University of York:
The University of York is one of the top ten universities in the UK for teaching and research, and is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world. We offer a wide range of high-quality, accredited undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes to both UK and international students. The university was named Times Higher Education University of the Year 2010. The University of York is conveniently located in Heslington, a suburban village within the City of York in North Yorkshire in North-East England. York is easily accessible by air, rail and road. York is only 2 hours by train from London (and Heathrow and Gatwick international airports), and 1.5 hours by train from the city of Manchester. York is also 25 miles north of Leeds Bradford International Airport.
Founded on principles of excellence, equality and opportunity for all in 1963, The University of York consists of over 30 academic departments and research centres and the student body has expanded to 13,000. The university has been welcoming students from all over the world since it was established. We provide a wonderful mixture of nationalities, cultures and faiths, with students coming from almost 100 countries, and as a result, our students benefit from a truly international educational experience.
International students form an integral part of the community on campus, and currently, just over 20% of our students come from outside the UK. We know that when you are a long way from home, studying in a second language and perhaps experiencing culture shock, you might feel in need of some additional support. Therefore, we offer a vareity of services to our international students.
Students study at bachelor's degree, master's degree and postgraduate levels. Specialised subject areas include:
- Accounting; Applied Social Science; Archaeology; Avionics; Bioarchaeology; Biochemistry; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Criminology; Ecology; Economics; Educational Studies; Electronic Engineering; English; English / History ; French & German Language; Genetics; History; History of Art; Language & Literature in Education; Law; Linguistics; Management; Mathematics; Medicine; Midwifery Practice; Molecular Cell Biology; Music; Nursing; Physics; Psychology; Social Policy; Sociology & more...
- We provide a very high-quality academic experience, a commitment to enhancing your employability, a chance to promote your enterprise skills and a strong reputation for student support.
- York is consistently among the top UK universities for the quality of its teaching and research.
York is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world (THE / Thompson-Reuter World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings).
- The university was named Times Higher Education University of the Year 2010.
- Our students are very satisfied with the quality of teaching and course content.
- Eligible students from outside the EU are guaranteed university-managed accommodation on or near campus.
- Our integrated support network provides guidance throughout your time at York, including advice on improving your skills for employment.
- The cost of living in York is significantly lower than in some other parts of the UK.
- We have some very active student societies such as the International Students' Association and the Graduate Students' Association.
- We offer affordable and plentiful accommodation in a lively and stimulating environment.
- We are situated in a beautiful location in one of Europe's finest cities. where you can enjoy studying and living in a very safe and scenic parkland campus.
- The campus is located close to the centre of the city of York, recently voted European Tourism City of the year.
York is one of a handful of universities which has a college system. Your college provides you with a focus for your residence, welfare and social life. Each of the seven undergraduate colleges has its own distinctive identity, atmosphere, facilities and history.Our colleges provide nearly 3,000 first year places on campus
Most students live in a college residence for their first year at York and remain part of the college community throughout their time here. All new, single, undergraduate full-time students who accept York as their choice by the date advertised and apply for accommodation online by the due date are guaranteed an offer of university accommodation.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Heslington, YO10 5DD , York, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.