Sol Schools Toronto: Sol Schools Toronto is an international language school and teacher training center located in downtown Toronto, Ontario in Canada. The ESL teacher training programs offered by Sol Schools Toronto include a TEFL certificate, a part-time CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course and a TESL diploma course (offered full-time or part-time) which teaches you everything you need to teach English in Canada or overseas. Full job assistance is also provided.
Email:Contact us here
ESL Teacher Training Courses in Toronto: To meet the needs of our students, we offer modern, professional, accredited courses in a real ESL setting as well as full employment assistance! Our programs will qualify you to teach English, whether you are planning to do so in your home country or in Canada or travel the world and teach. Teaching English as a second or foreign language is an exciting and rewarding career that can take you anywhere and change people's lives!
If you are looking to teach English in Canada (and overseas) we recommend the following courses:
TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Diploma Program: The TESL Diploma program is recognized throughout Canada and worldwide, as it complies to international standards which requires 100 hours of in-class training and a 20 hour practicum. This program provides an in-depth look at teaching international students both locally and abroad and follows the TESL Canada guidelines.
Students enjoy the balance of practical and theoretical methods of teaching. TESL students will observe experienced teachers for 10 hours and teach for 10 hours of supervised teaching to ESL students. All of these are organized and completed at Sol Schools Toronto. Class sizes are kept to a maximum 10 students to assure that each student is given a great amount of personal attention. Graduates are ready and confident to teach after graduation and are quickly hired locally and abroad.
In order to apply, students must have a university degree and pass the admissions procedure. Non-native speakers must also provide either a TOEFL or an IELTS score.
- Intensive TESL Course (Full-time): Classes take place from Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 3:00pm for 4 weeks. The practicum (teaching practice) is completed outside of the course time. 5 practicum classes must be taught.
- Semi Intensive TESL Course (Part-time): Classes take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6pm to 9:30pm for 10 weeks. The practicum (teaching practice) must be completed outside of the course time. Practicum classes will be Monday to Thursday evenings plus possibly some Saturdays. Part-time Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Program: Duration: 11 weeks including practicum: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 10pm .
The CELTA program is the longest running teacher training certification in the world. Students who finish this program will receive a teaching award from the University of Cambridge. Our CELTA program is offered on a part-time basis to make the transition from one career to ESL teaching a little easier. However, although this course is offered on a part-time basis, students of the CELTA program must be prepared for a semi-intensive course.
The CELTA course is an excellent choice for those who are looking to teach in Europe or the Middle East, although this certification can be used worldwide. Our CELTA program meets the TESL Canada requirements, so it can also be used in Canada too.
Entry Requirements: High School Diploma or higher; Proficient English ability; Pass the Admissions tasks.
For those who are looking to teach overseas only, we recommend the following courses: Sol Schools Toronto TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate Course: Duration - 1 week (including practicum): Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Teaching English overseas is almost becoming a rite of passage. Many people teach overseas to see if this is an industry that they would like to pursue long term. The TEFL Certificate will give students an insight into how English language teaching works, the basics of lesson planning and an introduction of teaching methodology and techniques. It is offered to anybody as a 5-day course, covering the basics of current ELT practice and theory. The course covers similar areas as the CELTA / TESL / TESOL courses but in less detail, and includes observation of experienced teachers and approximately one hour of teaching practice with foreign students to really understand how the classroom works and to practice their new skills. This program can be used overseas only, but those who wish to continue in this industry will receive a discount on the TESL or CELTA program.
5-hour English Teacher Training Workshops: - Teaching Business English - Teaching Grammar - Teaching One to One - Teaching Young Learners - Teaching TOEFL - Teaching English Online
Our 5 Hour Workshops are intensive and informative and will give you an edge on a variety of jobs both locally and overseas. Both new and experienced teachers will benefit from learning new ways to approach the classroom, ideas and activities to use and a wealth of information to take home on the subject.
For further information on our ESL teacher training courses in Toronto, please email us via our Contact Us page.
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2021-07-24 were from:
Taishan Guangdong, China;
Vina del Mar, Chile, Chile;
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia;
Qatif, Saudi Arabia;
Ontario/Toronto/St. Dennis drive;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in Canada, USA, UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from Canada, USA, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
Are you ready to start an exciting new career teaching English abroad? Take one of Ontesol's accredited online TESOL / TEFL courses and gain an internationally-recognized qualification as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher from the comfort of your own home.
Ontesol was developed by Coventry House International in Toronto to provide students with the flexibility of taking a TESOL / TEFL course online. Coventry House International has years of experience delivering advanced TESOL courses such as Trinity CertTESOL and TESL Canada.
Our innovative online teacher training courses provide students with the skills and knowledge required to become ESL teachers. Our mission is to provide teachers with the latest innovative approaches, techniques, strategies, and classroom procedures in order to foster their professional development.
The Academy of Languages and Training Canada (ATC) offers internationally-recognized TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification programs in the heart of Vancouver BC. We offer a 4-week TESOL Certificate program and an 8-week TESOL Diploma to Canadian and international students with a high-intermediate to advanced level of English. In addition, we provide a range of online TESOL courses.
The in-class TESOL teacher training programs are intensive and exciting programs that include an integrated practicum (work experience) with a lot of student presentations and practice teaching to prepare students to teach in the real classroom! Our online TESOL courses are ideal for students who are self-motivated and give the students the advantage to work in the comfort of their own home at their own pace.
Our school is centrally located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, just 2 blocks from Granville and Waterfront skytrain stations. We are close to coffee shops, stores, and restaurants.
• With two training centres in Toronto, Ontario, StudyCELTA provides quality English language teacher courses to students from Canada and around the world.
• The Eglinton Avenue Campus training centre in the North Toronto area offers both full-time and part-time Cambridge CELTA courses, and part-time Cambridge DELTA courses.
• The University Avenue Campus training centre in downtown Toronto area offers full-time Cambridge CELTA courses.
• Being active globally in the TEFL / TESOL field since 1999, StudyCELTA is highly experienced in facilitating English language teacher certification for students who have made the decision to become a teacher of English as a second language.
• Having experienced work life ourselves as second language teachers and in management roles in language schools globally, we fully understand the importance and process of choosing a quality, accredited TEFL course. We look forward to answering your questions.
• Accommodation can be arranged by the Teacher Training Center for trainees coming from outside of Toronto.
Student Review: "The opportunity to actually teach while learning is an unparalleled experience and the teacher trainers employ the same methodology in their instructions. Having a teacher with a wealth of experience is excellent, but having teachers who care so passionately about teaching is invaluable."
- Michael from Canada
Located in the Lower Mainland in BC, Canada, we are situated in Richmond, which is about 30 minutes south of the downtown core Kwantlen is the longest established CELTA centre on the west coast of Canada. Although we do not have a current CELTA offering, we have been running courses regularly since 1997, and we have an established team of Cambridge accredited trainers with substantial experience teaching English and training teachers both abroad and in Canada. Kwantlen offers longer CELTA courses that allow trainee teachers more time to develop the knowledge, skills and awareness to begin their careers: choose from 5-week full time courses or 12-week part-time courses. The CELTA course at Kwantlen is unique in offering an online module that gives trainees hands-on experience with an online learning environment.
CELTA, part-time courses. CELTA, full time courses. CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is the most widely recognized certification in the world for ESL teacher training.
The International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC) is an accredited English language school and TESOL teacher training school with campuses in the centers of Toronto, Ontario and Vancouver, BC.
Our four-week International TESOL certificate program is offered to international students who want to go back to their country to teach or want an additional English achievement for their resume. This course includes 100 hours of instruction plus a mandatory 10-hour teaching practice (practicum).
Our four-week TESOL Diploma program is offered to native English speakers and non-native speakers who want to become language teachers in Canada and overseas. It includes 100 hours of instruction plus a mandatory 20-hour teaching practice (practicum).
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate & Diploma Programs:
- 4-week International TESOL Certificate Program
- 4-week TESOL Diploma Program
The hands-on experience you gain through our practice sessions will give you the confidence you need to win over a real classroom and create an environment that is nurturing, real and fulfilling, not only for your students, but for you, as teacher.