Morgan Park Academy, Chicago:
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy (MPA) is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school dedicated to preparing students for college and inspiring them to strive for excellence and realize their full potential, both academically and as individuals. We are located in the Morgan Park residential area of Chicago in Cook County. Families come to MPA from communities throughout Chicago, the southern and western suburbs in Cook, DuPage, Kankakee, and Will counties, as well as northwest Indiana. Our highly motivated faculty is complemented by a stimulating, time-tested curriculum. We have some of the smallest class sizes among the top schools in Illinois.
The mission of MPA is to prepare our students, via a rigorous liberal arts program, to succeed in college and life by helping them to:
* Appreciate their own uniqueness as contributing members of a diverse community;
* Develop intellectually, physically, creatively, emotionally, and socially;
* Cultivate personal integrity and social responsibility; and
* Make a positive difference in the world.
Students at Morgan Park Academy will:
* Develop self-respect that manifests itself in self-knowledge, acceptance, and confidence.
* Encouraged to become involved in activities that engender a uniqueness and at the same time enrich the larger community.
* Appreciate the rich diversity of humanity.
* Cultivate personal integrity and social responsibly.
* Acquire a body of knowledge needed to succeed in a rigorous college curriculum.
* Apply unique and creative solutions to life’s challenges.
* Approach their world with curiosity and a willingness to take risks.
* Work and play cooperatively, responsibly, and productively as a member of a group.
* Develop a commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
* Develop a range of virtues, including responsibility, self-control, courage, and courtesy.
* Cultivate a sincere attitude of service toward persons both in the school community and beyond.
- Preschool program
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
- Upper School program
- High School program
- Additionally: Athletics program & Wellness program
* We provide a rigorous curriculum with English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, French, Visual Arts, Music and Physical Education.
After & Before Care (ABC) Program:
The After and Before Care Program (ABC), is an extended day care program that services Preschool thru Middle School students during non-school hours. This program is provided as a service to parents and is staffed by MPA faculty and other qualified persons. The approximate pupil-teacher ratio is 10:1 for PK and K, and 15:1 for Lower School and Middle School.
In a student-centered environment, instruction in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and foreign language is integrated with classes in art and music that meet twice weekly. Daily physical education is also included.
Through a wide variety of learning experiences, we are also able to provide the child with many opportunities to learn about differing cultures, understand the world in which we live, participate in fine and performing arts activities and develop co-ordination, flexibility and muscular skills.
All students take physical education and may participate on athletic teams in soccer, basketball, wrestling, tennis and softball.
In addition, there are many clubs, including Middle School Band, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, B.A.B.C. (community service club), Newspaper, Chess Club, Science Club and French Club.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: W. 111th Street, Chicago, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.