JoeDaisy Studio, Reading:
Welcome to JoeDaisy Studio. We are a Professional Art Studio, located in a Grade II listed building in the conservation area of Mapledurham, just outside Reading, Berkshire, South East England, 45 miles (70 km) west of London. We have a Painting Studio, where everyone has their own Professional Easel, painting table, paints, brushes, canvases, high stool etc. We also have an upstairs Lounge, with art books and a photo library plus an art gallery. We offer you a variety of Painting Holidays and Courses in a Professional Studio. All professional art materials provided. Our courses are exciting, different and creative. Your tutor guides you through every stage. Brush control, brush strokes, different techniques for different effects, composition, tonal values, focal points, colour balance, perspective and drawing. The emphasis is on you and developing your own style. We want to bring out the artist in you. So the courses are not designed to help you learn to paint.
We don't want to boast (too much!) but we have been told we are the best art course. We do have ten secret weapons(!)
1. Caroline(!) and her artists - all trained by Your Master painter and Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
2. All your quality Professional materials provided (Students have said using the best Professional paints and brushes we supply makes such a difference. Most sudents have never used such quality)
3. A course designed exclusively to give you the best content and teaching
4. A Professional Art Studio in a Grade II Listed building, located in an outstanding conservation area
5. Complete Professionalism & experience
6. Outstanding testimonials
7. Lovely friendly staff who do their utmost to make your time in the Studio the very best!
8. Non Prescriptive courses (we don't tell you to sit in front of something and paint it but teaching and guidance is given at all times. Plus emphasis on developing your Style)
9. After Service: a) Help by email. Ask Caroline any question and she will reply within 12-24 hours. She gets lots of emails from students who have attended the courses - asking her how to improve the painting. What first colour wash. How they can 'simplify' a scene etc.
10. You can come into the Studio and use the space and materials anytime you want to (Subject to availability)
We offer you a variety of Painting Holidays and Courses in a Professional Studio. All professional materials provided. Studio Hours 8.30am-6.30pm Monday to Sunday (7 days week). We can also arrange accommodation for weekend and week stays.
I really, really had a great time. I will certainly be back though will get some practice in first. Perhaps later in the year - and I am tempted by Spain too!
I went for a long walk today and realised that what i want to put on canvas is what I feel - not what I see - so I'm going to use that as my 'concept' does that sound ok?
Take care - you are a brilliant teacher. Jo.
Cat - just wanted to say thank you for the brilliant course at the weekend and what a nice group. I really enjoyed it and felt that I was able to build on what I had learned in the previous course. It has given me a lot more confidence to carry on painting at home. I forgot to take my camera with me so I would love a copy of the picture you took. Would you mind e-mailing it to me?
Robin - thanks again for the lunches and for picking me up and taking me back to the station which was a great help.
Hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes. Marie
Greendene Farm house - which is spotlessly clean. Run by a lovely lady called Lynette - she is also the Housekeeper for the Mapledurham House. Accommodation includes full English breakfast - which we've heard is fantastic! The Farmhouse is just under 2 miles from us.
We are near Ascot (the races), Windsor (the races, Legoland, Windsor Castle) Henley (river Thames, Henley Regatta,) Bracknell (good swiming pool) Reading (Beale Park) and there are lots of things to do - if you want to come with a non-painting partner or children. London is only 30 minutes away by train to Paddington.
The Club at Mapledurham
There is a very excellent Health Spa called Nirvana - twenty minutes from us - web site - often frequented by one of our artists (we must pay her too much!) You can get massages and treatments or just lounge in one of their very many pools.
Mapledurham is a well known area for walkers and cyclists - there are a number of tow paths and special walks. It is very beautiful scenery and you can walk to Pangbourne.
The Caversham Princess - cruises from Caversham to Mapledurham
Reading - which is 10 minutes away has a very large shopping centre - called the Oracle
London is only 30 minutes by train to Paddington.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Mapledurham, Dons Yard, Reading, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.