Grenoble INP - Ense3:
Ecole Nationale Supérieure de l'Energie, l'Eau et l'Environnement (Ense3) is an engineering school that is part of the Grenoble Institute of Technology which is ranked among the very best Grandes Ecoles (graduate schools) in France. It is located 300 miles from Paris, in the Rhône-Alpes region of Southeastern France. Ense3 offers a range of master degree programs in the fields of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, civil and environmental engineering. Three of our master's programs are taught in English. Ense3 welcomes approx. 100 international students each year.
- Hydraulic Engineering (taught in English)
- Electrical Engineering for Smart Buildings and Grids (taught in English)
- Fluid Mechanics and Energetics (taught in English)
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Mechanical & Energy Engineering
- Nuclear & Energy Engineering
- Energy Systems and Associated Markets
- Hydraulics, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Automatic Control, Systems and Information Technology
- Signal & Image Processing, Communication Systems & Multimedia
- Product Design
Our school combines technical and scientific skills in the domains of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, civil and environmental engineering to be able to handle the full energy chain (production, distribution, usages, trading) as well as the full water cycle (harnessing, storage, supply, treatment). Our engineering training strongly involves our industrial partners with a large part of practical training periods taking place within the companies.
Studies at Ense3 lead to the French degree "Diplôme National d'Ingénieur Grenoble INP-Ense3" (equivalent to a Master's degree) or to a PhD degree. Each programme offers the opportunity to pursue with a PhD.
Students are expected to complete 3 industrial internships (work experience placements) during their engineering studies:
- a four-week work placement at the end of the first year ( to give the students an idea of life in industry).
- an eight-week work experience period as an assistant engineer at the end of the second year.
- a five-month internship (master thesis) to give the students the opportunity to put into practice what they have learned at Ense3 and to acquire a first professional experience.
French Language Courses:
Courses are taught in French so you must have a good command of French if you want to study at Ense3. Grenoble INP offers two French intensive weeks: one session which takes place the last week of August and one session in February (winter break). Intensive French language courses are also offered by the CUEF (Centre Universitaire d'Etudes Françaises) for the summer break at a special rate for exchange students and by Alliance Française. Throughout the academic year, you can also follow French language courses (2 hours a week).
* Merging of two engineering schools initially founded in 1898
* 1200 students: 750 at the Master level; 150 at the PhD level
* 10 student/staff ratio
* 9 research laboratories
* 2 000 m2 of technology platforms and demonstration facilities
* 250 industrial partners
* 250 agreements with universities all over the world
* Students of a school belonging to the French network of Grandes Ecoles d'Ingénieurs (Engineering Graduate Schools) are admitted only after a highly competitive exam or through a scrupulous examination of their application by a selection committee.
Grenoble is a town with a large student population (60,000, around a tenth of the population), young and relaxed, cosmopolitan, with a healthy cultural and sporting life. At 3 hours from Paris by train, at the foot of the Alps and world famous ski resorts, Grenoble is a town in which you can feel the influence of Italy and the Mediterranean.
Email: Contact Us
Specific Contact Pages: - Master's Programs in English
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Domaine universitaire - 11 rue des mathématiques, Saint Martin d'Hères, BP46, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.