AIM - Hotel & Tourism Management School, Paris:
Located in the heart of Paris, Académie Intérnationale de Management (AIM) is an English-speaking hotel & tourism management school dedicated to the education and training of future international hospitality managers. AIM is proud to be the very first Hotel Management School in Continental Europe to introduce and offer accredited and internationally-recognized Bachelor of Science in International Hotel and Tourism Management and Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Hotel & Tourism Management degree programs in the field of hotel and tourism management. In addition, we offer professional management certification programs (from 2 days to 2 semesters in length).
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs in Hotel and Tourism Management:
Bachelor of Science (BS) in International Hotel and Tourism Management Degree Program (3 years)
AIM's Bachelor of Science in International Hotel and Tourism Management degree program offers direct access to managerial positions and is a required step for students willing to continue their graduate studies.
In the first year, AIM's course material and organization are designed to develop the student's ability to analyze and synthesize information. This ability is a key factor for future decision-making in an increasingly complex environment.
The second year entails ample use of active learning methods, requiring assimilation of theoretical principles acquired in class. They include role-playing, group assignments, and on-site research missions.
The third year involves applied, in-depth studies in management and business, with role-playing in a commercial context and audit assignments.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Hotel & Tourism Management (2 years)
AIM's MBA Professional in Hotel & Tourism Management is taught entirely through English. This high-caliber, specialized professional program is designed to prepare students for high-quality management positions in large tourism companies and international hotels.
Dual Degree option - MBA + Bachelor of Science degree:
Students who have successfully completed two years of studies, may receive the Bachelor of Science degree from AIM provided that they have also earned four Professional Certificates.
1st Year Curriculum: 'MBA Preparatory'
The organization of the first year program is conceived to value the competence that the students have already acquired, by using managerial knowledge to develop their sense of research, teamwork, analysis, and personal initiative.
- Club Management*
- Financial Accounting*
- Rooms Dept. Management
- Human Resources Management*
- Food & Beverage Management – HACCP
- Revenue Management* (AHLEI Certification)
- Strategic Marketing And Sales for International Hotels*
- CRASE (Cornell Restaurant Administration Strategic Exercise)
- CHASE (Cornell Hotel Administration Strategic Exercise)
- French for beginners
* = Certification Classes
2nd Year Curriculum: 'MBA Professional'
The specialization courses are monitored by active methods to respond to operational requirements of demanding, up-market companies in hospitality.
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Accounting*
- Supervision in Hospitality Operations*
- Project Development in Restaurant Management
- International Hotel Management contracts
- Management Communications
- Management of Procurement and Purchasing in multi-unit operations
* = Certification Classes
MBA Entry Requirements:
- Good comprehension of English
- Minimum 2 years of University study with a degree or a diploma.
- Real motivation for quality
- Capacity for intensive and sustained work
- Well-groomed presentation
Professional Management Certification Programs (from 2 days to 2 semesters in length)
Includes Academic Management Studies (AMS); Financial Management Workshop; Online Hotel Revenue Management among others.
Online Hotel Revenue Management Certification Offered by Cornell University:
This online certificate program in hotel revenue management offered by eCornell (Cornell University's online division) provides a holistic view of the application of hotel revenue management concepts and practices to the hospitality industry.
Participants who successfully complete the program receive the Hotel Revenue Management Certificate from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
The Hotel Revenue Management Certification aims to teach participants to maximize revenue by:
- Applying forecasting and availability controls
- Managing pricing and distribution channel overbooking and group management practices
- Using nontraditional revenue management practices
Who is this course designed for?
This online certificate course is open to AIM students and participants of professional seminars and workshops organized by AIM. It is aimed at Hospitality Managers; General Managers; Revenue Mangers; Directors and other hospitality professionals responsible for the financial performance of their organization.
Academic Management Studies - 1 year (2 Semesters)
For those seeking career change opportunities, a refresher course, or an individualized continuing education program, the AMS Program offers a one-year curriculum leading to AHLEI's Certificates in International Hotel Management. Requirements:
1) At least two years of university studies with a corresponding degree or four years of professional experience. 2) High level of proficiency in English. 3) Availability for full-time study. Full attendance is mandatory.
Students who successfully complete this program are also eligible to enter the Master of Science program at the second-year level.
Hospitality Internship Program (Work Experience Placements)
AIM's close collaboration with leading international hotel chains and other world-class establishments provides a highly effective means for preparing students for entry into active professional life.
Summer Season - May to September:
All students participate in professional summer internships the world over.
1) The first internship, aptly named "ouvrier" (worker), is modeled on similar programs organized by the French "Grandes Ecoles". It is primarily a Front Office/ rooms and restaurant work program and emphasizes interfacing with the clientele.
2) Subsequent internships, taking place in the Back Office, provide the opportunity to apply theoretical, technical and practical knowledge at the general administration level, by focusing on management services, finance and accounting, purchasing, marketing, and human resources.
Upon graduation, an overwhelming majority of our students are offered full-time employment in one of the establishments at which they performed their internship.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 2 Rue Charbonnel, 75013, Paris, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.