Study abroad in Europe: Fine arts degree in Germany, bachelor of arts (BA) degree in music taught in English for international students/ Americans. Design school in Freiburg offering graphic design, illustration, photography & film courses in German. Kunstakademien in Deutschland, Deutsche Kunsthochschulen.
Hochschule für Kunst, Design und Populäre Musik (hDKM), Freiburg: Located in Freiburg, in south-west Germany, Hochschule für Kunst, Design und Populäre Musik (hKDM) is a career training institution that provides Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree programs in music, design, art, and computer science. With the exception of the Popular Music course, which is also available in English, all Degrees are taught in German. Each semester, hKDM welcomes students from all over the world. Furthermore the school engages frequently in international projects. In addition to the three bachelor degree programmes, hKDM also offers distance learning programmes in the areas of game design, editorial design, motion design, video design and screen and web design.
BA in Fine Arts: Duration: 4 Years - Language of instruction: German Our Fine Arts course consists of eight semesters. During early semesters, students get acquainted with various drawing, painting and printing techniques.
Later, students are encouraged to experiment with various techniques in order to develop their own individual artistic handwriting.
BA in Integrated Design: Duration: 4 Years - Language of instruction: German Integrated Design combines elements of the traditional graphic design with new technology. The first three semesters are dedicated to the acquisition of basic techniques. Later, students specialize in their field of interest and choose between four specializations:
- Photography & Film - Illustration - New Media Design - Communication Design
BA in Popular Music/International Program in Music: Duration: 4 Years - Language of instruction: English or German This program starts off with a basic study period, during which the students concentrate on their main instrument both in one-to-one and in group lessons. As they advance in their studies, students can specialize in:
BA in Computer Science for Audiovisual Media Duration: 4 Years - Language of instruction: German This study program is aimed at training professionals, who combine creative talent with technical knowledge and who can use their skills in complex media projects.
The areas of application include websites, games, e-learning applications, information technology etc. The study program consists of 7 semesters and includes an internship in the 4th semester.
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2019-04-23 were from:
Kingdom of Bahrain, Bahrain;
Freiburg im breisgau, Germany;
Santa Monica, California USA, USA;
Darjeeling/West Bengal/Kurseong, India;
Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
• Calling students from Germany and internationally! Founded in 1995, Marbella Design Academy is a leading international design school in Spain, state-recognised by the Ministry of Education.
• Our students can choose between 3-year academic studies, a 3-month foundation course, and short intensive summer courses in a range of creative arts and design subjects, taught entirely in English.
• We offer 3-year Bachelor of Arts - BA (Hons) degree programmes in Interior Architecture, Graphic Design & Fashion Design, awarded by the University of Bedfordshire, UK (These BA degree titles are state-recognised in the UK).
• Students can avail of Free Spanish classes during the academic year.
• Our school is located in a stunning purpose-built facility in Monda, only 15km from Marbella on the Costa del Sol in the South of Spain.
• The building has been approved by the Ministry of Education as living up to all the latest demands and facilities required for a modern design school.
• Graduates have a near 100% employment rate. Many companies contact our college with job offers for our students.
"Marbella Design Academy is more than a place of education, it is an all-round experience." - Graphic Design Student, Lana from Spain / UK
ITM Thai Hand International Training Massage School Berlin
Courses / Programs
• Internationally accredited and recognized, ITM Thai Hand Berlin is one of the only massage schools in Germany to offer teacher training courses in Thai Yoga Massage and one of only two in Europe to offer full certification.
• Our Thai massage therapy certificate and diploma courses are taught in English, German or Spanish (depending on the class). We also provide Spa courses, workshops, and retreats. Individual & special group lessons are offered on request.
• With the aim of training professional masseurs, our school is an official franchise of ITM Chiang Mai, one of the most highly qualified schools of traditional Thai bodywork in Thailand. We also have a location in Amsterdam.
• Our Thai massage courses are taught by qualified teachers who are internationally certified. Our teaching methods adhere strictly to the training techniques set by the most prestigious and traditional massage schools in Thailand, and meet our students’ needs for quality education.
• Each course starts with the basics, so no previous experience is required.
• We consider practice an important aspect of learning Thai Yoga Massage. Our students can repeat courses for free as many times as they like.
Student Review: "Thai massage Level 1 course helped me to expand my horizons as a yoga teacher to bring some fresh breath to the classes: alignment, relaxation techniques and some therapeutic points and for better understanding of human body and the ways we can heal it with this ancient practice."
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
CEPA Foundation & Humboldt Universität Berlin - Summer University Program
Courses / Programs
The CEPA (Cultural & Educational Programs Abroad) Foundation provides summer and semester programs that are specially designed to meet the needs and academic goals of North American students. In cooperation with the prestigious Humboldt University in Berlin, we offer a 4-week summer university study abroad program. This program was designed especially for students who are interested in combining German language classes with university-level courses related to German history, politics, society and culture. All university courses are offered in a combination of German and English.
Students take a German Language Course and a German Culture and Area Studies Course. The placement test on the first day will determine which course level is required. If they prefer, students have the option to enroll in an Intensive German Language Course instead of the Culture and Area Studies Course in the afternoons. In addition to the language lessons and course, a variety of cultural field trips, visits and hands-on experiences are included.
Upon successful completion and regular attendance in the courses, each student will receive a grade certificate and 8 ECTS credits from Humboldt University. The amount of transferable credits is at the discretion of your own university regulations.
Students will be housed in shared apartments in the Berlin Lichtenberg area, which is only 30 minutes away from the university by public transportation.
- 4-week summer university study abroad program in Berlin for North American students.
* German Language Course (mornings)
* German Culture and Area Studies Course (afternoons). These courses are related to topics such as politics, society and history in Germany, Berlin and Europe.
Students have the option to enroll in an Intensive German Language Course instead of the Culture and Area Studies Course in the afternoons. Cultural field trips, visits and hands-on experiences are also included.
The School of Visual Arts and Design in Berlin was founded in 2003 in Kassel and is now located in Prenzlauer Berg. We offer year-round regular, long-term courses in drawing, painting, portfolio preparation, computer graphics, sculpture and design. We also offer a three-year art degree course. Our approach includes flexible dates, so that students can start one or more courses at any time. Apart from a qualified art education, we offer a platform for creative artistic exchange. Our diverse program offer is open to all age groups. We offer group and individual art classes for children & teenagers as well as adults. Evening classes and summer courses / workshops are also available.
Our art degree course content is based on a classical school and teaches the creative possibilities of contemporary art. Our teachers are themselves active as artists and have many years of teaching experience. In addition, we organize thematic workshops which are run by international artists of various styles.
- Art degree course which provides training in painting, drawing, illustration / comic and cartoon animation (3 years / 6 semesters). The course is a full-time or part-time course with block and distance learning possibilities.
- Art & Design courses for adults, teenagers and children in drawing, painting, portfolio preparation, computer graphics, sculpture and more.
FITS Europe is located in the heart of Düsseldorf's newly redesigned Media Harbour - Medienhafen, approx. 15 minutes walking distance from the old part of the city. Surrounded by TV channels, commercial enterprises and film businesses, the area provides an ideal study and working environment in German & English.