ESL graduate program in Seattle WA: TESL certification for teaching English as a second language, ESL teacher training. Accredited TESOL course in King County, Washington State, get certified to teach ESL abroad.
Washington Academy of Languages: Washington Academy of Languages (WAL) is located in the vibrant heart of downtown Seattle, and offers an Accredited Graduate Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) through City University of Seattle. Our TESOL Certificate Program has an established reputation for combining practical skills with theory enabling graduates to become confident, creative, and effective instructors. Since 1979, WAL has been offering classes in English as a Second Language (ESL), World Languages and Teacher Education. Credits are awarded by City University of Seattle, which is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Accredited Graduate Certificate in TESOL: This program is offered through City University of Seattle. The TESOL program consists of five courses at the graduate level. Each course earns three university quarter credits, for a total of 15 university quarter credits. It is necessary to take all classes for credit in order to receive the Certificate. All classes are offered online and during the day in our Summer Intensive program. The TESOL Program gives participants a foundation in second language acquisition theory, linguistics, language teaching methods, and cultural issues related to teaching a diverse student population. Participants acquire hands-on experience utilizing contemporary instructional methods. Emphasis is placed on the practical aspects of teaching.
TESOL Certificate Requirements Completion of the TESOL Certificate requires a total of 5 courses (15 credits):
TESOL 510 Principles of Language Learning & Teaching TESOL 525 Methods of Teaching Language TESOL 530 Teaching Grammar TESOL 540 Strategies for Teaching the Four Skills TESOL 550 Materials Development & Selection
Students who complete all five courses will be awarded the TESOL Certificate. Graduates who already hold a Washington State teacher's certificate will also be eligible for ELL Endorsement.
Do you want to travel to exotic locations and experience diverse cultures while earning money at the same time? Start an exciting new career as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher with TEFL Training College!
A international leader in online TEFL / TESOL education and learning, we provide globally-recognized and accredited TEFL / TESOL certification courses that are taught online via self-study.
Our English teacher training courses by distance learning are available to students across the U.S., Canada, the UK and around the world.
Studying online is an affordable and convenient way to achieve your TEFL / TESOL qualification to teach English abroad.
You do not have to attend class in person and do not have to start your course on any specific date - if you enrol today, you can start today! Our courses are assignment-based so you do not need to take any exams.
Student Reviews: "As an experienced teacher, I highly recommend this course to both novices and experienced teachers." - Andre
"I thank you for the excellent service and professional tutors you have provided to me during my studies." - Jan
• International Language Institute (ILI) offers an 8-week TESOL / TEFL certificate program at our school in Washington DC.
• This comprehensive ESL teacher training course has a practical focus and will equip you with the skills you will need to teach English as a Second Language in the United States or abroad.
• The course is offered every 8 weeks, year round. In addition to our TEFL / TESOL certification course, we offer a range of English courses to students from around the world.
• Our 120-hour TESOL / TEFL certification course centers on practice in teaching the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as the sub-skills of pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
• Course components include lesson planning, observation of peers and practicing teachers, practice teaching in individual and group settings, maintaining teaching records, critical self-observation and compiling of a portfolio of teaching materials, and career planning and management.
Learn to teach English as a second language. Gain knowledge and skills to help you get a career in teaching overseas or locally. Tennessee Foreign Language Institute (TFLI) is located in Nashville, TN, in a thriving, multicultural community, and the "Athens of the South". We provide TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) courses for both native and non-native English speakers.
TFLI has the unique privilege of serving this community, holding the distinction as the only state-supported language institution in the US. We have offered training in over 100 world languages since 1987.
The British Council recognizes TFLI as a reputable teaching institution, acknowledging that our coursework meets the highest standards in teacher training. Therefore, graduates of TFLI's TESL program meet the criteria to become IELTS examiners for ELS and the British Council.
- TESL Certification Course: This 150-hour program includes training in the fundamentals of Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), with the purpose of preparing its graduates to teach ESL in a variety of classroom settings
- TESL for Non-native Speakers of English: 150-hour Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate Program
• EBC would like to invite Americans to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
Do you dream of exploring the world? Your next job could be challenging, fun, inspirational - and your greatest adventure yet.
Join us for our 130-hour TESOL/TEFL Certificate course in Greenville or Charleston, SC. In less than one semester, you'll have the tools, skills, and connections, to teach English and be confident in the classroom - on any continent. Teaching abroad can change your life. And the whole world is waiting for you.
In partnership with Greenville Technical College and The College of Charleston, graduates receive their 130-hr TESOL/TEFL Certificate, plus 32 CEUs or 6 graduate credits. Our Blended Format means low-residency for on-site classes, interactive online lessons, and a 30-hr teaching practicum with our partner organizations.
-- an introductory module to get you focused and organized in your job search
-- a bonus resume writing workshop and coaching session with a professional resume writer
-- 6 professional development Graduate Credits through our partner agreement with the College of Charleston (if eligible)
-- lifetime access to course updates and discounts on other EFL courses
-- a facebook group of EFL graduates to connect, support, and inspire