César Ritz Colleges Switzerland:
César Ritz Colleges Switzerland has two locations: One in Le Bouvret, near Geneva in West Switzerland and another in Brig-Glis, Valais in southern Switzerland. We offer hospitality business education programs at undergraduate and postgraduate level which prepare our students for the exciting and dynamic industry in which they have chosen to make a successful career. At our colleges, we are inspired by the uncompromising professionalism shown by “The Hotelier of Kings and The King of Hoteliers”, César Ritz, the founder of The Ritz and Ritz-Carlton hotels. A future hotel manager needs to learn professional skills and gain relevant practical experience in order to set high standards for all his employees.
The Higher Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management, and Bachelor and Master of International Business awards offered by “César Ritz” Colleges are accredited in Switzerland. The accreditation authority is the “Conseil de la Formation et de la Recherche Universitaires (CoFRU)”, established under the auspices of the State of Valais Department of Education, Culture and Sport, Switzerland. Since 1999, the Diploma offered at Institut Hôtelier “César Ritz” has also been accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEAS&C), America’s oldest regional accrediting association, based in Massachusetts.
"César Ritz” Colleges Switzerland works in partnership with leading educators and universities worldwide. Our partners are selected on the basis of academic excellence in the delivery of hotel, tourism and business management programmes. This provides our students with multicultural and international experience delivered with a global perspective without the limitations of national or cultural boundaries.
“César Ritz” Colleges Switzerland offers world-class hospitality business education. Our priorities are academic rigour, Swiss professional training, multicultural awareness, and a caring approach to the personal development of our students. We are proud of our worldwide network of hospitality employers and alumni. Our graduates are industry professionals and leaders who exceed customer and employer expectations through their persistent dedication to excellence. In order to achieve our mission, “César Ritz” Colleges must accomplish the following criteria:
* To be professional:
We are inspired by the uncompromising professionalism displayed by “The Hotelier of Kings and The King of Hoteliers”, César Ritz, the founder of The Ritz and Ritz-Carlton hotels.
* To be international and multicultural:
There is no other profession requiring talents for dealing with all sorts of different cultures and languages than the hospitality industry. This industry welcomes guests from all corners of the world and hotel staff need to make clients feel at home in their hotel.
* To be entrepreneurial:
Without a solid business plan, strategies, management and controls, any business will fail. It is our mission to teach our students the best business practice and at the same time instill a sense of innovation and creativity into the minds of our students.
* To care:
Within the hotel industry all stakeholders must be taken care of to ensure sustainable success: the guests need to be considered individually, by caring staff who understand their requirements, the owners need to generate profits to enable them to make further investments, the employees desire for advancement in their careers has to be considered, and lastly the environment needs to be protected to ensure a successful quality of life.
* To prepare students for successful careers:
The proof of the success of our mission is the employability of our graduates. The Leadership Programme provides students with the necessary social skills which are so important to succeed in the hospitality business and in any service industry.
* Career advancement:
By connecting the hospitality industry with the school, we know that we are being updated regularly with the requirements of the major hotel chains whilst also preparing our students for the employment process by having major hotel chains make presentations and conduct on campus interviews. Every student has numerous opportunities for interviews.
- Higher Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of International Business in Hotel & Tourism Management
- PGD in International Hospitality Management
- Master of International Business in Hotel & Tourism Management
- MSc in International Hospitality Management.
* Programs are taught in English. German, French and Spanish are also introduced in the programs.
* Small class sizes (15-20 students per class on average) which means that you will be treated as an individual, obtaining greater support and attention.
* A teacher/student ratio of 1:15 which, again, means personal attention.
* Employability: through our Leadership Programme, all diploma/bachelor students receive essential preparation for their career, socially, professionally and academically. The programme places particular emphasis on issues such as problem-solving, effective communication, ability to work in and to lead teams, and respect for other cultures.
* Careers fairs in different parts of the world to visit hotels and meet with their management and “César Ritz” alumni.
* A Swiss bachelor degree (from “César Ritz” Colleges) and a European master’s (from Manchester Metropolitan University, UK) can be obtained in 4 years.
* Every student experiences one Swiss and one international paid internship, each lasting six months.
* The quality of a school is reflected by the quality of its alumni and students: we are proud of our alumni network, which currently comprises 33 chapters in 29 countries. A total of 2,700 alumni participated in the 63 annual reunions held during 2007.
* We offer students: individual attention; career and personal development; and a caring, career-orientated environment, combining academic and professional excellence.
* In 1986, the “César Ritz” Foundation in the Canton of Valais and Mrs Monique Ritz, daughter-in-law of the famous hotelier, did us the honour of allowing us to name our colleges after César Ritz, the King of hoteliers and the Hotelier of kings.
The hospitality industry is the largest employer in the world and offers a lot of exciting career opportunities. “César Ritz” Colleges educates top class professionals who are well prepared for this demanding industry. In other words, there is a bright future for our “César Ritz” graduates out there.
To help our students succeed in the hospitality industry, we offer a range of services, designed to assist them in taking the first step towards their career:
• How to write a professional CV and cover letter
• Master job-search methods and interview techniques
• 4 staff members are available to assist in finding paid internships in Switzerland and around the world
• Annual Career Development Conference in Switzerland
• Career trips to interesting destinations worldwide
• Frequent industry visits (campus recruitment)
Switzerland is the ideal option for international students who wish to study abroad. The safe environment, natural beauty, cleanliness, cultural and linguistic diversity, and Swiss reputation for excellence and professionalism add to the experience.
Switzerland’s mountains, valleys, lakes and glaciers offer students year-round opportunities for outdoor activities, such as skiing, skating, ice-hockey, cycling, hiking, mountain biking and horse riding. World-renowned festivals take place throughout the calendar year, satisfying all tastes in music from pop and jazz to classical. You can also visit various exhibitions such as the famous International Motor Show in Geneva. In short, Switzerland offers an extensive range of activities.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: le Bouveret, route Cantonale 51, Genève, Switzerland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.