Art schools in France: Design schools, fashion design schools, interior design courses, graphic design education, cooking courses, culinary arts vacations, Écoles d'art en France, fashion design schools in Europe
Studio Escalier is an independent, private, studio art school and international arts colony, founded in 2001 by Timothy Stotz, Anthony Ryder and Nicole Michelle Tully. We offer intensive art courses to both French and international students in Argenton-Chateau (now Argenton-les-Vallées), a commune in the Deux-Sèvres department in the Poitou-Charentes region of Western France, and drawing programs in Montmartre (18th Arrondissement), Paris. Occasionally, we invite select visiting faculty to offer courses. All course lectures are delivered in English.
Our studio facilities and lectures in Paris, as well as our campus in Argenton-Chateau are not open to the general public. Personal interviews and telephone interviews are not a part of the admissions process. All enrollment and administration is done via the internet.
Our student body has represented 30 different countries, more than 25 major cities worldwide, as well as 35 US states. We enroll anywhere from 25 to 55 students annually, across all programs. The average student age in our intensive courses is 30 years (Approximately 3/4 are age 18-29 & 1/4 are age 30-65), and for our shorter drawing programs & special programs is 44 years.
* Paris Drawing Programs:
- December in Paris - Drawing Program 2011: 20 hours life-drawing and 9 daylight hours at the Louvre per week (3-week program)
- Winter at the Lourve 2012 (9-week Drawing Intensive)
Located in the centre of Paris with two other locations in Milan and London, we are a dedicated team at Istituto Marangoni University. Our mission is to prepare a new generation of creative leaders. Our programmes are specially designed for students who are keen and willing to learn advanced techniques in the fashion and design industry.
At Istituto Marangoni we offer sharply defined, fully immersed courses giving you advanced training in some of the most interesting fields of fashion and design. Exciting assigments include choosing the perfect location for an advertising campaign. You will be responsible for organising the fashion show, creating an image expressing the clothings moods and turning it into something unforgettable.
Basic, One-Year and Summer Courses in Fashion Design; Fashion Styling; Fashion Business; Interior Design; Master Programmes are also offered. Courses are taught in French and English with the options of Italian, Portuguese and Spanish for the Summer Courses. We have schools in Paris, Milan and London.
• Are you searching for a creative course / activity holiday for adults in France? Located near the beautiful and historic city of Carcassonne in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of South West France, the French House Party provides residential, all-inclusive experience holidays for adults from around the world.
• Recommended in the National Geographic book “The 100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life”, our residential summer courses for individuals, couples and groups include cooking, creative writing, and songwriting. Some of our scheduled cooking courses are also available in Spring and Autumn.
• For groups of 6 or more, we can also arrange tailor-made packages year-round. Additional programs for groups include bridge holidays, art and mixed media, books and drama, and digital film making.
• A range of corporate and team building breaks can also be provided.
• Carcassonne is situated only 50 miles from Toulouse with its international airport and approximately 390 miles from Paris.
• Ryanair also fly directly to Carcassonne from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, and Paris Beauvais international airport.
"Twenty-one hours of French cooking lessons over the course of six days, given by two famous French chefs and voila: I am confident in having mastered the art of French cooking."
- Charlene Peters, examiner.com
Summer Creative Courses
• Creative Writing: 6-day courses
• Songwriting Course: 4-day course
Residential Courses for Groups (6+ people)
• Digital Film Making
• Books & Drama
• Art & Mixed Media
• Golf & Gourmet
• Corporate & Team Building Breaks
Paris American Academy (PAA) is an accredited private institution of higher learning offering bachelor degree, semester abroad and summer programs in Fashion, Fine Arts and Interior Design to students from around the world searching for quality career education in these fields.
Established in 1965 by Richard Roy, PAA is located less than a kilometer from Notre-Dame Cathedral in the famous Latin Quarter of Paris, France. All of our programs are taught in English.
During their studies, students can benefit from a French language course integrated into their program.
We also offer a four-week English language course for international students and native French students at elementary to advanced levels of English. The course is designed to prepare them for further studies in English-speaking institutions.
The Paris American Academy is registered by the Académie de Paris, as a private institution of higher learning under the 12 July 1875 jurisdiction.
Our semester abroad programs are available either during the fall or spring semester, and university credits can be earned on the semester programs for transfer to colleges and universities on both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Garden Design Academy, located in the Loire Valley region of Central France, is run by award-winning English garden designers Colin and Marie-Chantal Elliott. They are specialist tutors offering English language residential tuition in garden design and CAD technologies. We also offer over 60 distance learning courses.
Drawing on over 30 years of experience in horticulture, gardening, garden design and landscaping, the Academy provides a wide range of courses in these subjects by distance learning and a number of residential courses based in France's Loire Valley.
By teaming up with horicultural education experts around the world they have put together a range of courses from those suitable for the keen amateur gardener, through a range of professional developement training up to Masters level.
The Garden Design Academy is proud to offer the full range of qualifications from the UK's Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) and is the only establishment on mainland Europe to do so.
Their site in this central location gives residential students easy access by plane, train and car from all over Europe. Visits are arranged to the famous chateaux and gardens of the Loire Valley nearby.
• Calling students from France and internationally! Founded in 1995, Marbella Design Academy is a leading international design school in Spain, state-recognised by the Ministry of Education.
• Our students can choose between 3-year academic studies, a 3-month foundation course, and short intensive summer courses in a range of creative arts and design subjects, taught entirely in English.
• We offer 3-year Bachelor of Arts - BA (Hons) degree programmes in Interior Architecture, Graphic Design & Fashion Design, awarded by the University of Bedfordshire, UK (These BA degree titles are state-recognised in the UK).
• Students can avail of Free Spanish classes during the academic year.
• Our school is located in a stunning purpose-built facility in Monda, only 15km from Marbella on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain.
• The building has been approved by the Ministry of Education as living up to all the latest demands and facilities required for a modern design school.
• Graduates have a near 100% employment rate. Many companies contact our college with job offers for our students.
"Marbella Design Academy is more than a place of education, it is an all-round experience." - Graphic Design Student, Lana from Spain / UK
PMC Studio offer all-inclusive learning holidays in South-West France. We specialize in metal clay and jewelry holidays combined with the French food and wine experience.
Our courses feature an exciting and versatile new material called 'metal clay', which enables people with no prior experience to produce amazing jewellery in silver, gold, bronze, copper and more.
Our courses are taught in both French and English. We also run masterclasses in various creative skills where known artists/trainers visit PMC Studio.
Our certification courses are recognised by the PMC Guild and the Art Clay Society. This ensures that your certification is recognised worldwide. The modules have been planned and developed carefully to ensure a quality programme.
If you prefer to take more time to complete the certification courses we offer a rolling certification course in metal clay.
We also offer a distance learning programme for students who wish to study from home.
Founded in 1979, MJM Graphic Design provides a wide range of 3-year arts and design courses to students from around the globe.
MJM has schools in Paris (10th Arrondissement), Rennes, Strasbourg and Nantes.
Over the years, the initial conviction has only become stronger and today, MJM Graphic Design enjoys a solid and prestigious reputation of excellence,
Today, former students of our schools officiate within the creative departments of leading designer brands, as members of the 3D animation teams for Shrek or a Monster in Paris, they invent new designs for leading international brands, remodel the most beautiful interiors and give oomph to advertising campaigns.
20.EEGP - European School for Advertising & Graphic Design
Courses / Programs
EEGP - European School for Advertising & Graphic Design is a private techical higher education school located in Angers, France. EEGP provides training in the fields of illustration, cartoon-strips, computer graphics, multimedia and animation. The minimum age to take the EEGP admission process is 17 years old. The equivalent to French baccalaureate is required for an entry at EEGP. Applicants must have special skills in drawing and arts and obviously they must show their strong interest.
Foreign students are welcomed and are selected just the same way as the French student. Besides, they must be proficient enough in French to attend the course. Students who have previously been studying in the same subjects may be interviewed for a special entry in the 2nd year course.
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Graphic Design; International Course ( Graphic Design,French as a foreign language, Art and advertising knowledges); Multimedia Course (Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Golive, InDesign, Autocad, 3Dsmax). BTS Communication visuelle