Design schools in Rome: Fashion courses in Italy, bachelor's degree programs in interior design, product design & costume design. Study abroad programs in Europe for Americans & international students, summer design courses in Italy, Italian language classes in Rome.
Accademia Italiana: The Accademia Italiana is a leading international fashion and design school with campuses in both Rome and Florence, Italy.
Located in a lively, commercial area near to the historic center of the Eternal City, the Accademia Italiana Rome campus is conveniently situated just a few steps away from the Trastevere train station. Our modern facilities include computer laboratories, art studio, workshops for sewing and pattern design, classrooms with audio-visual equipment, reading room, as well as large multi-use spaces and an art gallery.
The Istituto d’Arte Applicata e Design (IAAD) in Turin (Torino), Italy is a design school offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the fields of industrial design, interior and furniture design, advertising and graphic design and transportation design. It was founded in 1978 by the initiative of a group of professionals that operate in the field of visual communication and product design. The teaching-staff, supported by visiting professors, is mainly composed by professionals, tightly linked to the national and international “design system”.
IAAD focuses on filling the distance between students and job opportunities (end of year thesis developments in partnerships with Italian and international firms, forming internships, creation of public exhibitions). The institute is recognised as an important reference point for the firms that are looking for highly qualified professionals in design. Our aim is to guide the best students in their first steps towards their professional future.
The Florence Art Studio offers custom-made, intensive art courses in drawing and painting for students of all levels and backgrounds in the heart of Florence city center.
Taught entirely in English, our intensive Art Program is divided into 6 separate modules covering drawing & painting skills, with each module serving as the foundation for the next. Alternatively, you can choose to take any module as a stand-alone course, from one week to a month or longer.
We help students achieve their goals in the most time-effective way possible through intensive individual training and one on one instruction.
Our students learn how to learn, be patient, disciplined, and objectively self-critical to transform every small obstacle or challenge into a rewarding lesson.
We seek students wishing to learn for self-improvement only. We do not offer academic credit, but we are affiliated with the British Institute of Florence, an accredited institution by the Tuscan government.
Student Testimonial: "I enjoyed learning how each artist accomplished their work while learning the history as well. I highly recommend this type of art education to anyone interested in becoming an artist or if you already are and want to hone your skills.” - Kelly Schlegel, Art Student, New Mexico, USA
• Founded in 1983, Accademia Riaci is an Academy of Art and Design in Florence, Italy.
• Our art and design courses include professional 1-year master courses, 2-year basic courses, 1-year / semester programs, internship programs, summer courses, and short courses (intensive option & private lessons available for students with limited time).
• Subjects offered include jewelry design, interior design, drawing & painting, graphic design, ceramics, glass art, culinary arts & product design among others.
• Our 2-year basic courses are taught in Italian only. All other courses are offered in Italian or English.
• We welcome students from around the world. The diverse background of our students creates a rich multicultural community that promotes the exchange of ideas & viewpoints.
• The student-teacher ratio is kept small (max. 8 students) to value each student's originality and learning styles.
• We provide tailored, hands-on instruction & extensive career development along with training for effective presentation skills, and our graduates achieve professional goals in each field.
• After the successful completion of a 1 or 2 year academic course, students will obtain a diploma. We also offer internship opportunities in various fields so students can enhance their professional experience.
Student Review: "The teachers are excellent, very knowledgeable, and very devoted. I had a great stay and learned a lot. My skills definitely grew and I will apply them in the future." - Svenne
Art & Design Courses in Florence:
• 2-year Basic Courses (taught in Italian)
• 1-year / Semester Courses
• 1-year Master Courses
• Short Art Courses
• Summer Art & Design Courses
• Apprenticeship Programs
• Internship Programs..
• Jewelry Design & Making
• Interior Design
• Product Design
• Graphic Design
• Painting & Drawing
• Glass Art
• Fashion Design
• Leather Art (Shoe / Bag Making & Design)
• Professional Interpretation
• Restoration of Paintings
• Preparation Course for Accademia di Belle Arti
• Italian Language Course...
• Situated in Copanello, just 5 minutes from the beautiful seaside town of Soverato in the Calabria region of Southern Italy, Italian Culinary Institute (formerly Italian Institute for Advanced Culinary and Pastry Arts) is one of Europe's finest chef training academies.
• Founded by Chef John Nocita, ICI presents Italy's most advanced culinary programs for professional chefs, pastry chefs, students, serious home cooks & epicureans. Courses (taught in English or Italian) include full immersion culinary, baking, pastry and gelato programs, with 1-week, 2-week, & 3-month study options available.
• Each of our culinary arts programs include quality hotel accommodation, meals with wine, course materials, culinary travel, market visits, and more!
Student Reviews: "Life changing experience. They approach all culinary endeavors paying due respect to the ingredients being used" - Mark, USA
"Studying at ICI was among the most amazing experiences of my life. I attended courses both as a student and was then invited to be an assistant to Chefs John and Nic. Not only did I get a Great Education but the setting overlooking the Ionian Sea was absolutely marvelous and breathtaking." - Charles, USA
"Attending ICI was the best investment I have ever made for my future. Not only did we learn everything about authentic regional Italian cuisine and become better industry professionals, I learned how to taste and trust my palate. Chef John is a true master and will always be a mentor to me." - Mike, USA
Professional Italian Cooking Courses / Chef Training (in English & Italian)
• Pastry, Desserts & Specialty Breads
• Artisan Italian Gelato: Ice Cream Making Technique & Production
• Artisan Italian Cheese Making
• Traditional Italian Charcuterie: Curing Meats, Sausage Making & Artisanal Salumi
• Foundation of Italian Regional Cuisine: Curing, Pickling & Sun-drying
• Advanced Mediterranean Cuisine
• Italian Culinary Exploration (Gourmet course)
• Alchimia is a private professional contemporary jewellery school in the historic city of Florence in Northern Italy.
• We provide academic jewellery design courses at Bachelor's (BFA) degree, Masters (MFA) degree, and 1-year academic courses, as well as short-term, intensive programs including evening classes, weekend courses, 2 week to 3 month courses, and summer study options.
• Our short courses are available year-round, and have open dates, with individual study programs (max. 5 students) to offer the opportunity to experience contemporary jewellery to both beginners and advanced students.
• Our Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree courses are accredited by the European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools (E.A.B.H.E.S.), an organisation that allows all of our students to obtain a European Bachelor’s degree.
• Alchimia’s objective is to teach students to express their creativity through contemporary jewelry, developing high-quality technical and theoretical skills.
• The students of Alchimia are mentored and tutored by a team of experts in jewellery, design, and the visual arts.
• Our mission is to provide students with a supportive and practical work environment. Interaction with our instructors and technicians gives students the conceptual and technical knowledge about contemporary jewellery necessary to prepare them as professional makers, artists and designers.
Study photography in Italy with Istituto Italiano di Fotografia (IIF)! Situated close to the center of Milan, IIF is a leading European photography school providing quality training courses to international students from around the world, as well as students living in Italy.
IIF offers short and comprehensive photography courses taught in the evenings, year-round & in summer.
With over 20 years experience in teaching photography, IIF is dedicated to helping each student to develop his/her own personal style that captures reality and conveys meaning.
Highly-qualified and experienced, IIF teachers are respected professionals in various fields of photography and visual communication.
We keep class sizes small so that each student gets the individual attention you need. We help you to cultivate your skills, as well as developing your expressive & creative abilities.
Using the most current materials & methods, our teachers aim to stimulate our students through real-world experience in creative projects, implemented in collaboration with editors and companies for publications and exhibitions.
Testimonial: "It’s the IFF team that made this whole process great. I have learned a lot, both in class and outside of class. This class is definitely life-changing for me!”
- Angela, USA