Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow: Formerly known as the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, The Royal Conservatoire is Scotland's national centre of professional vocational training in performance arts. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, we provide a range of Short Summer Courses including performing and production arts classes and courses for adults and arts professionals, as well as children and young adults. We provide learning and training opportunities in the same five disciplines as our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees: Dance, Drama, Music, Production, and Screen. We welcome learners at all levels of experience and are committed to reducing barriers to participation in the arts.
Short Summer Courses in the Performing Arts: Our summer schools are specialist courses designed and delivered by the Royal Conservatoire’s tutors, lecturers and professors who teach our undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Dance Classes: - Modern Ballet - Choreography - Contemporary Dance
Drama: - Acting: For Camera - Acting: Improvisation - Acting: Audition Preparation - Acting: American Accents - Acting: Deaf Theatre Skills - Acting: Radio Drama - Acting: Radio and Voiceover Technique - Acting: Shakespeare and Greek Theatre - Acting: Stanislavski and Realism - Introduction to Actor Training - Learn English through Drama - Musical Theatre: Beginners - Musical Theatre: Intermediate - Musical Theatre: Intensive
Gaelic Drama: - Acting: Gaelic Radio - Acting: Gaelic Drama
Music: - Classical Singing - Jazz - Brass - Chamber Musician - Composition - Gamelan - Organ - Piano - Scottish Traditional
Teaching Skills: - Scottish Traditional - Teaching Acting in Gaelic (on Skye) - The Teaching Artist - Teaching: Classical Singing - Arts in Social Justice Settings
Screen: - Cinematography on Location - Directing for Screen - Make a Music Promo - Making Short Films
Production: - Prosthetic Effects for Stage and Screen - Set and Costume Design - Directing Theatre - Vectorworks
• Join us at Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) for an educational and cultural summer experience to remember!
• Established in 1885, AUB is a leading provider of high-quality creative arts education to UK & international students, recognised as one of the UK’s leading arts universities.
• AUB offers 3-week and 2-week specialist summer courses (UK & international students of ages 14 to 18+) in a range of fields including Animation, Fashion, Make-up, Film Making, Architecture, Portfolio Preparation for Art, Design & Media, and more. We also provide a residential programme.
• Our new course "Creative Thinking & Skills Development" is for students 18 years of age and over.
• Achieve a AUB Certificate of Attendance. Ideal for CV’s and university applications.
• Experience world-class facilities (including a large art and design library), and be supported by highly-acclaimed teaching staff while making a network of new friends from around the globe.
• Situated on the picturesque South coast, Bournemouth is renowned for its beaches and it’s cosmopolitan vibe. It’s also less than a 2 hour train ride to London.
Student Review: “AUB’s summer courses are a brilliant way to try new subjects in a new place - loved every second” - Anna, Italy
West George College is a small, friendly, private college situated 5 minutes from the city centre of Glasgow, Scotland and a short walk to Glasgow's stylish West End. We offer summer English courses for students from EU countries. These courses are ideal for college / University students who need to improve their English for entry to a UK institution, or simply to better their job prospects, or simply for a fun and educational summer break!
Glasgow is a thriving, cosmopolitan city with an interesting history, traditions and culture. West George College has experienced, educated and TEFL certified tutors who will guide you through the intensive ESOL course and make your stay in Glasgow as fun as possible.
We are in partnership with EDI and Pearsons Academic English accreditation.
The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) is a college of the University of London and the only Higher Education institution in the UK specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. In 2008, SOAS jumped 15 places up to ninth best university nationwide in The Good University Guide, and we were rated fourth in London. We also moved three places up to eighth in The Guardian newspaper's league tables of top UK universities.
Now for the 10th year running, SOAS is proud to offer an exciting summer school of world music. Our course programme is unique, varied and truly multi-cultural. If you are passionate about music and cultures, there is something for everyone; this summer we offer a more varied programme than ever: Intensive and inspiring courses, practical workshops, taster sessions and master classes for students of all backgrounds, beginners to advanced, amateur and professional. Take your pick!
SOAS World Music Summer School. Courses include Afro-Brazilian Percussion; Balinese Gamelan; Afro-Cuban Bata Drumming; Arabic Maqam Ensemble; Chinese Guqin Music, Cuban Music Big Band; Didgeridoo; Eastern European & Balkan Music; Japanese Shakuhachi, Kora; Middle Eastern Percussion, Mongolian Overtone Singing; Mouth Harps; Russian Folk Songs; Klezmer Music; Senegalese Sabar Drumming; World Music Choir; Music in the Classroom
• Since 2001, we have taught more than 2,000 children and adults aged between 3 and 90 to speak and write Mandarin.
• Hua Hsia Chinese School is one of the UK's leading Chinese language schools, with branches in Hampstead in the borough of Camden in North Central London, and Southgate in the borough of Enfield in North London.
• This summer, Hua Hsia is offering fantastic week-long Chinese activity and culture camps for children ages 3 and up.
• All of our summer activities place an emphasis on the learning of Chinese language and culture. Our camp uses innovative teaching methods and fun activities to generate children’s interests in learning Chinese.
• Our experienced teachers with CRBs will help the children to explore Chinese language and culture, and even gain some Chinese learning methods.
• We are partially-funded by the Taiwanese government, so experienced Chinese Masters from Taiwan will guide our students to explore Chinese art, practice their physical strength, and practice the Chinese language through fun activities.
• We believe that learning Mandarin cannot be separated from learning Chinese culture, so our dedicated kids summer camp offers students the ideal opportunity to practice their Chinese and experience Chinese culture.
• Situated close to Tower Bridge in Wapping in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London, on the north bank of the River Thames, London Art Portfolio (LAP) offers art and design portfolio preparation specialist courses, foundation courses in art & design, and bespoke one-to-one tutorials in summer and throughout the year.
• Courses and workshops are available during the day and in the evening and we provide support and training to UK and international students of all levels - from complete beginners to professional artists and designers.
• LAP was established by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly, nationally and internationally.
• We have a number of studios where we deliver training in the following fields: painting, sculpture, fashion and textile design, fashion photography, animation and illustration.
• We are popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for online and portfolio development support.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
• Julia has a 100% success rate for student placement onto University courses at the best London Universities and Foundation courses.
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time! The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable."