Scuola Toscana is an Italian language school located in the historical centre of Florence in the Tuscany region of Italy (approximately 3 hours north of Rome).
Recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, we provide a wide range of Italian language courses including intensive communication, university preparation, business, culture, art history and many more.
There are 6 levels from absolute beginners to advanced allowing you to reach the various levels of the European Language Portfolio.
Our Italian language courses open the doors for our students from all over the world, in order to get to know each other and their different cultures.
In the past 15 years, more than 8,000 students have discovered the Italian culture at our Italian language school.
Our classes consist of small groups, but we also cater for individuals offering private tuition courses. We organise extra-curricular activities in Italian language: visits of history of art, seminars, video evenings, excursions and more.
Student Testimonial: Scuola Toscana me taught me Italian grammar in the morning, found me a place to stay, and showed me where they have the best breakfasts and lunches at a fraction of the cost anywhere else in Florence..... The teachers are so nice and helpful, they're also experts on local history! You're in the best of hands with Scuola Toscana!
Italian Language Courses - Beginner to Advanced levels:
- General Italian courses
- Intensive Italian courses
- Private Italian classes
- Homestay Program (with a local Italian family)
- Italian University Preparation
- Family Holiday Italian courses (children & adults)
- Italian for Business
- Italian for Tourism
- Internship program (work experience placements)
- Italian Culture courses
- Italian Art History courses
- Italian Language + Jewellery courses
- Italian + Fashion & Design
- Italian + Music & Opera
- Italian + Wine & Cooking
• ABC DE' Conti provides a wide range of Italian language courses in the heart of Florence, Italy - Europe's eternal capital of the Renaissance.
• ABC DE' Conti is part of Accademia Riaci - a leading professional art and design school in Florence.
• We offer Italian language courses for all - from beginners to students at professional level who aspire to become interpreters, from those who would like to learn Italian used in everyday life, to technical Italian used in specific fields of art and design.
• Our Italian language courses feature the extensive and intensive teaching of Italian and Professional / Technical Italian courses, which will benefit the students who are going to study specialized areas of Italian culture.
• Following the "Direct Method", without the use of intermediate language, the student-teacher ratio is kept small so to maximize the communication in the class, as well as to keep close attention to each student's progress.
• Another advantage of studying at the school is that the students can enjoy various high-quality art & cultural lessons provided at Accademia Riaci, as well as getting internship opportunities made possible by the experience and history of Accademia Riaci.
Italian Language Courses: - Basic Beginner to Advanced Level
• Italian PLUS program (for beginners)
• Basic Standard Italian (Group / Semi-Private / Private lessons)
• Intensive Italian (Semi-Private / Private Courses)
• Business Italian classes
• Specialized 'Technical' Italian Classes for working in design, hospitality etc
• Italian Internship Program
• Homestay Program with Italian Teacher
• Professional Italian Interpreter Training
• Summer Italian Course
• Optional Art, Design, Cooking Courses
• Guided Art / Cultural Courses
Accademia Europea di Firenze (AEF) is an Italian language, culture, art and music school situated right in the heart of historic Florence in the Tuscany region of Italy. AEF offers a variety of Italian language courses for beginner, intermediate and advanced students, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs.
A range of standard Italian courses are available depending on how many hours per week you wish to study. You can also take intensive Italian courses, Italian for Business & Commerce, exam preparation courses for the CILS, CELI, DELI and DALI exams, private Italian lessons or combine group classes with one-on-one tuition. Our music, art and culture courses can be taken on their own or combined with Italian courses.
At AEF, our main objective is to offer high quality courses in every subject we teach, through fully qualified and highly trained instructors. The teachers at AEF are highly qualified professionals with plenty of teaching experience enabling you to make the most of your studies in Florence. For full Italian immersion, homestay accommodation with local host families is available.
- Standard Italian courses (10, 12, 16 or 20 hours of Italian lessons per week)
- Intensive Italian course
- Private Italian lessons
- Combined Italian course (Group classes + individual tuition)
- Yearly Italian program
- CILS, CELI, DELI and DALI exam preparation
- Business Italian
- Italian for Tourism
- Italian for Business & Commerce
- Art courses
- Music courses
- Italian cooking classes
- Italian culture courses
- Homestay program with an Italian host family
The Centro Machiavelli was founded in 1978, and is located in the historic centre of Florence, just a stone's throw from Palazzo Pitti and Ponte Vecchio, in the area of Santo Spirito. This neighbourhood is home to artisans and artists and as it is just off the beaten tourist track, the economic and social characteristics has been left intact. The school is in Piazza Santo Spirito itself, one of the finest squares of the city. With its bars and outdoor cafés, its daily market workshops and restaurants it is a favourite haunt of Florentines and thus provides our students opportunity to meet them. The Centro Machiavelli was founded in order to provide a response to a growing world-wide interest in Italian language and culture. Communication is the basis of our teaching method. One of the principal objectives is to promote interaction between the students and real day to day life in Florence and in Italy, providing linguistics school and cultural tools and creating opportunity for exchange.
Italian language courses, individual and in groups, year round at all levels.
- History of art program
- "Firenze nell'Arte" program (practical courses in artists studio and artisans workshops)
- Metallo Nobile program (school of jewellery crafting and design)
- "Musica e canto" program (courses for singers and opera enthusiasts)
- "Italian cooking" program (group courses and individual courses)
- Apprenticeship program (wine and food industry, fashion and design).
Koinè has expanded over time from its main school in Florence, with schools in Lucca, Cortona and Rio Marina on the Island of Elba (all in Tuscany), and Bologna, the capital city of the Emilia-Romagna region in northern Italy. The Koine Center is headquartered in the historic center of Florence, between Piazza Duomo and Piazza Santa Croce (bus 14 or 23 from the main train station or 10 minutes on foot). Today Koine offers its own didactic methods, its own text books, cassettes and videos, teachers specifically trained in these methods, lessons which are not limited purely to the teaching of the language, but completed by a series of introductory courses and guided visits to show our country’s hallmarks.
Accreditation: Our school gained official recognition from the Italian Ministry of Education in March 2002 and belongs to ASILS association of Italian schools for foreigners.
Italian Language and Culture group course; Combined Intensive Italian Course of group tuition & one-to-one lessons; Individual intensive Italian lessons such as Italian for economics, business, medicine, banking, history, art, or architecture; A Tutor Course (Homestay), a super-intensive course at the teacher's home, Italian Language Examination CILS Courses; Courses for teachers of Italian.
Located to the northeast of Florence in Settignano in northern Italy, the Tolomei Cultural Institute uses the city of Florence and its surrounding territory as a grand “laboratory” for language learning. Systematic reflection on the language and its structure is inserted into exciting communicative situations of discovery, suggested by the enormous literary and artistic patrimony of the city of Florence, which may well be considered the cradle of Italian culture. The language is considered as an instrument for communicating tradition, as a way of experiencing the world around us (culture, food, fashion, sport, etc.), and as a means for expressing beauty (literature, theatre, painting, architecture, music, etc.).
The method is based on a direct relationship between the student and teacher, whose aim is to provide each participant with the knowledge necessary for acquiring the language. The starting point of each lesson will be a real life communicative situation. Thanks to the historic and artistic setting of the surrounding territory, the language may be learned in conjunction with the discovery of the world of Florence.
Situated in the heart of Florence, Italy, EUROPASS, Centro Studi Europeo is an accredited Italian language and culture school that provides a wide range of beginner to advanced level Italian classes and culture courses. Each year, EUROPASS welcomes students from all over the world who wish to learn or perfect their knowledge of the Italian language and culture.
Language study options include Standard and Intensive Italian group classes, Private One-on-One courses, Part-time courses, Weekend courses, Italian Exam Preparation, and Italian for Professionals among others. Our culture classes include Italian History, Cinema, Literature, and more.
At EUROPASS we aim to create a comfortable, familiar yet professional atmosphere, and all of our staff try to put our students at ease and satisfy every request that they may make. Our teaching method is based on modern and innovative principles which allow our students to communicate in every day situations with ease and confidence.
In addition to Italian language and culture courses, the Centre also offers art courses (painting, sculpture, fresco painting), specialized music classes as well as cooking courses.
Beginner to Advanced Level Italian Language Courses:
- Standard Italian
- Intensive Italian
- Grammar course
- Conversation course
- Part time course
- One / Two-on-One Private course
- Combined Group & Private course
- Weekend Course
- Italian Exam Preparation (CELI, CIC, CILS)
- Italian for Professionals
Italian Culture Courses:
- Italian Art History
- Middle Ages to the Renaissance
- Contemporary Florence
- Italian History
- Italy in the European Union
- Italian Literature
- Italian Cinema
The Istituto Michelangelo is a school of Italian language for foreigners / international students conveniently located in Florence in Tuscany, Northern Italy. The school is open all year round and Italian language courses are offered on six levels, according to the student's knowledge of Italian. Besides these, the school also offers history of art, applied art courses, Italian culture courses, Italian cooking courses, as well as organising free-time activities, such as city visits and out-of-town excursions. Accommodation is offered in families, flats and studios.
Visits to museums, participation in concerts, excursions in Tuscany and to other art towns in Italy, showings of films, towns of cultural and artistic interest conferences about Italian culture, dinners in restaurants, meetings with Italian students, visits to markets, and evening entertainment are organised by the school staff, who, besides teaching, give special attention to student ‘get-togethers’.
- Intensive Italian language courses, six levels, from beginner to diploma
- Specialisation course in Italian language
- Italian course for business
- Italian course for the tourist industry
- Italian history of art course
- Italian cooking course
- Painting and Drawing course
- Fresco course
- Sculpture and ceramics course
- Mosaic course
- Digital and analog photography course
Founded in 1977, Scuola Leonardo da Vinci is located in the historical centers of Florence, Rome, Milan and Siena. It ranks among the best known language institutes in Italy and can offer you 30 years experience in teaching Italian in Italy.
Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Italian language school in Florence is situated in a beautiful historical palazzo with a magnificent view of the Cathedral. Located in the centre of downtown Florence, Tuscany, you may reach the most famous sights in a few minutes' walk.
Our Italian language courses have a duration of minimum 2 weeks up to 48 weeks and the prices are competitive. Starting dates are every week (except for beginners who can start every two weeks). Our classes allow a maximum of 12 students per class and only 5 for our small group courses.
Our school in Florence occupies an entire 3 floor building and has 18 spacious and luminous classrooms. The ground floor is dedicated to the recreational area where you can read the newspapers, have a coffee with your fellow students or do your homework. On the first floor, you can find the classrooms, the secretary office, the multimedia classroom and the free internet point.
- Intensive Course with 4 lessons/day
- Intensive Course with 6 lessons/day
- Intensive Plus Courses with 4 lessons in a standard course, plus 1 / 2 private tutorials each day
- Long-Term Courses with 4 lessons per day (min. 12 weeks)
- Academic School Year (min. 32 weeks)
- Courses for Musical Specialization
- Sabbatical Year with 4 lessons per day (min. 48 weeks)
- Italian Language and Culture Course "La Dolce Vita" for Seniors (1 week)
- Exam Preparation Courses for Diploma AIL-Exams, CILS & CELI...
The Italian language school Parola is located in the heart of Florence and it is well-known for its Italian language courses for foreigners. The Italian institute Parola offers group and individual lessons of Italian, supplementary cultural classes and free time activities. Our school also prepares students for the CILS certificate with a dedicated course and provides Italian language lessons for Au Pairs in Florence.
The Italian language courses are held in the historical center of Florence, from Monday through Friday, in a pleasant and friendly environment. The school has professional and courteous teachers and classes are open to students of all ages.