different countries from around the world. We don’t allow groups from any one country. All students eat, sleep and receive lessons in the schools.
ECHO English Language School, located next to the historic town of Arundel in the South Downs National Park on the south coast of England between Brighton and Chichester, is a residential school specialising in immersion English courses for small numbers of students aged between 12 - 17. Our courses are held in the summer holidays and provide a fully residential opportunity to learn & live under one roof. We offer highly individualised English language courses in small groups, enabling students to learn in a fast, effective way in a warm and friendly environment.
At ECHO Language School, we want our students to enjoy their English language learning and to practice as much English as possible. We have an 'English All Day' rule so our students practise their English language in real situations, inside and outside class and study times. We are a small school (maximum 25 students!) and so students make good international friends quickly, and we can offer a very well-monitored residential environment all day. All the bedrooms are shared (1 to 5 students), en-suite, students are in a safe, comfortable environment all the time, and they can concentrate on building their language skills.
- Junior English course for ages 12-14
- Senior English course for ages 15-17
- Intensive English course (including exam preparation for school exams such as Abitur or Baccalaureat, and international qualifications such as the Cambridge exams ) for ages 15 to 17
Students enjoy activities every afternoon and evening - sports, fun, culture, creativity and/or academic skills depending on the course chosen (Junior - fun, Senior -fun & academic, Intensive -academic), and full-day excursions on Saturdays.
Summer Orchestral Course, Bristol - Language & Music for Life
Courses / Programs
Based in Tockington Manor School, just 12 miles north of Bristol in the south-west of England, Language and Music for Life provides an intensive, 1-week orchestral music course for children (ages 5 to 14) who want to have an opportunity to “make” music in summer 2018.
This residential and non-residential course is designed for players who have reached at least Grade 4 standard on any orchestral instrument.
Children ages 9-14 can attend as boarders while students ages 5-9 should either live locally, or stay in local Bed & Breakfasts with their parents who would transport them to the course each day.
The course, ‘Strictly Come Playing’ is a week-long summer music camp that culminates in the creation of 'The 100 Little Hands Symphony Orchestra', which is conducted by William Godfree. We accept applications from students who currently play Strings, Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion instruments.
At Language and Music for Life, we are serious about providing a safe environment for very young people to develop. Our priority is that all students are safe and happy.
The course takes place at Tockington Manor School (a boarding private school) in South Gloucestershire, which includes an impressive covered swimming pool for our young musicians’ relaxation, as well as tennis courts, a cricket pitch and delightful private woods.
We also provide quality language lessons in French and English in very small groups during the camp.
Founded in 1995, ECS Scotland is a family run, British Council accredited English language training centre located in the heart of Edinburgh's New Town. Specialising in small group and 1-to-1 training to professional adults, ECS Scotland offers a variety of tailor made courses starting any Monday of the year.
Combination Courses combine 15 hours of General English in a small group with a maximum of 5 students and 5, 10 or 15 hours of 1-to-1 tuition, focusing on your specific language needs. Medical, Legal, Financial, Tourism, Military, Business, email writing topics are covered. Please ask us for your specific topic area and we will create a course for you. Closed group courses are available on request.
Weekend Refresher courses give you the opportunity to practise your English communication skills in the morning and spend the afternoon exploring Edinburgh, either on your own or by joining activities arranged by the school.
- General English Group Tuition 15 hrs per week
- General English Group Tuition 20 hrs per week
- Combination Course (15 or 20hrs General English in a small group + 5, 10 or hrs 1-to-1 focusing on your topic)
- IELTS Exam Preparation
- CAE / FCE Cambridge exam preparation
- Weekend Refresher courses
-Summer Pre-Sessional Academic English courses