Durham University Language Centre:
Durham University is a world-class university situated in New Elvet, Durham, North East England, 42 miles (68 Kilometers) south of Newcastle Upon Tyne. The Language Centre offers year long courses in English language proficiency for students hoping to progress to university courses: a lower level Preparatory English Course and a higher level Certificate in English and Academic Study. These courses equip international students for study in Durham and other UK Institutions, concentrating on improving not only academic English language skills but also wider study, research and academic culture skills.
* Students who are intending to study for a postgraduate degree at Durham University or other UK institution
* Students who have an offer letter that allows them to study at postgraduate level if they have taken an Academic English course or attended a summer Pre-sessional course
* Students who are intending to study for an undergraduate degree at Durham University or other UK institution
* Students who wish to go onto foundation courses within this University or other UK institution
* Students who are living in the UK and wish to improve their general English language and literacy levels
A typical student would include someone who is looking to join or has already been accepted on the following academic courses:
* undergraduate or Foundation courses: eg BS, BSc in Arts, Social Science, Science, Business, Law, Economics
* postgraduate courses: eg MA, Msc, PhD in Arts, Social Science, Science, Business, Law, Economics
Students who are specifically looking to join this programme to improve their academic English may already have conditional or unconditional offers for any of the courses above. However, this is not essential, they may be looking to apply to one of these courses in the near future. Students may progress directly to departments from this course without necessarily having to do a pre-sessional or foundation pre-sessional course if they achieve the grades they need.
Certificate in English and Academic Study (CEAS) Programme for international students planning to study in Durham and other UK Institutions. The course runs all year round, but there are three points of entry and exit in the year: October - December, January - March and April - June. The course is divided into three terms. Each term is nine and a half weeks long and follows the academic terms of Durham University. We also offer a 10/12 Week MBA Pre-Sessional English course for those entering our MBA programme.
Accommodation for visitors is available both in University Colleges or in privately owned hotels and guesthouses.
Durham is 264 miles from London, 187 miles from Birmingham, 125 miles from Edinburgh and 67 miles from York so you will have plenty to see and do during your stay. We organise Induction and Welcome Events so there is something for everyone.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Elvet Riverside, New Elvet, Durham, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.