Cornell University: Accelerated MBA Program:
Located in Ithaca NY, Cornell University's Johnson School is one of the Top-Rated MBA schools of management in the U.S. We provide a One-year Accelerated MBA program to qualified individuals. Our Accelerated MBA program begins with an intensive 10-week summer term that covers orientation, core courses, leadership and professional development work. Remaining core courses are completed in the fall semester, along with a semester-long management practicum and a two-week internship. Electives are taken during the spring semester.
Accelerated MBA Program Format
Intended for full-time students, the program is delivered in twelve consecutive months. Three semesters of residency (includes summer). Credit for prior work: Since our Accelerated MBA Program degree candidates enter with some relevant prior graduate coursework, we grant them 15 course credits toward the 60 required for an MBA degree.
Our Accelerated MBA degree program begins in May with an intensive ten-week term.
- Orientation. We provide abundant information about your new home and encourage you to explore and get involved in the Johnson School, Cornell, and the surrounding area.
- Core courses. The summer curriculum incorporates most of the required "core" courses: financial accounting, managerial finance, managing and leading in organizations, marketing management, microeconomics for management, and strategy.
- Statistics. Prior study and/or a one-week refresher course enable most Accelerated MBAs to pass a statistics exemption exam and receive course credit for this requirement.
- Professional development. The summer also focuses heavily on teamwork and leadership, strategic thinking, and career preparation.
- Halfway there. By the end of the summer, students in our Accelerated MBA degree program generally have completed 34 course hours – more than half the number required for graduation the following May.
Fall and Spring Semesters
- Core courses. The remaining core course in managing organizations is taken during the fall semester.
- Semester-long management practicum plus two-week internship. We enhance the Accelerated MBA experience with a package of three special elective courses that form a management practicum. Students work with one of our Consultants-in-Residence on projects with companies of particular interest to Accelerated MBAs, including biotech, technology, finance, and pharmaceutical. Other faculty and a team advisor provide guidance on issues as needed. The practicum project lasts throughout the fall semester and culminates with a two-week internship experience in which students conduct interviews, analysis, and group work sessions.
- Electives. Among the benefits of a Johnson School MBA are the rich array of about 80 Johnson School elective courses from which to choose, and the opportunity to add some from Cornell's other outstanding schools and programs.
- Finish in May. Just one year after starting in our Accelerated MBA program, you'll be back out in the workforce, armed with world-class knowledge and skills, and an Ivy League MBA.
Email: Contact Us
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.