Independent schools in Texas: Private schools in Irving, Montessori preschools in Dallas area, private elementary school, pre-kindergarten programs, early childhood education, child care center, daycare service in DFW metroplex
Redeemer Montessori School: Redeemer Montessori School (RMS), located in Irving, Texas, is a private Montessori school offering programs to children ages 2-1/2 to 10 years. RMS was founded in 1978 with an enrollment of five children. The school now operates at a capacity with 130 students and 18 staff members, and incorporates a progressive academic program for our children. RMS is an affiliate with the American Montessori Society (AMS), and the teachers are Montessori certified. The governing body of the school is the church vestry, while the daily operation of the school is the responsibility of the director, Jennifer Davey.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
The Montessori method is an approach to learning that stimulates the child’s interests and facilitates his/her understanding and learning capacities. The Montessori approach is developmental whereby children are challenged, but not frustrated, by the presentation of appropriate learning experiences.
Courses / Programs:
- Preprimary (ages 2-1/2 to 6)
- Elementary (ages 6 to 12)
- Music Program
- Physical Education
- Foreign Language
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Hot Lunch
- Chess Club
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Kenmont Montessori School is an independent, non-denominational school serving over 300 students 18 months through 6th grade. Kenmont is designed to attract and benefit parents and students who have an interest in the Montessori educational design. Our toddler, primary and elementary programs are based on the Montessori method.
The Montessori child is a motivated doer, rather than empty vessel. The Montessori child learns through self-instigated actions on his environment. The academic curriculum is composed of three components; presentation of concepts, review of basic skills, and research. As part of our programs we also use the MicroSociety model.
Students in grades 4th, 5th and 6th grade participate weekly in this simulated society where learning experiences are authentic and interconnected to the real world. By following the guiding principles of the MicroSociety organization, student are able to find meaning and relevance in their environment. Kenmont Montessori School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Programs for children from 18 months through 6th grade
- Montessori curriculum including math, reading, literature, grammar, geography, history, science and writing
- MicroSociety Model where learning experiences are authentic and interconnected to the real world
- Toddler Program (18 months - 3 years)
- Primary Program (3 - 6 years)
- Elementary Program (1st - 6th grades)
Located in Houston in Harris County, TX, Awty International School is a private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school offering programs from preschool through to 12th grade. We are unique among Houston's private schools in that our multi-national student body and strong language programs provide a multi-cultural experience not available elsewhere. Each student takes a second language, English, French or Spanish. We also offer native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic & Dutch.
We offer students two academic programs: A traditional American college preparatory curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate or the French Baccalaureate. Students in both International Baccalaureate and French Baccalaureate programs must meet the requirements for an American high school diploma which includes credits in fine arts, computer science and American history.
Awty International School is accredited by the Council for International Schools (C.I.S). With 50 nationalities in our student body, our students learn from each other about countries around the world. There simply is no other school in Houston which offers these unique opportunities.
College Preparatory Curriculum for Children in Preschool through 12th Grade:
- Leading to the International Baccalaureate or French Baccalaureate:
- International Section
- French Section
- Primary, Middle and Upper Schools
- All students take a second language - English, French or Spanish
- Native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic and Dutch
- Subjects include English, history, mathematics, science, foreign Language, computer science, P.E. and fine arts
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, St. Luke School is a Catholic elementary school serving students in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade. We offer an exciting elementary program with language arts, social studies, math, science, religion, music, technology, library and P.E. The school clearly is unique in that it provides a small school setting with a low teacher student ratio. Our highly qualified and trained teachers provide students an education based on high standards and expectations.
The goal of educating the whole child is realized with opportunities to become critical thinkers, problem solvers and active community members by participating in service and extracurricular activities throughout the year. St. Luke Catholic School is a fully accredited school in accordance to the guidelines of the Texas Catholic Conference Accreditation Commission (TCCED), which is recognized by the Texas Education Agency of the State of Texas.
- Programs from pre-kindergarten through 6th grade
- Elementary School Curriculum with language arts, social studies, math, science, religion
- Enrichment Programs include music, library, technology and P.E
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in the Houston area for your child?
• Conveniently located in Rice Village, just five minutes from Downtown Houston, Crossing Borders provides beginner to advanced level Spanish language classes for kids ages 18 months to 12 years.
• Courses include including Spanish immersion preschool, Spanish kindergarten, year-round Spanish classes, and Spanish summer / spring / winter camps.
• We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our students through bilingualism, and our age-appropriate teaching means that you or your child can learn Spanish in a fun and effective way.
• Our classes place an emphasis on conversation and small groups; allowing students plenty of opportunity to practice and excel. Students are taught by trained and experienced native speakers who conduct lessons exclusively in Spanish. All of our instructors are college-educated, and many hold masters degrees.
Parent Review: "My son is only 4 but he is already reading basic Spanish sentences, and it has proven invaluable to my son’s Spanish fluency that she always insists her students ONLY speak Spanish in her classroom." - Elizabeth
Located in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas, Dance Center offers dance classes in pre-ballet, ballet, jazz, jazz combo, teenage ballet and hip-hop to children of three years upwards, teenagers and adults. Dance Center has been serving students of all ages and levels in the lower Rio Grande Valley since 2004. Dance Center was founded by Nancy Houston Filizola, with the goal of building a thriving dance school with a focus on technique, tradition and the love of dance.
Today, Dance Center is well known for its fun, endearing combo classes for the very young, the strong and successful Youth Developmental Dance Program based on Dance Masters of America syllabus, its award winning Competitive Dance Companies, and the world renowned Performance Awards program in affiliation with The American Academy of Ballet. Recreational students as well as students seeking professional careers in dance, receive professional instruction by highly trained instructors, passionate about teaching and dance.
- Dance Classes in pre-ballet, ballet, jazz, jazz combo, teenage ballet and hip-hop for children of three years upwards and teenagers
- Youth Developmental Dance Program based on Dance Masters of America syllabus
- Performance Awards program in affiliation with the American Academy of Ballet
- Dancing competitions
- We also offer programs for adults
• A leading provider of accredited homeschool education, Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) offers comprehensive, NCAA-approved online courses with flexible scheduling to homeschooling students in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
• Developed for students in Texas and throughout the U.S., ALA uses the state-of-the-art Odysseyware Curriculum, and a homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, as well as an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We also offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes, college entrance assistance, and summer classes. Students are also welcome to take single classes. Access to our online courses is available 24/7.
• ALA welcomes students with special needs, and they will have the opportunity to receive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy through our school.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online Homeschool Programs: - For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
Curriculum features include:
• Anytime online access
• Rigorous core, elective & career courses
• Complete online learning experience
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• College preparation assistance
• Interactive digital content
• Customizable, personal curriculum
• Homeschool diploma awarded on successful completion of the program