Study fashion abroad in Europe: Fashion design school in Italy offering professional diploma courses in dressmaking, fashion styling & pattern making. Fashion programs taught in English for international students/ Americans, short summer courses in Venice area..
Italian Fashion School Treviso: Located in the Old Town area of Treviso, Northern Italy (just 30 minutes north of Venice), the Italian Fashion School Treviso provides a range of 1 and 2-year Professional Diploma courses in fashion and design fields that include Fashion Stylist, Fashion Designer, Dressmaking, and Pattern Making. We also provide dedicated short Summer Courses and Specialized Fashion Courses. Textbooks and learning materials are available in both English and Italian. Our instructors are selected for their motivation and valuable experience in the fashion industry.
Professional Diploma Courses in Fashion (1 & 2 Years)
Fashion Stylist Course: Duration: 2 years standard / 1 year intensive To become a stylist means to be abele to express a concept and implement it in terms of fashion. Students learn about clothes, coloring techniques, breaking and mood board, manufacturing, analyzing the latest fashion trends, rendering techniques, tailor sewing, pattern making, and more. Modules include:
Fashion Designer Course: Duration: 2 years standard / 1 year intensive A Fashion Designer student learns the freedom and imagination necessary for the development of their personal style. We cover all coloring and drawing techniques, opening the door to the creation of different types of clothes and accessories. Students learn about different kinds of collections, pret-a porter, evening clothes, wedding gowns, Alta-Moda, and more. Modules include:
- Base of Drawing - Measurements Study - Colours Theory - Rendering Techniques - Creativeness - Fibers and Yarns - Fabrics and Materials - Decoration - Fashion Design - Illustration - Fashion design portfolio - Sociology – Marketing - Fashion Accessories - Flat Pattern Drafting - Techniques Schedule
Dressmaking Course: Duration: 2 years standard / 1 year intensive At the end of the course, you’ll be able to create everything from a simple shirt to an elegant suit, from a skirt to a coat, wedding gowns. Modules include:
- Measurements Study - Pattern Making - Haute Couture - Pattern Making Techniques - Industrial Techniques - Pattern Lay Out - Tailor Sewing Technique - Tailoring Techniques - Fibers and Yarns - Fabrics and Materials - Pattern Grading Technique - Planning Techniques - Quality Control
Pattern Making Course Duration: 450 hours The Pattern Maker transforms the drawing of the stylist into a pattern from the project to the prototype. They to maintain proportion, maintain ease allowance, and keep to the style of the drawing. The Pattern Maker has to supervize prototype production and then provide pattern grading. Modules include:
- Measurements Study - Ease allowance Study - Pattern Making - Haute Couture - Colours Theory - Industrial pattern making - Pattern Making Techniques - Industrial Techniques - Creativeness - Fibers and Yarns - Fabrics and Materials - Pattern Grading Technique - Planning Techniques - Quality Control
Short / Summer Courses: - Special Fashion Course (90 hours) - Summer Fashion Course (45 hours)
• Situated in the heart of Milan - Italy's fashion capital, Accademia del Lusso provides a range of fashion-related Masters programs, 3-year courses, intensive 1-year programs, summer professional courses, and short courses designed to train and prepare the fashion industry’s most sought-after professionals.
• Available to students from around the world, our courses are taught in English or Italian. Subjects include Fashion Design, Fashion Styling, Fashion Brand Management, and Interior Design among many others.
• Our comprehensive courses allow students to enter the job market as experienced and competent professionals with expert skills and knowledge.
• The Accademia del Lusso’s innovative educational approach comprises two closely interconnected areas of specialization: a technical-creative emphasis and a management emphasis.
• In order to improve the student-to-faculty ratio, the maximum class size is 12 made up of international students.
• Our school was founded with the intention of providing high-level training to motivated young people who plan to build a career in fashion as well as to industry professionals who seek to improve and update their skills.
Student Testimonial: "I really enjoyed the time I spent in Accademia del Lusso. The courses that I have attended have helped me to develop my knowledge of the fashion business and to open my mind and see things from a different point of view. The teachers too have been very good to me (with very little exceptions)."
• Alchimia is a private professional contemporary jewellery school in the historic city of Florence in Northern Italy.
• We provide academic jewellery design courses at Bachelor's (BFA) degree, Masters (MFA) degree, and 1-year academic courses, as well as short-term, intensive programs including evening classes, weekend courses, 2 week to 3 month courses, and summer study options.
• Our short courses are available year-round, and have open dates, with individual study programs (max. 5 students) to offer the opportunity to experience contemporary jewellery to both beginners and advanced students.
• Our Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree courses are accredited by the European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools (E.A.B.H.E.S.), an organisation that allows all of our students to obtain a European Bachelor’s degree.
• Alchimia’s objective is to teach students to express their creativity through contemporary jewelry, developing high-quality technical and theoretical skills.
• The students of Alchimia are mentored and tutored by a team of experts in jewellery, design, and the visual arts.
• Our mission is to provide students with a supportive and practical work environment. Interaction with our instructors and technicians gives students the conceptual and technical knowledge about contemporary jewellery necessary to prepare them as professional makers, artists and designers.
Style Design College (SDC) is an Internationally accredited institution that offers the very best design and photography courses. All courses are taught in English by top International Lecturers that are experts in their fields. The Campus is situated in the historical centre and fashion capital of Milan, Italy which provides exciting opportunities for the students.
Students from around the world join the full time Diploma and Certificate courses starting in March and October. Many students also join the college for summer courses or one semester. SDC arranges accommodation for all foreign students and English Language, and Italian lessons are offered to students wishing to improve on these languages.
SDC boasts a very high employment rate for graduates as the College has a strong focus on teaching students the vital skills required by the industry. The close relationships formed between SDC and industry have resulted in close partnerships, internships and successful employment opportunities.
Photography school that offers comprehensive photography courses taught in Italian and English language - year-round, in the evenings and in summer.
We welcome international students from around the world, as well as students living in Italy. Our courses include fashion photography and private photography, and are suitable for all levels - from complete beginner to advanced.
The Florence Art Studio offers custom-made, intensive art courses in drawing and painting for students of all levels and backgrounds in the heart of Florence city center.
Taught entirely in English, our intensive Art Program is divided into 6 separate modules covering drawing & painting skills, with each module serving as the foundation for the next. Alternatively, you can choose to take any module as a stand-alone course, from one week to a month or longer.
We help students achieve their goals in the most time-effective way possible through intensive individual training and one on one instruction.
Our students learn how to learn, be patient, disciplined, and objectively self-critical to transform every small obstacle or challenge into a rewarding lesson.
We seek students wishing to learn for self-improvement only. We do not offer academic credit, but we are affiliated with the British Institute of Florence, an accredited institution by the Tuscan government.
Student Testimonial: "I enjoyed learning how each artist accomplished their work while learning the history as well. I highly recommend this type of art education to anyone interested in becoming an artist or if you already are and want to hone your skills.” - Kelly Schlegel, Art Student, New Mexico, USA
Located in Florence, Tuscany in northern Italy, Accademia del Giglio is a private school which is specifically aimed at helping international students to gain proficiency in Art, Art History, the Italian language, and the many aspects of Italian culture. At Accademia del Giglio every effort is made to satisfy the student's needs and provide enjoyable lessons in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We are accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education.
Students have the opportunity to attend our Art courses either in English or in Italian, in a peaceful and multicutural atmosphere. They can be easily introduced into basic drawing and painting techniques or improve their artistic skills by studying traditional techniques such as oil, watercolour and fresco.
Our school can also offer more in-depth workshops and art seminars on one specific technique or subject, such as sketchbook, portrait, landscape, sanguine and other classical methods. We also offer Italian language courses.
Art & Culture Courses:
- Taught in Italian and English:
- Long-term Visual Art course
- Art History courses
- Drawing and Painting techniques
- Oil and Watercolour techniques
- Life Drawing courses
- Fresco workshops
- Fine Arts Academy preparation
- Art Therapy courses
- One-Day Art programmes
- Summer Art workshops
- Autumn / Winter Art seminars