Find a Montessori school in South Texas: Kindergarten in Houston, private elementary school for boys & girls. Montessori preschool & early childhood education for toddlers & preschoolers, child care center in West Houston TX.
Sherwood Forest Montessori School: Located in West Houston in Harris County, Texas, Sherwood Forest Montessori School is an independent learning environment offering educational programs for children aged eighteen months through grade six. Our school offers a flexible range of year round programs for children from 18 months through the sixth grade with enrollment accepted throughout the year. We are expertly staffed with AMS certified teachers, Montessori interns, and trained assistants. Together we work to create stimulating learning environments full of materials and activities to interest and challenge the children.
Email:Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
Our school is accredited by the American Montessori Society and by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs. Sherwood Forest acts as a model for the training of other teachers, for we often have intern teachers working in our programs.
- Toddler Community program:
Prepared environment for children 18 to 36 months
- Early Childhood program:
Children aged three to six years including kindergarten
- Elementary class program:
Children aged six to twelve years
Situated in Pearland in Brazoria County TX, Crossing Borders provides quality Spanish and Mandarin bilingual preschool programs for toddlers and young children (ages 2-5 years). Our Spanish & Mandarin immersion programs run for 2, 3, or 5 days a week. All options are full-day programs.
Children in our preschool programs learn through age-appropriate music, games, and activities. Most importantly, they have fun and love these classes!
Children taking part in our language immersion programs enjoy the best of both worlds: bilingualism and high-quality education. They participate in traditional preschool activities with a teacher who delivers the majority of instruction in the target language with minimal English support.
Your child learns their target language in the natural way, picking up words and phrases as they participate in fun and engaging activities.
We also have learning centers in south-central Houston (Rice Village), Katy (West Houston) and Spring / The Woodlands (North Houston).
Parent Testimonial: “Great teacher very thorough and willing to teach my son. He is very happy to come to her class and he's learning much more than our expectations. We are happy with the results.” - Benny
Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs
Courses / Programs
• Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) provides high-quality, NCAA-approved homeschool programs for K-12 students in Texas, throughout the United States, and internationally.
• Accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC), we have offered online homeschool, independent study and distance learning programs since 1997.
• At ALA, we are committed to providing a positive learning environment for every student. We recognize that each child is an individual, and provide customized instruction for students of all levels.
• The primary benefit of homeschooling is the one-to-one student-teacher ratio. Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• We use Acellus Curriculum, which includes core and elective courses, and allows for comprehensive, customized programs for each student. In addition, we offer a diverse range of electives, administrative tools, and assessment applications to facilitate learning and teaching in an online environment.
• Our program also provides clubs and special events which are held live online so that your child or teenager can interact with other students in real time.
• On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma and an official transcript stating they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
Conveniently located in Missouri City TX, in Fort Bend County just 20 minutes from Downtown Houston, Little Wonders Learning Center provides Reggio Emilia-inspired education programs for children from infants through elementary school.
Our curriculum is child-centered and based on the Reggio Emilia approach - which promotes education through the development of all of their languages: expressive, communicative, symbolic, cognitive, ethical, metaphorical, logical, imaginative and relational.
Kinsmen Lutheran School in Houston in Harris County, TX, prides itself on teaching excellent Christian morals and values through it's preschool and kindergarten programs. We use a Christian-based curriculum that focuses on core fundamental studies. Kinsmen Lutheran School is a licensed childcare provider by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Our class ratios are exceptional. Our kindergarten class has a 10-1 ratio, while our 1st grade class boasts a 12-1 ratio. We take monthly field trips, Wednesday Chapel, music, sign language and Spanish classes. Kinsmen is dedicated to building children’s self-esteem, promoting self-reliance, providing Christian nurturing and enriching your child’s experiences in an educational environment.
Children have opportunities to experience learning centers, music and movement, arts & crafts, language development and stimulation, science and the study of God’s word. Manipulative play, a fenced playground, indoor gym, dramatic play, sand and water play and sharing time, as well as Chapel time and field trips are offered for preschoolers.
Kinsmen is a congregation of the ELCA (The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America).
Located in Garrison Park in South Austin in Travis County, Texas, Strickland Christian School serves grade K4 to 8th students from Sunset Valley, Garrision Park, Oak Hill, Shady Hollow, West Congress and surrounding South Austin communities. In the early 1960’s, Corine Strickland began teaching first grade in Texas with her own phonics and memory program.
Since that time, Strickland School has been dedicated to training children in godly character while providing them with the academic skills necessary to make them successful students and leaders in their communities.
We believe each child is a gift from God, and our curriculum is intended to develop both mind and spirit. The Strickland School curriculum emphasizes strong Phonics & Math skills in the early grades, and in the upper grades, students benefit from the basics learned in those earlier grades.
The Selwyn College Preparatory School, located in Denton (40 miles northwest of Dallas) in Denton County, Texas, is an independent, co-educational day school offering grades PK-12. Occupying a 90-acre campus and drawing students from more than 29 North Texas communities, the Selwyn School offers a rigorous academic program that challenges students.
The Selwyn School is committed to providing an outstanding academic program for students aged 13 months through to 12th grade. Through high-quality, excellent instruction, Selwyn fosters an atmosphere that creates a joy for learning. While emphasizing reasoning and independent thinking skills, Selwyn's curriculum incorporates a variety of approaches to learning.