IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland:
IMI University Centre – International Management Institute Switzerland is a leading hotel management school in Switzerland offering a selection of internationally-recognised certificate, diploma and bachelor degree programs in the areas of tourism, hospitality, culinary arts and events management, as well as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in International Hotel Management. Our highly specialized hospitality and tourism management institution provides opportunities for talented individuals from around the world to take up professional positions in the world’s largest industry. The language of instruction is English.
IMI has various accreditation, memberships and validation agreements:
* Our British academic partner, Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) validates all of our courses ranging from the Certificate to the newly validated Masters in Business Administration (MBA). This means that students studying these courses at IMI will receive a stand-alone certificate from Manchester Metropolitan University with full international recognition, as well a separate certificate from IMI.
* The Swiss Private School Register - The purpose of this Register is to certify high standards of educational services and thereby demonstrate the integrity and credibility of the registered private schools to the public, to authorities and to students.
* BAC (British Accreditation Council) accreditation is regarded by students, agents and governments throughout the world as a very reliable guide to educational quality within the private sector.
* The quality of the courses we deliver is also regulated by the UK's Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).
* IMI has been awarded the top level of QQQ from Swiss Tourism. There are ONLY 3 Hotel Management Schools which have been accredited with this label of superior quality.
* IMI is certified by EDUQUA for all its programmes. EDUQUA is the leading quality label in Switzerland for higher education and accredits over 880 schools, institutes and academies throughout the country.
* IMI is certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). which is the world's largest developer and publisher of international standards. IMI was one of the first Swiss Colleges to meet ISO's exacting standards of 9001:2000 showing that its commitment to continual improvement in quality.
* National Memberships: Swiss Federation of Private Schools; Luzerne Tourism; Schweiz Tourismus.
* International Memberships: AEHT - Association Européenne des Ecoles d'Hôtellerie et de Tourisme (European Association of Hotel and Tourism Schools), PATA - Pacific Asia Travel Association and Institute of Hospitality.
Established in 1991, we are one of Switzerlands oldest Hotel Management Schools. In addition, we are among the very few Hotel Schools which is 100% Swiss owned. IMI is a highly specialized hospitality and tourism management institution which educates and trains individuals from around the globe. We provide internationally recognized certificate, diploma, bachelor degree and master's degree qualifications, excellent career prospects and quality training. In any one semester at IMI, there are around 35 different nationalities represented. We strictly regulate the mix of the student body to ensure that no one country or culture dominates and that every student gets a truly international experience.
At IMI, we offer a range of internationally-recognised certificate, diploma, bachelor degree and master's degree programs in the areas of tourism, hospitality and events management:
Undergraduate Certificate & Diploma Courses:
- Certificate in International Hotel & Tourism Management
- Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism Management
- IMI Higher Diploma Courses: International Hotel Management; International Tourism Management; International Hotel & Tourism Management; International Tourism & Events Management; International Hotel & Events Management ; Restaurant Management; Hospitality Entrepreneurship.
Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) Degree Courses:
International Hotel Management; International Tourism Management; International Hotel & Tourism Management; International Tourism & Events Management; International Hotel & Events Management; Hospitality Entrepreneurship; Restaurant Management.
Postgraduate Degree & Diploma Courses:
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel & Events Management
- IMI Luzern MBA
- MBA in International Hospitality Management
- University English Preparatory Programme (UEPP) - Improve your English level to the required entry standard before commencing your IMI programme.
- Pre-Sessional English Course (PSEC) - If you already meet the required standard of English for your chosen course, but would like to refresh your language skills, students on the PSEC courses can join the last four weeks of an equivalent UEPP course.
- All courses are taught through English. However, students may also learn an additional language (French, German or Spanish). Having a knowledge of a second language enhances one's employability.
Please see the Programs page for a full list of programs.
* The Internship is an opportunity for the student to put the theoretical skills they gain during their studies into practical use.
* After each academic semester, students have an opportunity to do an Internship of 5- 6 months in Switzerland, or as an alternative during 6-24 months abroad.
* Undergraduate students must complete at least one Internship period during their studies. However, they can chose to do so after any academic semester up to the BA level.
While studying at IMI, students are accommodated in single or twin rooms, with a breathtaking view of either Lake Lucerne, or the Alps. We do have 180+ on-campus rooms and 80+ off campus in town (12 minutes by bus). We suggest new students to be on campus and if later they wish more proximity to the city, they may consider one of 3 off campus living options.
- All our rooms are equipped with TV and refrigerators and most with a direct phone line where students can be reached directly in their rooms.
"Really I must say I am very proud of IMI and happy that I studied there, because even now 7 years after my graduation, I still find them as my family and support when needed." - Sanja
"The Career Fairs provide such a great platform for students to meet with professionals from the top of the hospitality industry. Without this, I would not have achieved my position as Corporate Trainee at Hyatt. Thank you IMI" - Gerald
"I learned more in these 6 months..than I learned in my 4 years at a top hospitality university in the USA. The MBA program has fully prepared me to be a leader in the industry..I HIGHLY recommend IMI as the Hospitality University of choice." - Leslie, USA
Specific Contact Pages: - MBA in Hospitality Mgmt
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Seeacherweg 1, Kastanienbaum, Lucerne, Switzerland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.