Teaching House New York: Teaching House New York provides quality TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training for the CELTA course. We are situated right in midtown Manhattan. Administered by Cambridge University, The CELTA is the most internationally-recognized ESL teacher training course throughout the world.
CELTA (Certificate of English Language Teaching for Adults) Course: The CELTA course uses a practical method to train for ESL teaching. Trainees gain the skillset to teach a variety of lessons to non-native English speakers. A crucial section of the course includes 6 hours of teaching practice, where you will gain be teaching English to non-native speakers. Our teacher trainers will provide oy with valuable feedback after observing each of your lessons.
We offer an intensive full-time course that runs for 4 weeks and an extensive part-time course that runs for 10 weeks. Our full-time courses take place from 9:45 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Our part-time courses take place from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM, either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday. Both part-time options also include a Saturday session that runs from 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
• EBC would like to invite Americans to consider Madrid and Spain as a quality TEFL course + work destination in Europe. Madrid is a TEFL hotspot year-round with a vibrant nightlife and cultural immersion experience, and EBC Madrid offers an accredited TEFL course with job placement program for our graduates! Contact us today for details of our next course dates.
• EBC Madrid is an accredited centre of Trinity College, and a leading provider of internationally-recognised TEFL courses and job placement opportunities for career-change seekers and global travelers.
• EBC offers a British Council-accepted Trinity CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid, the ability to earn up to 60 university credits, and the key resource of free worldwide, lifetime job placement for our TEFL graduates.
• The Trinity CertTESOL qualification is preferred by many renowned language schools worldwide, and over the last 16 years, EBC has been instrumental in helping more than 8000+ TEFL graduates finance their travels and realise their dreams of living and working outside of their home countries.
• If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, EBC Madrid provides our comprehensive Road2Spain program which offers you a 1 year student visa to work, live and travel throughout Spain and Europe.
• EBC also runs accredited TEFL courses in Crete (Greece), Buenos Aires, (Argentina) and Boracay (Philippines).
Intensive 4-week accredited TEFL / TESOL teacher certificate course:
• Comprises 150 hours including 24 hours of teaching practice.
• Written to UK QCF level 5 standards.
With Study Package options:
• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Road2Spain (Road2Spain is an ideal option, for example, for citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa who want a seamless stay in Spain with accommodation and study visa included).
Division of Teacher Education at CECH, University of Cincinnati
Courses / Programs
The University of Cincinnati College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH), located on the university's main campus in Cincinnati, Ohio, offers Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) programs at Certificate, Masters & Doctoral levels. All of our language programs offer specialization in either PreK-16 literacy instruction, or English as a Second Language (ESL). Programs are available online through distance learning, and on-site at our Cincinnati campus.
Our Masters Degree enables professional educators to broaden their understanding of the social, cultural, and linguistic factors that contribute to a person’s ability to read and write in a first or second language.
The Doctoral program prepares literacy professionals who will hold research and literacy education positions in universities across the country as well as for roles in local, regional, state or national educational agencies and corporations.
All programs in the School of Education meet rigorous accreditation standards of the State of Ohio and National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Online & On-site Literacy & Second Language Teaching Courses:
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) General Certificate
- TESOL K-12 Endorsement (Online)
- Adult / International TESL
- Post-secondary Literacy Instruction
- PreK-12th Grade Reading Instruction
Graduate / Post-Graduate Programs:
- Literacy & Second Language Studies (Master of Education)
- Literacy & Second Language Studies (Doctor of Education)
LinguaEdge, LLC based in Los Angeles, California, offers online language and TESOL teacher training solutions to learners all over the world. Whether you are looking to learn English or to get certified to teach ESL or EFL, our online courses are convenient, flexible and affordable. Study on your time, at your pace, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All you need is an internet connection to get started.
Our Online TESOL Certificate Program blends theory with the nuts-and-bolts essentials of teaching English to learners around the world. Candidates will get an overview of TESOL and the theories that inform the field; learn effective teaching techniques; design engaging student-centered lesson plans; and practice effective classroom management strategies.
Working in partnership with Seattle Pacific University, The School of Teaching ESL (S-TESL) offers an accredited TESOL Certificate via online classes to students in the Houston TX area, throughout Texas, and nationwide.
Our online TESOL classes are asynchronous and consist of 9 modules completed over a 10 week quarter, and are designed for those who prefer the flexibility of online study.
This solid project-based program taught by highly-qualified professional teacher educators prepares you to teach in the U.S. or overseas.
Classes begin winter, spring, summer and fall quarters. Onsite study options are also available.
Student Testimonial: "This is a seasoned, well-thought out program that is taught by extremely knowledgeable and experienced instructors. I was not a teacher before the course but now I am."
Accredited Online TESOL Certificate Program (120+ hours)
Courses include: - Approaches and Methods in ELT
- Assessment of English Language Students
- Classroom Issues and Management
- Content-based English Language Teaching
- Foundations of English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Grammar in ELT
- Reading and Writing
- Teaching Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Technology in English Language Teaching..
Astar Education Institute, Washington DC Metro Area
Courses / Programs
• Earn an internationally-accredited TESOL / TEFL English teacher certificate with Astar Education Institute (AEI) - a leader in the field of international education and ESL certification.
• Located in Manassas VA, in the Washington DC metro area, AEI provide an intensive, 140-hour TESOL certificate program for students who want to live and work abroad as an English teacher.
• Astar provides international employment opportunities to students who want to travel to China and teach English to non-native speakers in a Chinese school.
• Designed by a university Ph.D. to replicate graduate-level programs, our TESOL Certificate offers a variety of courses that are all designed to fully prepare teacher trainees to live and work abroad in teaching positions that command top salaries and benefits.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate Program:
- Duration: 140 hours: Core modules include: • Introduction to TESOL
• Methodology and Linguistic Theory in ESL Teaching
• Assessing English Language Proficiency
• Teaching Speaking and Listening English
• Teaching Reading and Writing English
• Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary and Lesson Planning
• ESL Classroom Management
• Teaching Practicum
• The International TEFL Institute (ITEFLI) provides internationally-accredited and globally-recognized certificate and master diploma programs in Teaching English Language as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
• Taught via online learning, our TEFL (TESOL) programs are available to students in the U.S., Canada and worldwide.
• We equip you with the teaching skills and certification required to get a professional well-paid job teaching English anywhere in the world.
• A TEFL qualification from ITEFLI will help you find TEFL jobs throughout the world. Our online TEFL certification programs are provided through up-to-date, technologically-advanced interactive training media which enhance and promote the learning experience.
• The main advantages of completing an online TEFL course are convenience and flexibility. You can study from any location you choose and you can start the program whenever you want.
• Learn at your own pace with up to 6 months to complete a course. You don't have to take any exams - qualification is earned through assignments you submit.
• ITEFLI is accredited by the International TEFL Accreditation Council (ITEFLAC) - an independent body that specialises in the accreditation of TEFL/TESOL course providers and institutions.
Student Review: "The course itself is professionally produced and contains great information...thank you very much for the wonderful time I had. I'm equally impressed with the professional materials. I highly recommend this course to anyone."