Study design in Italy: Fashion design diploma & certificate courses in Milan, interior design programs abroad. Study photography in Europe for Americans/ international students, summer design courses. Corsi di modo Milano, Corso di fotographia Italia.
Style Design College, Milan: Style Design College (SDC) is an Internationally accredited institution that offers the very best design and photography courses. All courses are taught in English by top international lecturers that are experts in their fields. The Campus is situated in the fashion capital of Milan, Italy which provides exciting opportunities for the students. Students from around the world join the full time diploma and certificate courses starting in March and October. Many students also join the college for summer courses or one semester. SDC arranges accommodation for all foreign students and English Language, and Italian lessons are offered to students wishing to improve on these languages. SDC boasts a very high employment rate for graduates as the College has a strong focus on teaching students the vital skills required by the industry. The close relationships formed between SDC and industry have resulted in close partnerships, internships and successful employment opportunities.
Gain in depth understanding of the Italian fashion industry Learn about the famous Italian designers in fashion history Draw inspiration from the runways and boutiques of Milan Study the Design fundamentals such as colour theory, form, anatomy Learn the art of illustration and stylized fashion drawing Learn to create a pattern Learn to grade a pattern Construct garments from concept, pattern to finished product Learn the properties and characteristics of various fabrics Allow our professionally trained CAD lecturers train you in the skill of computer aided design Be able to conceptualize innovative fashion ideas and be able to create technical drawings for each concept Learn exciting new ways to present work by expanding your work
Interior Design Diploma (2 years) Gain an in-depth understanding of interior and furniture history Visit some of the most impressive palaces and villas in Italy Learn the Design Fundamentals such as form, light, texture etc. Improve your ability to illustrate interiors Gain knowledge in colour theory Use your colour theory in learning new paint techniques for interiors Learn the properties and sources of textiles Learn how to successfully illuminate interiors Learn AutoCAD (drafting CAD) Learn some basic DIY Gain the skill of drafting interiors Learn decorating principles and techniques Participate in various College and industry projects Learn the art of model making Building and construction fundamentals Perform extensive research that will assist in your future career Learn the art of professional presentation Learn budgeting and estimations Acquire basic business skills that will assist you in future
Photography Diploma (2 years)
Getting to know your camera Study the history of photography Learn from some of the greatest International photographers of our time Enjoying exploring your photography skills in one of the most photogenic countries in the world. Make full use of all your cameras features Understanding the effects of various light sources Create a personal style in your creativity of photograph taking Printing images Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop and see the difference it makes to your images Study the fundamentals of portraiture, landscape, commercial and macro photography Learn how to start up your own photography business Exhibit your work at a prestigious annual exhibition hosted by the College inviting all key figures of the industry As the College has various departments you will be used by these departments and work alongside other students in completing projects (such as taking photographs of the Colleges various fashion shows and photoshoots)
Accademia d'Arte e Design Leonetto Cappiello, Florence
Courses / Programs
Located in Florence in the Tuscany region of northern Italy, the Leonetto Cappiello Academy of Art and Design provides year-long diploma courses in Visual Design and Interior Design. In addition, we offer a range of short courses and summer courses to students from Italy and around the world.
With over 50 years of experience in teaching, and thanks to a constant updating of our courses, the Cappiello Academy is a specialized center for training tomorrow’s professionals in Graphics, Interior Design and Decorating, Advertising and Illustration. Highly qualified teachers, who divide their time between professional work and teaching, bring their experience to the classroom and guarantee a first-hand account of work in their field.
An exclusive conceptual approach to projects stimulates thought and creativity and teaches students to realize their ideas through the most up-to-date tools and software used by professionals. We offer scholarships and free orientation days.
• Alchimia is a private professional contemporary jewellery school in the historic city of Florence in Northern Italy.
• We provide academic jewellery design courses at Bachelor's (BFA) degree, Masters (MFA) degree, and 1-year academic courses, as well as short-term, intensive programs including evening classes, weekend courses, 2 week to 3 month courses, and summer study options.
• Our short courses are available year-round, and have open dates, with individual study programs (max. 5 students) to offer the opportunity to experience contemporary jewellery to both beginners and advanced students.
• Our Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree courses are accredited by the European Accreditation Board of Higher Education Schools (E.A.B.H.E.S.), an organisation that allows all of our students to obtain a European Bachelor’s degree.
• Alchimia’s objective is to teach students to express their creativity through contemporary jewelry, developing high-quality technical and theoretical skills.
• The students of Alchimia are mentored and tutored by a team of experts in jewellery, design, and the visual arts.
• Our mission is to provide students with a supportive and practical work environment. Interaction with our instructors and technicians gives students the conceptual and technical knowledge about contemporary jewellery necessary to prepare them as professional makers, artists and designers.
• Situated in the heart of Milan - Italy's fashion capital, Accademia del Lusso provides a range of fashion-related Masters programs, 3-year courses, intensive 1-year programs, summer professional courses, and short courses designed to train and prepare the fashion industry’s most sought-after professionals.
• Available to students from around the world, our courses are taught in English or Italian. Subjects include Fashion Design, Fashion Styling, Fashion Brand Management, and Interior Design among many others.
• Our comprehensive courses allow students to enter the job market as experienced and competent professionals with expert skills and knowledge.
• The Accademia del Lusso’s innovative educational approach comprises two closely interconnected areas of specialization: a technical-creative emphasis and a management emphasis.
• In order to improve the student-to-faculty ratio, the maximum class size is 12 made up of international students.
• Our school was founded with the intention of providing high-level training to motivated young people who plan to build a career in fashion as well as to industry professionals who seek to improve and update their skills.
Student Testimonial: "I really enjoyed the time I spent in Accademia del Lusso. The courses that I have attended have helped me to develop my knowledge of the fashion business and to open my mind and see things from a different point of view. The teachers too have been very good to me (with very little exceptions)."
Situated in the heart of Milan, Italy's fashion capital, Istituto Marangoni provides a comprehenisve range of 3-week Short Introductory Fashion courses as well as 2-week Advanced Programmes to students from all over the world who are interested in fashion and design. Courses are offered in Summer, and throughout the year. Topics include Fashion Drawing, Fashion Image, Fashion Production, Kidswear Design, Pattern Cutting, and Fashion Retail Management among many others.
During our Short Introductory courses, students become familiar with various fashion disciplines and more specific aspects of their chosen subject. Each course allows you to grasp the basic principles of the subject. In our Advanced courses, students learn specific technical skills and methodologies, as well as those relating to project proposals and the development of ideas.
At Istituto Marangoni, students find the motivation and skills to grow and become fashion designers of excellence who are capable of operating in a vast array of professional environments. We help students find the tools to interpret and guide and grow through study programs which are constantly updated to become highly skilled professionals in the fashion industry at the highest creative, organizational and business levels.
• Founded in 1961, Istituto di Moda Burgo is a long-established fashion school located in Milan's vibrant city centre.
• We offer high-quality academic year and short summer courses in Fashion Design, Fashion Stylist, Dressmaking, and Pattern Making - taught in English and Italian language.
• We provide 'Normal' and 'Intensive' study options for each course. 'Normal' courses last from 1-2 years, while 'Intensive' options run between 5 months and 1 year.
• Thanks to over 50 years experience in the fashion industry, Istituto di Moda Burgo's methodology and passion for Italian fashion and style has been exported to many fashion design schools, colleges, public and private universities abroad.
• We also offer our 4 main academic-year fashion programs at our school in Rome.
Student Review: "I had a great time at this school where I noticed the care with which the subjects are taught. The teachers are precise. I learned in a short time a new method. I'm very satisfied!" - Francesca
The school was estabished in 1998 and is located in the old part of Florence. There are classrooms for drawing and designing both by hand and by computer, and a large. fully-equipped workshops with individual professional workbenches, and the instruments and tools needed for the various specialisations as well as machinery for complete cycle casting. Courses are available for a minimum of one month and a maximum of a year and are aimed at those are newcomers to the craft and also those who already have some basic knowledge and wish to gain specialisation. Lessons are morning and afternoon every day from Monday to Friday. Lessons are held in Italian but we have a teaching assistant who can help students when they do not understand.