Royal Conservatoire of Scotland: Formerly known as the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, The Royal Conservatoire is Scotland's national centre of professional vocational training in performance arts. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, we provide a range of Short Summer Courses including performing and production arts classes and courses for children, young people, adults and arts professionals.
We provide learning and training opportunities in the same five disciplines as our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees: Dance, Drama, Music, Production, and Screen. We are leading the way as one of Europe’s top conservatoires, offering a rare breadth of artistic disciplines.
The Llangenny Flute Summer School, in southern Powys, Wales, is a 14 day residential Flute program for students ages 16+ years with daily masterclasses and chamber music, plus a concert for participants. The emphasis of the Summer School is to create a balance between learning and fun! Each day there will be a morning warm-up session covering various aspects of technique, followed by masterclass sessions, as well as a variety of classes including orchestral and ensemble playing. During the week there will be an afternoon of "Problem Solving" away from the flute, run by the Outdoor Education Centre (you will need waterproof outdoor clothing and suitable footwear).
Running from the 16th to 21st July, the Llangenny Flute Summer School is entering its fifth year, led by Sarah Newbold, flute, and Zoe Smith, piano. Sarah is well respected as a teacher, performer and orchestral musician. She has taught on summer schools previously where she met Zoë, who has extensive knowledge of the flute repertoire. On Monday evening Sarah and Zoe will give a recital and on Friday evening there will a concert given by the students.
Learn English in South West London this summer with Amity English School!
Situated in Wimbledon, in the Borough of Merton, just 15 minutes from Central London, Amity English School, a department of Amity College, provides beginner to advanced level English classes in summer and year-round to students from around the world.
Our summer programs include morning, afternoon and evening study options with a maximum of 10 students per class - so plenty of personal attention is guaranteed.
In addition to summer classes (June-August), we also provide specialized Winter English classes (November-January). These language programmes combine learning with a great holiday.
Our school is located in lovely Wimbledon, less than 5 minutes walk from Wimbledon Train Station. Wimbledon and the surrounding area has many restaurants, pubs, bars and historical places.
Summer English Courses:
- Beginner to Advanced levels
- Morning, Afternoon & Evening study options available
• General English (Basic, Standard, Semi-Intensive or Intensive option)
• One-To-One / Private English Lessons
• IELTS Exam Preparation
• Cambridge Exam Preparation (PET, FCE, CAE, CPE & BEC)
• Business English
• English Conversation & Pronunciation
• English for Academic Purposes
• English Grammar Classes
• Winter English Courses
• Join us at Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) for an educational and cultural summer experience to remember!
• Established in 1885, AUB is a leading provider of high-quality creative arts education to UK & international students, recognised as one of the UK’s leading arts universities.
• AUB offers 3-week and 2-week specialist summer courses (UK & international students of ages 14 to 18+) in a range of fields including Animation, Fashion, Make-up, Film Making, Architecture, Portfolio Preparation for Art, Design & Media, and more. We also provide a residential programme.
• Our new course "Creative Thinking & Skills Development" is for students 18 years of age and over.
• Achieve a AUB Certificate of Attendance. Ideal for CV’s and university applications.
• Experience world-class facilities (including a large art and design library), and be supported by highly-acclaimed teaching staff while making a network of new friends from around the globe.
• Situated on the picturesque South coast, Bournemouth is renowned for its beaches and it’s cosmopolitan vibe. It’s also less than a 2 hour train ride to London.
Student Review: “AUB’s summer courses are a brilliant way to try new subjects in a new place - loved every second” - Anna, Italy
• Based in Cambridge in south-east England, approximately 50 miles (80 km) north-east of London, ISSOS offers all-inclusive 3-week summer school programs for international students aged 13-18 years.
• Our summer school takes place in July & August in Queen's College, a world-famous Cambridge university.
• We provide a balanced summer program of academia, fun & culture, through a combination of learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure.
• All students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airport and accompanied to Cambridge.
• Our international teenage students can learn within an encouraging and supportive environment while having fun and making new friends from around the world.
• Our international students represent over 60 nationalities, creating a dynamic, multi-cultural atmosphere. We provide a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games.
Student Review: "I had so much fun at The International Summer School of Scotland. I can proudly say that it was the best summer ever! I hope to see you next year."
- Naoko, Japan
West George College is a small, friendly, private college situated 5 minutes from the city centre of Glasgow, Scotland and a short walk to Glasgow's stylish West End. We offer summer English courses for students from EU countries. These courses are ideal for college / University students who need to improve their English for entry to a UK institution, or simply to better their job prospects, or simply for a fun and educational summer break!
Glasgow is a thriving, cosmopolitan city with an interesting history, traditions and culture. West George College has experienced, educated and TEFL certified tutors who will guide you through the intensive ESOL course and make your stay in Glasgow as fun as possible.
We are in partnership with EDI and Pearsons Academic English accreditation.
Founded in 2013 by pianist Olena Shvetsova and her cellist husband Richard May, Encore Music Projects International Summer School provides a summer music course for children and young adults in the exclusive setting of a UK Specialist Music School.
Our residential summer music school is held at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset in South West England. Designed for intermediate and advanced students, the 2-week music course is for piano, strings, composition, voice, and chamber ensembles.
You will receive expert tuition from our team of world class musicians. Lessons will focus on the development of technique, stage performance and presentation, musical styles and interpretation, competition and audition preparation.
The emphasis will be on making music together, with daily one-to-one lessons, chamber music, piano/vocal masterclasses/workshops, String Chamber Orchestra and Community Choir.
In the evenings there will be several public teacher concerts. There will be time for recreation, including free use of the school’s covered swimming pool, organised activities and games, and a free day to explore the fabulous sights around Wells.
For those parents who may be considering sending their children to Wells Cathedral School for their education, the course offers a unique chance to experience the atmosphere of the school.