Girls boarding school in Switzerland: International boarding school for girls in Europe, private secondary school offering A-levels, IGCSEs & American high school diploma. All-female residential school in Montreux, close to Geneva.
Surval Montreux: Surval Montreux is a small international boarding school for girls between the ages of 13 and 18. Set in a stunning location in the slopes above Montreux in the Swiss Alps, it looks out across the Lake Geneva to the mountains beyond. We provide IGCSEs, A Levels, Foundation Year, American High School Diploma and a Liberal Arts Programme focused on combining social and practical skills, languages and a strong cultural and creative focus. We also offer comprehensive Summer and Winter Camp programmes. Classes are taught through English, with additional language courses available throughout each curriculum
Surval Montreux is set in a stunning hillside location just above the town of Montreux-the centre of the Montreux Riviera. Located in the slopes above Montreux, the school looks out across Lake Geneva to the mountains beyond.
Situated in the stunning village of Gstaad overlooking the Swiss Alps, Gstaad International School is a co-educational boarding school for students ages 13-19 that specialises in an exclusive, high-quality boarding school education set within a unique, intimate and nurturing environment. The school offers an international curriculum consisting of British IGCSE and A Levels, American High School Diploma, Foundation Year and a tailored Pre-University Foundation Programme, in addition to a Summer Programme.
While English is the primary language of instruction, there is also a comprehensive English-as-an-Additional-Language (EAL) programme in place throughout the curriculum. Each academic programme can be tailored to the needs of our students, and we provide continuous academic guidance to our students to help choose the right path for their future goals.
At Gstaad International School our mission is to develop compassionate men and women who will go on to be leaders in their chosen professions and of good influence in the world.
Ideally located in Central Europe, Aiglon College is an English-speaking, independent, co-educational, international boarding school in south-western Switzerland. We offer a well-rounded education to students ages 9-18 in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented.
Situated in the French-speaking village of Chesieres-Villars in the Swiss Alps, Aiglon College is easily accessible by car or public transport. Geneva International Airport is only 1.5 hours away.
All courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers.
The school follows the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. For the final two years, sixth-form students study the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme.
Our campus combines the traditional charm of chalet-style buildings with modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories and a campus-wide computer network. There is a staff to pupil ratio of 1 to 5 and an average of 8 students per class.
English-speaking boarding school for international students ages 9-18:
- Junior School
- Middle School - British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE exams
- Sixth Form - International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme
- Snowsports & Languages Programme at Easter (April)
- Languages & Sports Summer School (July)
- IELTS exam preparation
- U.S. American College Board Exams preparation...
Calling Global Parents of boarding students to consider quality education in German-speaking Austria as an alternative for your child, and Vienna, a city of rich historical beauty & culture in the heart of modern Europe.
AMADEUS International School is a private day and boarding school in Vienna, Austria based in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility. The first international boarding school in Vienna, our programmes are designed for primary, middle and secondary school students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. We warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, race, or physical ability.
Our quality academic programmes include the high honors-level IB Diploma, as well as the standard-level High School Diploma programme, both of which are taught in English.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5-10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
Our boarding programmes offer a 'Home Away From Home' atmosphere and include weekly or semester boarding to international students and local students. All of our premises are completely renovated to state-of-the-art boarding standards.
Academic Programmes - boarding from Grade 6:
- Primary School and Middle School programmes
- High honors-level IB Diploma programme taught in English for secondary school students
- Standard-level High School Diploma programme taught in English for Grades 7-12
- Professional classical music education
Boarding school features:
- Day boarding and Full boarding available from Grade 6; weekly boarding possible upon request
- Purpose-built boarding facilities
- Full-time boarding staff & security
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Switzerland, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Situated on the shores of Lake Geneva, close to the Alpine town of Montreux in south-west Switzerland, St. George's School in Switzerland is an international day and boarding school that caters to boys and girls from around the world.
We provide a complete educational programme in English with an increasingly French bilingual approach for children aged 3 to 19.
Academically, our students are prepared for public examination with the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and International Baccalaureate (IB), as well as through our own High School Diploma (HSD).
Founded as a British school, St. George's aims to combine its well-structured, traditional ethos with academic excellence in an international environment.
We strive to develop leadership skills in our children through all that we do, especially in sport and the creative arts, with an emphasis placed on integrity, teamwork and celebrating success.
Situated just south of Zurich in Wädenswil, northern Switzerland, Zurich International School is a leading, non-profit international day school based on American models offering a comprehensive education program taught in English for students aged 2 to 18 in the greater Zurich and Baden areas. Over 1,300 students from more than 45 countries attend one of the school’s five campuses. ZIS offers Advanced Placement courses (AP) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB).
As an IB Organisation World School we are accredited by both the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in the U.S. ZIS is also officially approved by the Departments of Education of the Cantons of Zurich and Aargau. A strong academic program, centered around the traditional core disciplines, prepares students for entrance into colleges, universities, or other institutions. In addition, the school provides courses and learning support services which address the needs of a student body diverse in educational background and ability. More than 90% of the graduating seniors enter universities and institutions of higher learning worldwide.
- Programs from pre-school to grade 12
- Curriculum follows Amercian College Preparatory Models with Advanced Placement Courses and English, history, foreign languages, mathematics, science, creative arts, and physical education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB)
- Primary Years Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
- English is the main language of instruction with German and French taught as second languages
- ESL (English as a Second Language) Program