International School of Berne Study Abroad:
The International School of Berne is an international day school providing an English language education for children of over 40 nationalities. Our school year extends from August until June, and we now offer a semester or year-long homestay study abroad program for high school students ages 14 to 19 (Grades 8 - 12). Study abroad students will become extended members of the families of IS Berne students or other local Swiss families, (with English, French and German language immersion benefits). The nearby Bern-Belp Airport receives flights from many major European cities, and Zurich International Airport is approximately 1 hour away by car/bus.
- Fully Accredited International School
IS Berne was first accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in 1984 and reaccredited in 1994 and 2004. With over 280 students from 40 nations and staff from 12 nations, we are a truly international community.
- International Baccalaureate Program
The International School of Berne offers the programmes of the International Baccalaureate (IB) to our study abroad students. Students in grades 8 - 10 undertake the IB Middle Years Programme, or IBMYP, while students in grades 11 and 12 complete the prestigious and internationally recognised IB Diploma programme. Graduating students are awarded our own High School Diploma, as well as having the opportunity to sit external examinations leading to the award of the IB Diploma, a qualification that is accepted by universities around the world.
- Extra-curricular Activities
Life at the International School of Berne is not limited to the classroom. Students from grade 12 to the Early Learning Center have the opportunity to take part in numerous extra curricular activities, ranging from sports teams, hobby clubs, student councils and community service initatives. Additionally, all Kindergarten through grade 12 students ski, skate or snowboard every Friday of the winter season.
We offer high quality, academically sound education to an international student body in a supportive and understanding environment
- By developing and adopting an English language curriculum from preschool to grade 12
- By nurturing an atmosphere of trust between students, staff, administrators and parents
We promote a positive attitude towards creativity, allowing students to actively engage in the learning process
- By providing a wide variety of stimulating learning experiences, allowing students to acquire the concepts, skills and attitudes necessary to develop their full individual potential
- By helping students to assess their own abilities and become independent learners, able to solve problems, work in groups and set priorities
We promote a sense of community in the school so that students and staff develop a sense of belonging to the school
- By providing a stable, secure and welcoming atmosphere for all individuals within the school
- By providing opportunities for students to develop friendships outside the classroom and by offering recreational activities
We encourage cultural understanding, tolerance and the enjoyment of diversity
- By exposing students to different cultures through a well planned international curriculum mindful of the views and beliefs of others
- By promoting positive attitudes towards the host country, Switzerland, through study of its main languages German and French and the country’s physical and cultural diversity
A limited number of spaces have been extended to select, qualifying students worldwide. The programme is an exclusive, innovative and premier study abroad option in Switzerland. Students attend classes full-time at the IS Berne campus in the village of Gümligen, a short distance from the heart of Berne, a UNESCO World Heritage City. Our specialized study abroad program includes:
- Grades 8 - 12 (ages 14 - 19)
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- English, French or German speaking homestay (stay with a local Swiss family)
- Visa application assistance
Our academic program includes:
- Language and Literature: English, French and German
- Language B: English, French and German
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Mattenstrasse 3 3073 Guemligen, Bern, Switzerland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.