Private school for troubled kids in Houston TX: Special needs school for at-risk children & teens with learning disabilities, Aspergers, ADHD. Special education for preschool, elementary, & middle school students in Harris County TX with emotional issues, behavioral problems..
The Harris School: Situated on Lovett Boulevard in downtown Houston TX, The Harris School provides a comprehensive Preschool through Grade 8 curriculum for at-risk children who are intellectually average to above average, have needs that are not being met in a traditional school setting, and are not functioning at their full potential due to underlying social or emotional difficulties. Our program is specifically designed for children who are experiencing anxiety or depression, have suffered trauma, or those diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome, Asperger’s Disorder, ADHD, PDD, SID, ODD, and Bipolar Disorder among others.
Fort Worth Save Our Children, located on the south-east side of Fort Worth in North Central Texas, is a daycare facility and private school offering programs to children ages 6 months to 13 years old. From it's beginnings as a daycare facility in a tiny rented house, Save Our Children has grown to a facility housed in three buildings and serving over 100 young people.
The hard work and dedication of the Save Our Children staff has resulted in toddlers that recognize and write alphabets and numbers, kindergartners who are able to read and perform mathematical tasks above grade, as well as first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders who typically excel one to two years beyond their peers academically.
• Conveniently situated in Rice Village in south-central Houston (close to Downtown), Crossing Borders is a leading year-round provider of foreign language classes and summer camps for kids.
• We offer summer language camps for preschoolers and school students in Spanish, French, Chinese, and English.
• Our summer language immersion programs are held in June, July, and August.
• Kids are grouped by age and also by competency. Whether your child is a complete beginner, or at a more advanced level, they will be placed in the group that best suits their needs, and that they find challenging.
• We are committed to the success of each student, and to helping them to reach their full potential! You will be amazed at how much your child will progress in a short space of time on our innovative programs!
Parent Review: “I can't say enough about the management and teachers at Crossing Borders. It's much easier to go to work in the mornings knowing that my son is well taken care of in my absence." - Heidi (Sebastian’s mom)
The Highlands School, located in Irving (15 minutes west of downtown Dallas), Texas, is a fully accredited, private, Catholic, college preparatory, school offering grades PK–12. The rigorous college preparatory program of sciences, history, mathematics, literature, religion, and philosophy prepares students for the college or university of their choice. Students are guided in their study through lectures, small seminars, and laboratory work. The Highlands School embraces personalized attention with dedicated faculty in the Pre-K through twelfth grades.
The Highlands School was founded in 1986 and in 1999 became a fully accredited Catholic School by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools in 2006 (SACS).
St. John´s Episcopal School is located in McAllen, part of the McAllen–Edinburg–Mission Metropolitan Statistical Area in Hidalgo County, Texas. St. John´s is a private co-educational school for children from 2 years through 5th grade. We provide preschool, prekindergarten and elementary school programs. Our fun curriculum includes language arts, reading, science, math, social studies, music, art, computers and P.E.
At St. John’s Episcopal School we strive to provide, in a Christian environment, a thorough academic program that meets the intellectual, spiritual, and physical needs of all of its students. We are committed to the full development of the whole child – mind, body and spirit. We provide a challenging environment – strong in discipline, combined with love and security. St. John's Episcopal School is fully accredited by the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES).
- Programs for children from two years old through 5th grade
- Preschool, prekindergarten, kindergarten and elementary school programs
- Our fun curriculum includes language arts, reading, science, math, social studies, music, art, computers and P.E.
Located in Houston in Harris County, TX, Awty International School is a private, co-educational, college-preparatory day school offering programs from preschool through to 12th grade. We are unique among Houston's private schools in that our multi-national student body and strong language programs provide a multi-cultural experience not available elsewhere. Each student takes a second language, English, French or Spanish. We also offer native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic & Dutch.
We offer students two academic programs: A traditional American college preparatory curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate or the French Baccalaureate. Students in both International Baccalaureate and French Baccalaureate programs must meet the requirements for an American high school diploma which includes credits in fine arts, computer science and American history.
Awty International School is accredited by the Council for International Schools (C.I.S). With 50 nationalities in our student body, our students learn from each other about countries around the world. There simply is no other school in Houston which offers these unique opportunities.
College Preparatory Curriculum for Children in Preschool through 12th Grade:
- Leading to the International Baccalaureate or French Baccalaureate:
- International Section
- French Section
- Primary, Middle and Upper Schools
- All students take a second language - English, French or Spanish
- Native language programs in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic and Dutch
- Subjects include English, history, mathematics, science, foreign Language, computer science, P.E. and fine arts
Conveniently located in Missouri City TX, in Fort Bend County just 20 minutes from Downtown Houston, Little Wonders Learning Center provides Reggio Emilia-inspired education programs for children from infants through elementary school.
Our curriculum is child-centered and based on the Reggio Emilia approach - which promotes education through the development of all of their languages: expressive, communicative, symbolic, cognitive, ethical, metaphorical, logical, imaginative and relational.