LIPA - Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts: The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) in North-West England, is dedicated to providing the best teaching and learning for people who want to pursue a lasting career in the arts and entertainment economy. We provide education and training in performing arts, theatre and performance design and technology and management disciplines in a hands-on, collaborative environment. We offer undergraduate degrees and diploma programmes to UK and International students. We also offer weekend performing arts classes for 4 - 19 year olds and a wide range of part-time courses for adults.
Undergraduate Degree & Foundation Diploma Courses:
We are the only institution in the UK devoted to providing integrated Higher Education programmes across the seven main disciplines that we teach. We are not a conventional dance, drama or music school, although the standard of professional training reflects the best of such institutions. Our programmes also differ from traditional university departments that focus on academic study.
We combine the best of both. You will leave with a high level of professional skill or skills, an ability to reflect on your work and a deep understanding of the performing arts and your place within them.
Full-time, BA (Hons) degree programmes (3 years):
- Acting (Performing Arts) - Community Drama - Dance (Performing Arts) - Music, Theatre & Entertainment Management - Music - Music (Performing Arts) - Sound Technology - Theatre & Performance Design - Theatre & Performance Technology
Foundation Diploma Programmes: We also run full-time one year Foundation Diplomas. Our Foundation Diplomas are ideal if you wish to undertake a one-year, full-time, intensive, vocationally orientated Performing Arts or Popular Music & Sound Technology programme. They start in September each year.They are designed to help you realise your potential and make the next step into degree-level study within the higher education sector, or at LIPA. Exceptionally, students may move directly into employment.
- Performing Arts (Acting) - Performing Arts (Dancing) - Performing Arts (Singing) - Popular Music and Sound Technology
We also offer weekend performing arts classes for 4 - 19 year olds and a wide range of part-time courses for adults.
Welcome to JoeDaisy Studio. We are a Professional Art Studio, located in a Grade II listed building in the conservation area of Mapledurham, just outside Reading, Berkshire, South East England, 45 miles (70 km) west of London. We have a Painting Studio, where everyone has their own Professional Easel, painting table, paints, brushes, canvases, high stool etc. We also have an upstairs Lounge, with art books and a photo library plus an art gallery.
We offer you a variety of Painting Holidays and Courses in a Professional Studio and with a Master Painter & her artists. All your professional art materials are provided. Our courses are very exciting, different and creative. Your tutor paints along with you and guides you through every stage. Brush control, brush strokes, different techniques for different effects, composition, tonal values, focal points, colour balance, perspective and drawing. The emphasis is on you and developing your own style. We want to bring out the artist in you. So the courses are not 'prescriptive' but designed to help you learn to paint.
We offer you a variety of Painting Holidays and Courses in a Professional Studio. All professional materials provided. Studio Hours 8.30am-6.30pm Monday to Sunday (7 days week). We can also arrange accommodation for weekend and week stays.
Jo Hamilton is one of Britain's most sought-after independent interior designers, renowned for her flair in the use of colour and space. Her interior design courses - evening, weekend and day courses in central London - are aimed at everyone. Her courses are based on her belief that interior design can be made accessible to anyone - and that by understanding a few key design principles, even the least-confident and experienced can design interiors that work.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
Based in Devon in the UK, The Holistic Design Institute is a specialist UK registered college that offers distance study courses that use colour and design, creating beautiful, healthy and eco-friendly homes and gardens that offer support and healing to everyone who uses them.
We offer specialist distance learning Diploma courses in Holistic Interior Design, Healing Garden Design, Colour Therapeutics for Interiors, Transformative Therapy with art and music, Feng Shui consultancy and Japanese garden design.
All our Diplomas lead to an International qualification and are suitable for anyone looking for a new career using creative and design skills to create a more green, sustainable and caring community minded society.
Our courses are also good for professionals who want to expand their knowledge and increase their client base and expand their business.
We welcome students from all over the world and give a personal and friendly service.
We offer a number of different study modes, email, CD or workbook (UK only) and you can study at your own speed. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and personal college that offers tuition and guidance from experts in the field.
The London Centre of Contemporary Music is located at 50 - 52 Union Street, Southwark, London, SE1 1TD. We provide a wide range of music performance and production courses such as short part time evening courses, weekend and summer courses, fully accredited HND and NVQ Level 4 combined courses in Music Production and Performance as well as specialist courses aimed at professional musicians. Acceptance is done on the basis of an initial assessment. Call the admission office to book an appointment.
Part time evening courses, weekend and summer programmes, fully accredited HND and NVQ Level 4 combined courses in Music Production and Performance as well as specialist courses aimed at professional musicians.
Photoion Photography in Central London is a professional photographic training school offering weekend photography courses and workshops for beginners to advanced students throughout the year. Photoion provides professional photographic training that gives you the knowledge and hands-on practical experience to learn how to make properly exposed and beautiful photographs. Whether you are new with photography, want to improve your skills or simply want to take better pictures on holiday, Photoion is the place to learn photography quickly and effectively.
You will be taught with professional methods including power point presentation projected on a large screen, physical examples, practical exercises, impromptu demonstrations, tests, etc. You will get to go out and practice with the camera. You will also receive a PDF version of the full course material on a CD.
Weekend Photography Courses and Workshops in London:
- Digital Photography Course for Beginners
- Digital Photography Course for Intermediates
- Special Photographic Techniques Workshops
- Photographing Southbank by Night Workshop
- Portrait Photography Course
- Studio Lighting Photography Course
- Product Photography Course in London