Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow: Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, The Royal Conservatoire is Scotland's national centre of professional vocational training in performance arts. We provide a range of Short Summer Courses in a range of performing and production arts disciplines (Dance, Drama, Music, Production, and Screen) for adults and arts professionals, as well as children and young adults. Our summer schools are specialist courses designed and delivered by the Royal Conservatoire’s tutors, lecturers and professors who teach our undergraduate and postgraduate students. We are leading the way as one of Europe’s top conservatoires, offering a rare breadth of artistic disciplines.
Email:Contact us below
Short Summer Courses in the Performing Arts:
- Dance Classes: Choreography; Contemporary Dance; Modern Ballet
- Drama Classes: Acting (multiple disciplines); Introduction to Actor Training Musical Theatre...
- Music Courses: Brass; Chamber Musician; Classical Singing...
- Teaching Skills: Scottish Traditional; The Teaching Artist; Teaching: Classical Singing...
- Screen / Production Courses: Directing for Screen; Cinematography on Location; Set and Costume Design...
• ISSOS offers summer school programs for international students aged between 13 - 18 years of age in July and August in St. Andrews University.
• St Andrews is situated on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles (80km) north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles (130 km) north-east of Glasgow. We also run a summer school in Cambridge, England.
• ISSOS offers teenagers a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging environment while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Our 3-week summer school programs are all-inclusive.
• We limit the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience. International students come from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities, creating a multicultural atmosphere.
• Students study one academic subject and one elective subject. In addition, we provide a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games.
• Students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airports and accompanied to St Andrews.
Student Review: "There is one word that describes ISSOS, amazing! ISSOS is an exceptional school and the staff work perfectly together. The social activities are great, a brilliant way of getting to know students from other classes and electives." - Axel, Finland
Residential summer school programs for international students aged between 13-18 years combining learning, creative enrichment & adventure:
Academic Summer School programs: • English Language programs (from beginner to advanced levels)
• International Baccalaureate program (Pre-IB)
• IB Extended Essay
• Youth Leadership
• Creative Writing
Elective programs: • Art
Activities include: • Day Trips
• Outdoor Activities
• Evening Entertainment
• Highland Games
• Situated close to Tower Bridge in Wapping in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London, on the north bank of the River Thames, London Art Portfolio (LAP) offers art and design portfolio preparation specialist courses, foundation courses in art & design, and bespoke one-to-one tutorials in summer and throughout the year.
• Courses and workshops are available during the day and in the evening and we provide support and training to UK and international students of all levels - from complete beginners to professional artists and designers.
• LAP was established by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly, nationally and internationally.
• We have a number of studios where we deliver training in the following fields: painting, sculpture, fashion and textile design, fashion photography, animation and illustration.
• We are popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for online and portfolio development support.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
• Julia has a 100% success rate for student placement onto University courses at the best London Universities and Foundation courses.
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time! The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable."
Kaplan International Colleges is a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programs for students from more than 100 countries around the world. We have two English schools in the heart of London: Covent Garden and Leicester Square. We offer a range of summer and year-round English courses to students from around the world.
Our Vacation English course is ideally suited to students (16+) who want to combine learning the English language with sightseeing and leisure activities. It consists of 20 General English lessons per week and our optional activities program will give the opportunity to explore the highlights of your host country in your spare time. Students can choose to study from 2 - 52 weeks and this program is suitable for elementary to advanced levels.
Kaplan International Colleges London offers a vibrant night life, stunning architecture, beautiful parks, international cuisine and the finest museums and galleries. With its fashionable clubs and bars and world-renowned theatres, few cities can offer visitors such a diverse range of things to see and do in one place.
Summer and year-round English courses in London for adults include:
- Vacation English
- General English
- Intensive English
- Business English
- IELTS Exam Preparation
- Cambridge FCE, CAE & CPE Exam Preparation
- Homestay Program with English Host Family
UK Film School provides a residential, 5-day summer Filmmaking Course for students ages 16-19 on the campus of Brook House College, an international boarding school in Market Harborough, Leicestershire, 1 hour east of Birmingham.
Over the course of a week, students have the opportunity to make a film from start to finish using broadcast quality equipment and under the guidance of film and TV professionals.
Students will experience all aspects of filmmaking - including script development, casting, location scouting, cinematography, sound recording, and more.
Our 1-week Filmmaking summer program includes all activities, boarding and meals.
Learn English in South West London this summer with Amity English School!
Situated in Wimbledon, in the Borough of Merton, just 15 minutes from Central London, Amity English School, a department of Amity College, provides beginner to advanced level English classes in summer and year-round to students from around the world.
Our summer programs include morning, afternoon and evening study options with a maximum of 10 students per class - so plenty of personal attention is guaranteed.
In addition to summer classes (June-August), we also provide specialized Winter English classes (November-January). These language programmes combine learning with a great holiday.
Our school is located in lovely Wimbledon, less than 5 minutes walk from Wimbledon Train Station. Wimbledon and the surrounding area has many restaurants, pubs, bars and historical places.
Summer English Courses:
- Beginner to Advanced levels
- Morning, Afternoon & Evening study options available
• General English (Basic, Standard, Semi-Intensive or Intensive option)
• One-To-One / Private English Lessons
• IELTS Exam Preparation
• Cambridge Exam Preparation (PET, FCE, CAE, CPE & BEC)
• Business English
• English Conversation & Pronunciation
• English for Academic Purposes
• English Grammar Classes
• Winter English Courses
Founded in 2013 by pianist Olena Shvetsova and her cellist husband Richard May, Encore Music Projects International Summer School provides a summer music course for children and young adults in the exclusive setting of a UK Specialist Music School.
Our residential summer music school is held at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset in South West England. Designed for intermediate and advanced students, the 2-week music course is for piano, strings, composition, voice, and chamber ensembles.
You will receive expert tuition from our team of world class musicians. Lessons will focus on the development of technique, stage performance and presentation, musical styles and interpretation, competition and audition preparation.
The emphasis will be on making music together, with daily one-to-one lessons, chamber music, piano/vocal masterclasses/workshops, String Chamber Orchestra and Community Choir.
In the evenings there will be several public teacher concerts. There will be time for recreation, including free use of the school’s covered swimming pool, organised activities and games, and a free day to explore the fabulous sights around Wells.
For those parents who may be considering sending their children to Wells Cathedral School for their education, the course offers a unique chance to experience the atmosphere of the school.