LIPA - Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts: The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) in North-West England, is dedicated to providing the best teaching and learning for people who want to pursue a lasting career in the arts and entertainment economy. We provide education and training in performing arts, theatre and performance design and technology and management disciplines in a hands-on, collaborative environment. We offer undergraduate degrees and diploma programmes to UK and International students. We also offer weekend performing arts classes for 4 - 19 year olds and a wide range of part-time courses for adults.
Undergraduate Degree & Foundation Diploma Courses:
We are the only institution in the UK devoted to providing integrated Higher Education programmes across the seven main disciplines that we teach. We are not a conventional dance, drama or music school, although the standard of professional training reflects the best of such institutions. Our programmes also differ from traditional university departments that focus on academic study.
We combine the best of both. You will leave with a high level of professional skill or skills, an ability to reflect on your work and a deep understanding of the performing arts and your place within them.
Full-time, BA (Hons) degree programmes (3 years):
- Acting (Performing Arts) - Community Drama - Dance (Performing Arts) - Music, Theatre & Entertainment Management - Music - Music (Performing Arts) - Sound Technology - Theatre & Performance Design - Theatre & Performance Technology
Foundation Diploma Programmes: We also run full-time one year Foundation Diplomas. Our Foundation Diplomas are ideal if you wish to undertake a one-year, full-time, intensive, vocationally orientated Performing Arts or Popular Music & Sound Technology programme. They start in September each year.They are designed to help you realise your potential and make the next step into degree-level study within the higher education sector, or at LIPA. Exceptionally, students may move directly into employment.
- Performing Arts (Acting) - Performing Arts (Dancing) - Performing Arts (Singing) - Popular Music and Sound Technology
We also offer weekend performing arts classes for 4 - 19 year olds and a wide range of part-time courses for adults.
The London Beauty Academy, based in Friern Barnet, North London, is a City & Guilds Beauty Training school. Our aim is to provide you with the best training, covering all aspects of beauty.
As we are a City & Guilds Centre, on completion of your course, you will receive your internationally recognised City & Guilds qualification, giving you the freedom and peace of mind to know that you are able to work within the beauty industry, without having to pay for any more courses or exams afterwards, and also knowing that you will be able to gain employment within the industry, with the required qualifications.
Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design, London
Courses / Programs
The Cass (The Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design) is one of ten departments of London Metropolitan University, and is situated on the East London City fringe, a vibrant area recognised as a centre of excellence for both art and design. This unique environment of commerce, art galleries and design workshops exposes our students to the highest levels of professional practice.
We are proud to welcome a diversity of international students onto our courses. The department offers two courses designed to help international students prepare for study. The International Foundation Programme is a foundation year combining art, media and design studies with English Language to prepare students for degree level study. The International Pre-Masters is a one semester programme to prepare international students for postgraduate study in the department. We also offer a wide variety of options for internationa students who wish to take a study year abroad as part of the JYA or ERASMUS programmes.
We offer a wide range of courses including short courses, a foundation year leading to extended degrees across our portfolio, foundation degrees and degrees, taught masters, research masters and PhD/MPhil.
- Art, Media & Design
- Polymer Technology
- Design, Production & Manufacture
- Fine Art
- Media & Communications
- Music & Technology
- Restoration & Conservation
plus a wide range of postgraduate degree courses...
Jo Hamilton is one of Britain's most sought-after independent interior designers, renowned for her flair in the use of colour and space. Her interior design courses - evening, weekend and day courses in central London - are aimed at everyone. Her courses are based on her belief that interior design can be made accessible to anyone - and that by understanding a few key design principles, even the least-confident and experienced can design interiors that work.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) coursesfor international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there."
- Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Based in Devon in the UK, The Holistic Design Institute is a specialist UK registered college that offers distance study courses that use colour and design, creating beautiful, healthy and eco-friendly homes and gardens that offer support and healing to everyone who uses them.
We offer specialist distance learning Diploma courses in Holistic Interior Design, Healing Garden Design, Colour Therapeutics for Interiors, Transformative Therapy with art and music, Feng Shui consultancy and Japanese garden design.
All our Diplomas lead to an International qualification and are suitable for anyone looking for a new career using creative and design skills to create a more green, sustainable and caring community minded society.
Our courses are also good for professionals who want to expand their knowledge and increase their client base and expand their business.
We welcome students from all over the world and give a personal and friendly service.
We offer a number of different study modes, email, CD or workbook (UK only) and you can study at your own speed. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and personal college that offers tuition and guidance from experts in the field.
Prescott & Mackay School of Fashion and Accesory Design
Courses / Programs
Prescott & Mackay offers a unique range of short courses in fashion & accessory design from studios in London, San Francisco, Berkeley, New York and Melbourne. Courses run from beginner to advanced levels, and include shoemaking, bag making, belt making, corsetry, millinery and tutu making. Students can choose between group sessions, and private tuition.
All P&M tutors are among the best in their fields in the world, and many of them are world-renowned designers themselves. The concept for Prescott & Mackay was formulated in 1997 by British founder Melissa Needham, member of the British Footwear Association and Royal Society of the Arts. She recognised a rising passion for shoe and accessory design, yet a distinct lack of provision for those who were unable to attend full time study.
"I haven't had so much fun for ages. The teaching atmosphere was wonderful and I came away having made a pair of shoes I couldn't wait to show off. I couldn't believe I'd made them myself and nor could anyone else!"
- Caroline, Preston
- Shoemaking (Beginner to Advanced 1 & 2-day Workshops)
- Bag Making (1, 2 or 5-day Intensive Courses)
- Belt Making (1-day Beginners Course)
- Corsetry (Beginner to Advanced Classes)
- Tutu Making (2-day Courses)
- Millinery (Hat Making)
- Create Your Own Course
- 1-on-1 Private Tuition
- Industry Training
- Corporate Events