Design Schools in England: Jewellery school in London, jewelry design courses, beaded jewellry making classes for beginners to advanced students, silversmithing training, silver jewellery classes, ring-making, wax carving workshops in Central London
Vannetta Seecharran School of Jewellery, London: Vannetta Seecharran School of Jewellery, based in Islington, London, focuses on teaching professional jewellery making techniques in a way that is fun and accessible to beginners and those who want to pursue jewellery as a hobby or as a profession. As a leading Jeweller and with many years experience as an educator, Vannetta is passionate about teaching and encourages her students to achieve their potential as designer/makers. In addition to teaching professional jewellery making techniques there is an emphasis on developing individual design ideas. In just a few weeks students develop a keen eye for jewellery design and begin to formulate their own ideas for jewellery making.
Vannetta Seecharran has been influencing art and design in the jewellery field for nearly 20 years. During this time her work made it into the permanent art collections of The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, The Royal Pumproom Leamington Spa, Harris Museum & Art Gallery and Cartwright Hall Art Gallery. Today Vannetta's work is sold and exhibited in leading galleries and shows across Europe and North America.
In 2006, she set-up Vannetta Seecharran School of Jewellery, which has already taught over 1000 individuals, many of whom subsequently began practices as makers/designers. The school focuses on teaching professional jewellery making techniques in a way that is fun and accessible to beginners and those who want to pursue jewellery as a hobby or as a profession.
Our school is staffed by highly qualified tutors with Masters degrees and Post Graduate Teaching Diplomas. Tutors bring many years of teaching experience at leading art universities in London, and up to date skills and knowledge of the art and design field. All tutors are practising designer/makers and exhibit their work in the UK and abroad.
Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops in photography and digital media, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media.
We offer subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
Stills is a vibrant platform for creativity. Our integrated programmes illuminate the fascinating medium of photography, exploring everything from its technical and aesthetic developments through to the central role it plays in contemporary culture. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street.
- Weekend Workshops:
* Digital SLR Camera Training
* Lomography: Creative Analogue Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Evening Courses:
* Digital SLR Photography
* Digital Video Editing: Final Cut Express
* Introduction to Black and White Photography
* Layout (Adobe InDesign)
* Maps & Mappings (Adobe Illustrator)
* Photoshop Essential Training Modules
* Website Design (Dreamweaver)
- 1 Day Workshops:
* Fashion Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Summer School in photography & digital media
Sheffield Institute of Arts at Sheffield Hallam University is one of the oldest established art and design institutions in the UK offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. Located just over 2 hours from London in the North of England, we have one of the UK’s most respected art and design research centres. Our leading academics are internationally recognised experts. All of our courses are led and supported by specialist teachers and technicians who help provide a rich learning experience.
We are committed to helping you reach your creative potential and fully preparing you for the wide range of opportunities in our successful creative economy – either as independent artists and designers, or working in a wide range of industries.
Full & Part Time Degree Programmes:
- BA (Honours) Creative Art Practice
- MArt Creative Art Practice
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Graphic Design)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Industrial Design)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Metalwork and Jewellery)
- MA/PgDip/PgCert Design (Packaging Design)
- MDes Fashion Design
- BA (Honours) Fashion Design
The Manchester College came into existence on 1st August 2008, following the merger of City College Manchester and Manchester College of Arts and Technology (MANCAT). We are renowned for the range, flexibility and availability of the courses we offer, with more than 600 courses at all levels, from basic skills to higher education.
We offer certificate, diploma and foundation degree courses in various fields of art and design, including interior design, graphic design, animation, interactive media, video production and fashion industry courses. We also provide training in performing arts with focus on drama, music, acting and musical theatre as well as a degree in contemporary theatre practice.
The college's mission is to enhance the knowledge and skills of the whole community. We achieve this by providing high quality education, excellent facilities and outstanding personal support to help all our students to succeed and to build a successful future. Each year we enroll students from over 60 countries.
Foundation Degree Courses including:
- Contemporary Theatre Practice
- Jewellery and Applied Arts
- Photography & Digital Imaging
- Digital Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Fashion and Clothing Technology
Diploma Courses including:
- Interior Design
- Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre)
- Working in the Fashion Industry
- Interactive Media
Jo Hamilton is one of Britain's most sought-after independent interior designers, renowned for her flair in the use of colour and space. Her interior design courses - evening, weekend and day courses in central London - are aimed at everyone. Her courses are based on her belief that interior design can be made accessible to anyone - and that by understanding a few key design principles, even the least-confident and experienced can design interiors that work.
London Art Portfolio - Courses in the UK & ONLINE Worldwide
Courses / Programs
• London Art Portfolio is located in Wapping, Tower Hamlets in East London, close to Tower Bridge and Tower Hill tube station.
• We provide successful Art and Design portfolio preparation, foundation programmes, short courses, evening classes & private tuition for UK and internationals students at our school & Online in fields of fine art and design at all study levels.
• We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to Masters, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level courses in Art & Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & many other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & other locations around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
Reviews: "Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" Paola, Italy
Art & Design Portfolio Courses / 1-to-1 Tutoring at our school in London:
• Fine Art
• Fashion Design
• Graphic Design
• 3D Design / Architecture
Online One-One Portfolio Preparation:
Art / Design portfolio prep.
Year-round & Summer Courses:
• Portfolio Prep Courses: 24, 18, 12, 6 or 4 weeks
• 1-2 week Enrichment Course in Drawing or Model Making
• Summer Portfolio School- adults & teens
• Digital Portfolio Prep
• Foundation Course in Art and Design- 24 weeks
• One-One Studio Tutorial Support
• Short Courses - Half Term, Holiday & Evening classes
• Corporate Workshops
The London School of Beauty & Make-up is one of the largest private educational establishments in Britain, devoted exclusively to beauty therapy and make-up education. We offer unique educational programmes covering all aspects of beauty therapy including advanced courses such as; Laser, IPL and advanced holistic.
Our internationally renowned make-up courses are for those who dream to be professional high fashion make-up artists. Our Misson is to deliver industry-ready graduates through high quality, relevant, beauty & make-up education.
LSBM London offers both full-time and part-week flexible courses, and students may choose either a complete beauty therapy course or an individual module. LSBM School is an “adult learning environment”, all of our students are 18+ and are interested in studying in a mature, professional manner. All LSBM beauty tutors have a minimum of 5 years of industry experience as therapists/salon managers, and all hold recognised state registered teaching qualifications.
Our professional make-up team all have over a decade’s worth of industry experience working internationally on fashion publications, catwalk shows and music videos, whilst also holding recognised teaching qualifications. Our in-house make-up lecturers are supported by current freelance make-up artists and hairstylists to provide students with most up to date industry techniques and trends.