Design courses in Florence: Interior design school in Italy, bachelor & master degree programs in graphic design & industrial design. Study abroad programs in Europe for Americans, international students.
Florence Design Academy: The Florence Design Academy is located in the center of Florence in Italy. The F.D.A. is one of the best and futuristic design schools in Europe for its international award winner teachers and designers with amazing talent. Our school offers high quality equipment and the use of powerful and modern tools. The fusion of our technology and methods are the base of a professional career.
Academic and Master degree courses in Interior Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, 3D graphic, and 3D animation. All of our courses are taught in English. An Italian language course is offered free to our students. Interior Design The interior design course is offered as one year course, two year course and three year course. These courses offer the knowledge and experiences that one needs to become a competetive interior designer. Interior design is an important part of our life and creates personality in a room. Important themes are light, color, shadows, materials, shapes, furniture design and architectural details in a ambient. Our students use high-tech equipment to realize their ideas, just like in professional design-studios.
Graphic Design The graphic design course is offered as one year course, two year course and three year course. These courses offer the knowledge and experiences of traditional art techniques and modern digital art techniques that one needs to know to become a competetive graphic designer. Our teachers are professional graphic designers with solid backgrounds. They offer practical knowledge in traditional graphic design, graphic art, digital design, 3D graphics, 3D animations, character design, and comic art.
Industrial Design The industrial design course is offered as one year course, two year course and three year course. These courses offer the knowledge and experiences that one needs to know to become a competetive product designer. Every product must have two characteristics: functionality and appearance. The combination of shapes, colors, materials, technology and design will give the object a new dimension. The teachers of our industrial design school offer precious knowledge in traditional and modern industrial design, graphic art, digital design, 3D graphics and 3D animations.
European Cultural Academy - Art, Architecture & Design Courses
Courses / Programs
• Experience Venice, Italy and the Venice Biennale together with like-minded students from all over the world with immersive and creative art & design courses from the European Cultural Academy (ECA).
• The aim of the ECA is to enhance knowledge and advance your career in architecture, art, design, and other creative industries.
• Our participants come from all backgrounds and the course is open for anyone with an interest in arts, architecture and culture.
• For more than a decade, we have helped creative communities to increase visibility, build connections and make a lasting impact on their careers.
• You and your peers are immersed in an inspiring environment led by renowned faculty and industry experts. Gain new skills to create greater impact with your work immediately.
• Prominent professors in related fields ensure a solid academic component and will enable you to gain a wider perspective.
• Our faculty includes artists, designers, curators, gallerists, architects and scholars that will help you to build necessary skills and enable you to navigate through an opaque and very competitive industry.
Contemporary Art, Architecture & Design Courses in summer, spring & fall - taught in English:
• Join for 1 week to focus on a particular topic
• Join for 2 weeks to cover wider field of subjects
• Join for 3 weeks for in-depth all-round experience and extra opportunities
Course Options: • Contemporary Art
• Contemporary Architecture - Opening Of The Architecture Biennale
• Contemporary Architecture
• Venice Architecture Biennale
• Design: The World Around Us
• 3-Day Venice Architecture Biennale Power Course
Conveniently situated in Milan in northern Italy, the beautiful and famous Maimeri Art School provides a range of art, photography and Italian language Certificate courses to students from around the world. Students can avail of 1 week or 1 month study options. Participants can choose to take Art or Photography alongside the Italian Language course, or separate, single subject Certificate programs.
Students receive an excellent education in classic & contemporary art styles, modern photography techniques, and beginner to advanced level Italian. In addition, you will have the opportunity to show your work through public exhibitions.
Founded in 1997, our school was named in honor of one of the most famous painters of Italy Gianni Maimeri (1884-1951). We aim to teach different art techniques to students with different levels of knowledge or skill - from beginner to advanced levels. We also organize trips to other cities in Italy & guided tours around Milan to make your stay memorable and enjoyable.
The Florence Art Studio offers custom-made, intensive art courses in drawing and painting for students of all levels and backgrounds in the heart of Florence city center.
Taught entirely in English, our intensive Art Program is divided into 6 separate modules covering drawing & painting skills, with each module serving as the foundation for the next. Alternatively, you can choose to take any module as a stand-alone course, from one week to a month or longer.
We help students achieve their goals in the most time-effective way possible through intensive individual training and one on one instruction.
Our students learn how to learn, be patient, disciplined, and objectively self-critical to transform every small obstacle or challenge into a rewarding lesson.
We seek students wishing to learn for self-improvement only. We do not offer academic credit, but we are affiliated with the British Institute of Florence, an accredited institution by the Tuscan government.
Student Testimonial: "I enjoyed learning how each artist accomplished their work while learning the history as well. I highly recommend this type of art education to anyone interested in becoming an artist or if you already are and want to hone your skills.” - Kelly Schlegel, Art Student, New Mexico, USA
• Study Italian cuisine in the heart of Florence with Florence Culinary Arts School. We provide a wide range of Professional Chef courses year round and in summer, with long-term and short-term study options to students from around the world.
• In addition to our complete culinary training programs, we also provide short specialized courses and custom Italian Home Cooking programs.
• You will cover a range of recipes - from traditional to modern dishes. In addition, you will be exposed to the latest international culinary trends, as well as acquiring up to date information on culinary business practice.
• Our graduates are now playing active roles in diverse fields in the Italian culinary business worldwide. Our students gain hands-on culinary experience in Italy.
• What better place to learn about food than Florence - the capital of Fine Arts. The city is well known worldwide for its artistic heritage, but is also prominent in the field of gastronomy.
• Florence is blessed with a wide variety of ingredients, as Tuscany is known as the heart of Italian culinary tradition.
• Students in all of our courses are encouraged to learn from various experiences, not only to study in the school, but to go out and discover the wonders of Italian food.
Italian Cuisine Professional Chef Courses: • Chef Training + Restaurant Internship
• Italian Cuisine Chef Training Course (8 weeks)
• Italian Cuisine Quick Learning Course (6 weeks)
Further Food & Beverage Courses: • Italian Home Cooking classes
• 1-Day Short Cooking courses
• Restaurant Internship course
• Italian Language + Restaurant Internship
• Barista course
• Gelato course
• Sommelier course
• Italian Cooking Summer course
• Italian Cooking Christmas course
• Group training for Foreign Culinary Schools
• Founded in 1961, Istituto di Moda Burgo is a long-established fashion school located in Milan's vibrant city centre.
• We offer high-quality academic year and short summer courses in Fashion Design, Fashion Stylist, Dressmaking, and Pattern Making - taught in English and Italian language.
• We provide 'Normal' and 'Intensive' study options for each course. 'Normal' courses last from 1-2 years, while 'Intensive' options run between 5 months and 1 year.
• Thanks to over 50 years experience in the fashion industry, Istituto di Moda Burgo's methodology and passion for Italian fashion and style has been exported to many fashion design schools, colleges, public and private universities abroad.
• We also offer our 4 main academic-year fashion programs at our school in Rome.
Student Review: "I had a great time at this school where I noticed the care with which the subjects are taught. The teachers are precise. I learned in a short time a new method. I'm very satisfied!" - Francesca