St. Benedict Elementary School, Chicago: Located on Chicago's North-Side, near Western Ave, serving Roscoe Village, Irving Park, Avondale, Lakeview, DePaul and surrounding communities, St. Benedict Elementary School (SBES) is a Catholic educational community serving grades PreK-8. St. Benedict Elementary School inspires and cultivates a balance of faith, academic excellence and individual talents in a diverse, personalized setting. We enjoy Full State of Illinois Recognition for non-public schools, as well as certification from the Office of Catholic Schools. We are a member of the National Catholic Education.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Catholic Education Programs for Pre-K through Grade 8: - Elementary Program
- Authentic Portfolio Assessment Program
- Athletics Program
At St. Benedict Elementary School, our amazing and dedicated teachers provide educational opportunities that employ the best methods. This includes our Authentic Portfolio Assessment Program and cutting-edge technology. In addition to our core classes, students receive Spanish, Art, Computers, Music and Religion.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
The British School of Chicago (BSC), located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, is a co-educational, college preparatory, accredited day school offering Nursery School to Year 13 (Pre-K to Grade 12) programs. There are over twenty nationalities represented at the school with the majority being British and American.
All BSC teachers are recruited from the United Kingdom or international schools worldwide, and are of the highest calibre. Every teacher is experienced in the National Curriculum (England) and has a variety of academic specialist skills. All teachers at the BSC take part in a continuous programme called In Service Training (INSET).
The British School of Chicago is accredited by Fieldwork Education as a Learning-Focused School; the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA); and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The British School of Chicago is also accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Nursery & Reception (Pre-school & Junior Kindergarten)
- Year 1 & Year 2 (Kindergarten & Year 1)
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Grade 2 to Grade 5)
- Year 7 to Year 9 (Grade 6 to Grade 8)
- Year 10 - Year 13 (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
Our academic program is based on:
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- The UK National Curriculum
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
The Paintbrush, opened in 2005, is a children's art studio owned by sisters Melanie and Mindy Apel in Lakeview on the North Side of Chicago, Cook County, IL. At The Paintbrush, kids do more than just paint. Starting at 18 months old, kids learn about famous artists, listen to music and create their own inspired works of art and projects inspired by the artists' styles.
The Paintbrush offers a selection of classes geared to different ages along with workshops and summer camp. Classes are ongoing, so kids can join anytime.
The mission of The Paintbrush is to introduce young children to the wonderful world of art. The main goal is to teach kids to love art and have an understanding of the artists they study and whose works inspire their own creations.
East Lake Academy is a Roman Catholic school of academic excellence nestled in the heart of Lake Forest, Lake County in Illinois. We educate children from pre-kindergarten through to eighth grade. We are dedicated to forming the whole child by providing the highest level of academics.
East Lake Academy includes Spanish as a core subject within the accelerated curriculum, offers athletic extracurricular activites to its students and draws from well over a dozen communities in and near the North Shore region of suburban Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland.
Science Academy of Chicago (SAC) is a college preparatory school located at 8300 N. Greenwood Ave, Niles, IL 60714, for grades 1-8, with special emphasis on math, science and technology. SAC provides an environment of learning and continuous growth for students to reach their highest potential - intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. In the Continental Math League, SAC was ranked 4th Top School in League, 2nd school in the State and 2nd Top School in Chicago Region (11 Gold Medal, 5 Silver Medal, and 8 Special Awards).
Five of our students were also chosen to present their project in the State Science Exposition. SAC took Third Place and two special awards in National Engineers "Week Chicago Regional Future City Competition".
Allendale Association is a private, not-for-profit social service agency serving troubled teens / adolescents and children with moderate to profound emotional and behavioral disabilities. We are located in Lake Villa in north-western Lake County, Illinois. These youth and their families receive care and treatment through Allendale's residential treatment programs, day treatment special education schools or from our community based clinical programs and services.
Allendale serves over 700 children, youth and families annually. These children, often victims of abuse, neglect or severe mental illness, come to Allendale with the devastating experiences of failure in the classroom, misunderstanding in the home and isolation in the community. Our programs serve both male and female adolescents and kids ranging in age from eight to eighteen who are experiencing a wide variety of problems.
The more common "labels" are conduct disorder, emotional / behavioral disability, oppositional defiant disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), depression, post traumatic stress, anxiety disorders, pervasive developmental disorders, schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders.