Study fashion abroad in Italy: Short fashion courses in Milan, summer fashion design program taught in English for international students/ Americans. Patternmaking, fashion business & fashion drawing courses for beginners & advanced students in European fashion school.
Istituto Marangoni, Milan: Situated in the heart of Milan, Italy's fashion capital, Istituto Marangoni provides a comprehenisve range of 3-week Short Introductory Fashion courses as well as 2-week Advanced Programmes to students from all over the world who are interested in fashion and design. Courses are offered in Summer, and throughout the year. Topics include Fashion Drawing, Fashion Image, Fashion Production, Kidswear Design, Pattern Cutting, and Fashion Retail Management among many others.
3-week Short Introductory Fashion Courses: If you have no experience of the world of fashion and design - but would like to become familiar with the disciplines or more specific aspects of your chosen subject, you can choose one of our 3-week-introductory courses. Each course allows students to grasp the principles of the subject, should you be curious to take your interest further and study it in more depth.
Short Course Topics: - Fashion & The Cities - Essential Fashion Design - Basics of Fashion Image - The Business of Fashion - The Language of Fashion Advertising - Fashion Visual Merchandising - Introduction to Fashion Design - New Italian Approaches to Fashion Design - Draping Womenswear Design - Fashion Mix - Visual Merchandising - Fashion Drawing - Pattern Cutting For Designers - Fashion Image
2-week Advanced Programmes: To be admitted to one of our Advanced courses, it is preferable that you have some prior knowledge and experience of your chosen subject area. The course gives you the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of your chosen subject.
Courses last for 2 weeks and include an introductory overview, project experimentation, and an assessment. You learn specific technical skills and methodologies as well as those relating to project proposals and the development of ideas.
Advanced Programme Topics: - Kidswear Design - Underwear & Beachwear Design - Fashion Film Storytelling - Fashion Production - The Retail Experience - Social Media for Fashion - Designing a Commercial Fashion Collection - Introduction to Couture - Fashion Retail Management - Fashion Event Management
Courses are offered throughout the year, with Summer study options also available. Email us via our contact page for more information.
The school was estabished in 1998 and is located in the old part of Florence. There are classrooms for drawing and designing both by hand and by computer, and a large. fully-equipped workshops with individual professional workbenches, and the instruments and tools needed for the various specialisations as well as machinery for complete cycle casting. Courses are available for a minimum of one month and a maximum of a year and are aimed at those are newcomers to the craft and also those who already have some basic knowledge and wish to gain specialisation. Lessons are morning and afternoon every day from Monday to Friday. Lessons are held in Italian but we have a teaching assistant who can help students when they do not understand.
Istituto Europeo di Design (IED) is an international design educational network with schools located in Venice, Milan, Rome, and Turin in Italy; Madrid and Barcelona in Spain and Sao Paulo in Brazil. We offer three-year post-secondary school courses, advanced one-year courses and Masters programs in the fields of Design, Fashion, Visual Arts and Communications.
IED Venice’s One Year, Masters, Advanced Training, Workshops and Summer courses are geared for the multi-faceted, multi-cultural global public: university and secondary school students, freelance professionals looking to broaden their expertise, foreign and domestic companies whose management and employees require specialized training, even travelers who might want to make their stay in Venice more special experiencing a thorough immersion into culture. Courses are taught in either Italian or English.
- Yacht Design & Construction (taught in English)
- Arts Management (taught in English)
- PhotoArt Workshop (taught in Italian)
One Year Courses:
- Production Design (taught in Italian)
- Media Design (taught in Italian)
Continuing Education Courses:
- Design Sketching Evening Classes (taught in Italian)
- 3D Studio Max - Model making and 3D animation (taught in Italian)
- Events - From formulation to realization (taught in Italian)
• With two campuses in the heart of historic Rome, Italy, John Cabot University (JCU) is an independent, four-year American liberal arts university that provides undergraduate degrees & study abroad programs to English-speaking students from all over the world.
• We offer Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Associate of Arts degrees as well as semester and year-long study abroad programs, and summer courses.
• Our graduates are globally-recognized, and have been accepted at top-tier universities in the U.S. and Europe, and for being employed by well-known international companies.
• JCU is enriched with an international environment. Our diverse student body comprises about 1200 students from over 60 countries from the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe, and from more than 130 U.S. universities.
• Students benefit greatly from culturally conscious views and discussions through which they become well prepared for successful and productive engagements in our fast paced global world.
• JCU is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. All courses are taught in English, have small class sizes with an average of 15 students per class and are taught by faculty of international distinction.
• Whether you are pursuing a four-year degree or are seeking to study abroad, you will do so in the heart of Rome surrounded by the extraordinarily rich offerings of a city of culture, history, art, creativity, business and international affairs.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs (4-years)
• Associate of Arts Degree Programs (2-years)
• Year-long and Semester Abroad Programs
• Summer Study Programs
• Master of Arts (MA) in Art History
• Business Administration
• International Affairs
• Political Science
• Art History
• Classical Studies
• Economics and Finance
• English Literature
• Humanistic Studies
• International Business
• Italian Studies
Welcome to Istituto Marangoni University. We offer Fashion and Design Courses in Milan, Paris and London. Every year over 2,000 students from all over the world meet at Istituto Marangoni to pursue a shared dream: design and fashion. It is here in Milan at one of the Europe's leading creative schools that young, talented individuals find the expertise they need to become professionals in their field.
It is learning how to take advantage of the richness of the past that is the optimization of all components of a project. To be a good designer, you should acquire a keen understanding of people, cultures and belief systems. Upon acquiring the skills we teach you, you will finally be able to implement your own projects, manage collaborators and consultants effectively and jumpstart your career in any fashion company, including your own.
Basic, One-Year and Summer Fashion & Design Courses covering subjects such as Fashion Design; Fashion Styling; Fashion Business; Interior Design; Product Design. We also offer specialised Master Programmes. Courses are taught in Italian and English as well as French, Spanish and Portuguese for the Summer Courses. We have schools in Milan, Paris and London.
European Cultural Academy - Art, Architecture & Design Courses
Courses / Programs
• Experience Venice, Italy and the Venice Biennale together with like-minded students from all over the world with immersive and creative art & design courses from the European Cultural Academy (ECA).
• The aim of the ECA is to enhance knowledge and advance your career in architecture, art, design, and other creative industries.
• Our participants come from all backgrounds and the course is open for anyone with an interest in arts, architecture and culture.
• For more than a decade, we have helped creative communities to increase visibility, build connections and make a lasting impact on their careers.
• You and your peers are immersed in an inspiring environment led by renowned faculty and industry experts. Gain new skills to create greater impact with your work immediately.
• Prominent professors in related fields ensure a solid academic component and will enable you to gain a wider perspective.
• Our faculty includes artists, designers, curators, gallerists, architects and scholars that will help you to build necessary skills and enable you to navigate through an opaque and very competitive industry.
Contemporary Art, Architecture & Design Courses in summer, spring & fall - taught in English:
• Join for 1 week to focus on a particular topic
• Join for 2 weeks to cover wider field of subjects
• Join for 3 weeks for in-depth all-round experience and extra opportunities
Course Options: • Contemporary Art
• Contemporary Architecture - Opening Of The Architecture Biennale
• Contemporary Architecture
• Venice Architecture Biennale
• Design: The World Around Us
• 3-Day Venice Architecture Biennale Power Course
• Located in the heart of the historic city center, The Florence Art Studio provides intensive art programs taught in English to international students and professionals from around the world. We offer short, customized courses that teach the fundamentals of drawing and painting from life.
• Choose to study for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks or longer.
• Our programs can be divided into six discrete and sequentially progressive modules, each of which can be studied from one week to one month or longer. Alternatively, each module can be taken as a stand-alone course.
• The majority of our students are adult professionals of all backgrounds and levels, from complete beginner to advanced, who are passionate about Florence, the Renaissance, Painting & Drawing.
• Students work within a structured environment, under the guidance of an instructor who personally monitors their progress and development for three hours a day, and the remaining time is structured with other activity.
• Your drawing or painting program is intensively taught in an encouraging environment, with a great deal of personal attention given to each student, through intensive individual training and one on one lessons.
• Our studio is situated on Via Ghibellina, only a few steps from the main historic and artistic places of interest in the center of the city.
•"It was wonderful. Not only is the studio a magnificent space to work in, but also Gary is a brilliant instructor. I loved every moment of it." - Penny, UK