Short & long-term English courses in UK for international students: Residential English camps for children & teenagers, summer English language courses for international students, ESL school for juniors in East Sussex, close to London, Brighton.
Greenfields Short & Long-Term EFL College: Located in East Sussex in south-east England, Greenfields Independent Day and Boarding School provides an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) programme for international students (ages 11-18) who need to improve their spoken and written English in order to be able to study other subjects effectively in English, or who just want to improve their command of the language. English language study options include short-term courses (1-6 weeks), or long term courses (1 term - 1 year). Conveniently located just 30 miles from London and 30 miles from Brighton, we also provide courses that run during the Summer and Easter holidays.
Residential English Language Courses for International Students Ages 11-18: Greenfields EFL Curriculum consists primarily of a programme of phonics, and reading along with written and spoken exercises designed to increase a student’s ability to read and speak English on a gradient appropriate to each individual.
Our courses provide a well-rounded education in English reading, writing, culture and conversation. Lessons are complemented with outings and many other activities all in the heart of the English countryside yet close to London and the coast and only 20 minutes from London’s Gatwick airport. Cambridge English exams are optional. Courses include:
- Short-Term Courses: 1 - 6 week options, minimum 16 hours English lessons per week - Long-Term Courses: 1 term - 1 year, 14 hours English instruction per week
Assessment An initial assessment establishes a student’s level of understanding of English and they are placed at the appropriate point on the EFL programme. Reading, writing and phonics tests are then done at regular intervals to help monitor the progress of individual students. At the end of the EFL class, a student will have attained a level of competence in English appropriate to that student’s age, demonstrated by an ability to study, write and converse in English at that level.
Completion of the EFL Programme is based on attainment of an established level of competence with the English language, both written and oral, rather than on the amount of time the student has spent in the EFL class.
1-week English Language Summer Courses: Greenfields School developed the English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Programme for international students who need to improve their spoken and written English in order to be able to study other subjects effectively in English, or who just want to improve their command of the language. Come to Greenfields School and practise your English for one or more fun filled, educational weeks during July and August. Students learn and improve English both in lessons, and on regular outings.
Students live on site in our Boarding House which has: - A caring, family atmosphere - Qualified and friendly staff - Welcoming rooms with views across the beautiful Sussex countryside - Lounge, games room, tennis and basketball courts, football pitch - A quality seven-day-a-week catering service with a qualified French chef - Tailor-made taxi services to and from Gatwick and Heathrow - Children from all over the world
• St Brelade's College is an English language school located on the British island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, approximately 20 miles off the French coast and 80 miles south of England.
• We provide a range of year-round and summer English language courses for students aged 10-18 years including intensive, private lessons, holiday programmes or residential programmes. We offer courses for individuals or groups.
• Established in 1978, St Brelade’s College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK. We offer a varying weekly activity programme, visiting places of interest, such as conservation parks and castles, and arranging activities and social evenings.
• We provide a holiday package that allows our students to practise and learn the English language, along with having a memorable stay.
• Our students have the choice of staying in homestay accommodation with one of our host families on the island, in a summer residence or in hotel accommodation.
Student Testimonial: "Morning classes dramatically improved our English. We did activities, games and others things. It was very entertaining. I saw the results this year on my grades." Arethuse, 15, France, 2 week summer holiday course
Target English International is a British Council-accredited company that specialises in the provision of summer English language courses for students ages 11-18 from the UK and around the world.
We offer English summer courses at over 10 different centres in UK, including London (Camden & Hendon), Liverpool, Nottingham, Bath, Eastbourne, Hatfield, and Hull.
Since 2009, we have welcomed over 13,000 junior students to our summer courses across the UK. Our senior management team have a wealth of experience in junior summer schools with over 44 years’ experience in this specialist sector between them.
"This place is wonderful! I had a great time and met a lot of new friends. The places we visited looked like part of a film!"
- Eugenia, Spain
Summer English Language Courses:
- For students ages 11-18. Features include:
- 15 hours’ English language tuition per week (20 lessons per week of 45 minutes each lesson)
- Trinity College London GESE Examination included
- Maximum 15 students per class
- 5 levels & syllabuses based on the CEFR
- Oral & written placement test to select class level
- All learning materials included and notebook provided
- Graded certificate awarded upon completion
UK High School Immersion (UKHSI) work with EIGHT English High Schools in Sussex, located in the South of England. The aim of UKHSI is to provide high school places for individuals and groups of students and accommodation in a host family.
A UKHSI will ‘mirror’ the timetable of an English student who will be their buddy throughout the trip.
You can book a high school place for one week or one term or up to a full academic year. The choice is yours.
Book a High school immersion course with UKHSI today.
Why choose UK High School Immersion?
Experiencing an English High school is a great way to improve your English language ability and make new friends in England. We have placed students in schools in Sussex since 2012 and have had very positive feedback from the schools we collaborate with and the students. e provide every aspect of your trip; the airport transfer, full board accommodation, a place at a high school, social progamme, and a school report if required.
UKHSI student takes part in every aspect of school life and is assigned for the duration of their stay.
Established in 1996, International College of English is a professional family-run school providing a range of year-round English language courses and summer schools for students aged from 7 to 17 years old.
Our courses are offered with Home Stay Accommodation or Residential Campus options, with three locations in Portsmouth (a Seaside City on the South Coast), Reigate in beautiful Surrey (south west of London), and St Albans in Hertfordshire (North of London, between Watford and Luton).
Our programmes include an exciting cultural program visiting major cities, workshops and outside classroom activities to open the minds of our clients.
We offer courses to Juniors from all walks of life and from all countries. We are specialised in school groups but also take individual students.
We pride ourselves on care and attention being of paramount importance.
Our Dynamic Teaching Team and Leaders are with the students at all times, helping them, supervising them and making sure they are safe.
With In House Cambridge Examiners for UCLES, all our courses are designed to both help students build confidence and enjoy English together with helping them strive to reach personal development and success with Language Exams.
Students will live and learn in a safe and welcoming home, where every student counts, side by side with their teachers and staff who will attend to their every need.
Designed for juniors and teenagers, 7-17 years
Lessons are dynamic and fun, for building confidence and developing personal skills
Day 1 Arrival and welcome Party
Day 2 ESL (3 hours) + St Albans City Visit with Orientation Activity/Tour + Challenge Night
Day 3 ESL (3 hours) + London. Natural History/Science Museum + Karaoke
Day 4 ESL (3 hours) + Human Cluedo/British Sports + Fashion Show
Day 5 ESL (3 hours) + Watford +Didactic Activity + Quiz Night
Day 6 ESL (3 hours) + Oxford. Tour of Trinity + Film Night
Day 7 Tour of London + Diploma Ceremony and Party
Day 8 Milton Keynes/ Lake/ departure.
• Reach Cambridge is a well-established residential school based in the prestigious university city of Cambridge, 50 miles north-east of London in the East Anglia region in the east of England.
• We provide residential spring and summer courses for high school / secondary school students ages 14-18 from the UK and around the globe. Students learn in the historic colleges of Cambridge University, and meet students from all over the world.
• Students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
• Our challenging and vibrant spring and summer courses have multiple start dates for greater flexibility.
• All Reach Cambridge courses are designed to provide unique introductions to favourite academic subjects at University level.
• Taught by experts in the field through interactive lessons & workshops, they make the most of what Cambridge University has to offer.
• We combine excellent academic courses with a university preparation program, including evening lectures, workshops on life skills & mentoring from our excellent team of supervisors.
• Courses also include excursions to places of cultural interest around the UK, in the past these have included London, Oxford, Warwick, Brighton & Stratford-upon-Avon.
Review: "The Reach Cambridge program provides a unique learning experience with small classes, great excursions and a taste of University life. It is one of the greatest summer programmes available." - Reach Cambridge Student
2 or 4 week Summer Camps in July / August - For students ages 14-18
• SAT Preparation
• English Literature
• Computer Science
• Journalism & Media
• Physics & Astronomy
• Physics & Engineering
• Life Sciences & Medicine
• Drama & Performing Arts
• Politics & International Relations
• English Literature & Creative Writing
• Economics & Business Management
Kildinan Parkdale Farm (Horse-riding + English Courses)
Courses / Programs
• Join us in summer 2018 for an unforgettable horse-riding & English language learning experience for international students ages 10-18 in the beautiful south-east England!
• Situated in the historic, cultural town of Battle in East Sussex (90 km south-east of London and 50 km east of Brighton seaside resort), Kildinan Park Dale Farm provides one and two-week, residential, English + Horse Riding summer camps for riders and learners of all levels.
• Students will be welcomed into the family home for their English summer course with a maximum of 4 students staying at any one time. You will be part of Kildinan Park Dale Farm's family life - encouraging everyday conversation to reinforce your English language lessons.
• We look forward to welcoming you to the south-east!
• For international students aged 10-18
• Camp Duration: 1 or 2 weeks
• 15 hours English tuition per week
• 15 hours Horse riding instruction per week
• 1 excursion per week
• Homestay accommodation with an English family
• Transfer from Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, London
You are here: School & College Search> English Language Learning in UK> Year-round & summer English courses in South of England for kids & teens. Séjour linguistique à Angleterre pour enfants y adolescents.
Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...